“Loved the front desk and the rooms were very nice!”

Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We went to this Best Western expecting a typical Best Western hotel and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is perfectly situated for north Sonoma wine country adventures, the rooms were very nice with a fireplace and a large, deep jacuzzi bath tub. Perfect for a cool autumn trip.

Best part about this hotel was the front desk staff. Troy was very helpful - giving us a highlighted map (focusing on the areas where we wanted to go), coupons for wine tasting and great advise. Very personable and great customer service. We loved it and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: pay the little extra for a villa room - they're really nice!
1  Thank Pamita M
Write a ReviewReviews (2,096)

Reviewed 12 December 2011

A group of friends recently visited the Dry Creek Inn and we all really enjoyed our stay. We went on a Travelzoo special and the price could not have been beat. Our rooms were spacious, comfortable and quiet. The grounds were lovely and we would have spent more time in the patio area if the weather was nicer. (we still managed a bottle of champagne by the out door fire place) We played and game in the lobby and got to witness an outstanding desk clerk in Troy, he handled everything that came his way with professionalism and charm. Our midweek getaway is one we won't forget soon. The Tuscan rooms are very nicely decorated and our only complaint is that the showers are tiny, maybe every room doesn't need a jacuzzi tub. Would go back in a heart beat.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms toward the back of property are nice and quiet. The Tuscan rooms seem newer but I...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1wannag0
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Definitely worth the upgrade to stay in the Tuscan building. We traveled from Florida to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversay in Northern California. Loved the cozy fireplace which we never get to enjoy in hot Florida. Fireplace, huge fluffy king bed and the jacuzzi tub made this a really romantic getaway for our anniversary. Healdsburg is a sweet little town with lots of character and everyone was extremely friendly. The courtyard complete with fountain had the fabulous touch of Italy and breakfast was good in a large room. A classy place for a great price!

1  Thank IslandGirl059
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I have stayed 4 years in a row during early December at this hotel and I enjoy it very much. My trips are for wine tasting each year and the location is right off 101 and very easy access to go in any direction for a day of wine tasting. Rooms are spacious, clean, nice continental breakfast in the am. Staff is great and they have a little wine tasting each friday at the hotel lobby and can supply you with free tasting coupons. Healdsburg is a wonderful town, with great restaurants from budget to luxury dining. Also several good wine tasting rooms on the square and many nice shops.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelor1962
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We arrived on a cold and rainy day after a long cross-country flight and drive up from San Francisco. The check in went smoothly. Our room was clean and pleasant, though we were quite disappointed to not have a coffee/tea maker. Though the weather was bad I did get in my usual laps in the nicely heated pool (much to the astonishment of a couple of friendly employees). The wireless worked just fine. OK, so far pretty good.

But alas, things went down hill. In the middle of the night our toilet stopped up and we could not get any help. No maintenance person in attendance or on call at this very large hotel. Hmmmm. A promise from the front desk that as soon as the maintenance guy arrived at 7:00 he would be sent to our room, and we were reminded that was a restroom in the lobby (which was a long distance from our room). I asked if there was a plunger anywhere on site so I could fix the problem. Nope. No such thing. Whoa......

So, 7:00 no help. A call to the desk assured me the fixer was "on his way to your room". 7:15 no help. Another call. "He's on his way." 7:30 no help so I went to the front desk. Whoops, the maintenance guy was given the wrong room. 7:35 room fixed.Whoa....

The bottom line is that at my request we got a 20% discount on the room (which, I must say was very fairly priced to begin with). Needless to say I was pretty grumpy at the front desk, but the women working there were apologetic and patient.

After we returned home I got a form letter for the CEO of the hotel chain thanking me for my visit. I replied with a description of our problem and he suggested he would look into it. Said there was a maintenance closet with a plunger. Hmmmmm. Haven't heard any more.

We travel a lot and this is the first time anywhere in the world we've had this problem. Needless to say we were exhausted after our very long trip and just wanted to sleep in before hitting the wine country and the house we were renting near the coast for a week.

As I noted to the CEO the devil is in travel details like this, which can be a real bummer, particularly in a hotel that otherwise shows signs of good management.

Oh guys, how about coffee in the room........and a plunger in a closet

Room Tip: Try to get a room near one of the two nice pools and dining room.
1  Thank rkgood
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Stayed in the newer Tuscan part of the Inn. While I had liked the other part, the Tuscan area is extremely nice. Rooms are more comfortable, private patio or balcony is extremely nice, and service -- no matter what room you are in -- is always first class. The Tuscan rooms are more expensive, but if you go in off-season, you can get a great deal. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit the Sonoma wine country.

Room Tip: Second floor is more quiet. Would ask for one of those.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My husband and I both loved the Dry Creek Inn! After a long day of travel, it was so nice to arrive and find such a wonderful hotel. We spent a lovely, comfortable night, and we enjoyed the breakfast, too. We appreciated so much the suggestions that the staff made for us to go to the local tasting rooms, and to dinner.

We both loved the area, and decided to plan a trip just to the Healdsburg area. I am very sure that we will be planning to stay at the Dry Creek Inn. It was a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: We asked for, and received, a quiet room in the back of the property. That would not work if you h...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
#1 of 1 in Geyserville
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
1 mi away
Hotel Les Mars, Relais & Chateaux

Been to Best Western Dry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!