“Very nice staff”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
San Francisco, California
“Very nice staff”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Lost a very valuable pair of sunglasses at the pool, and they were returned to me the next day. The managers of this place are very friendly and made us feel like relatives (the good kind) staying with them. They must treat their employees well because everyone was kind to us and kept the place in good order. The pool(s) are wonderful, nice hot tub on a cool weekend.

Room Tip: Upper floors probably a bit less noisy. Tuscan rooms looked beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
Stony Plain, Canada
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Tuscan room was fantastic. Breakfast was good enough to get you going and hold you till lunch and wine tasting. The location is close to downtown Headlsburg where there are great restaurant's, shopping and wine tasting. We will come back on the next visit to the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kinver, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed here for one night in October. The hotel was in a great location for us and the room was spotless, We had a room in the Tuscan building and had a very comfortable stay. Great spa bath, hot tub and very lovely bed.

Breakfast though was a self service buffet free for all. Not good

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John H
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Spent 2 nights there in late October. Spent very little time at the hotel itself as I spent the day driving around wine country in North Sonoma Valley. I reserved a king room in the Tuscan building largely because of the favorable reviews on Trip Advisor. Although the room was adequate size with a gas fireplace, whirlpool tub, shower, with a sliding door leading to the courtyard area, I thought the room's appearance was rather dark and blah and in need of updating. Nothing special! Had difficulties with the toilet as the water wouldn't stop running, but was able to fix myself without calling maintenance. Noticed a few ants on the bathroom floor. And the shower and toilet area was extremely small. Bed was comfy and fireplace worked well. The continental breakfast each morning was very disappointing. The best thing about the hotel is it's location, just off HWY 101 and Dry Creek Rd in Healdsburg. I thought it was a little overpriced for what you get, but very convenient if you are in the area for wine tasting or want easy access to downtown plaza (about 1 mi away). I'd stay there again, but no more than a couple of days. There are better, and more expensive, places in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I checked in and was given a 1/2 priced offer from my original reservation because I had reserved a room in the "Tuscan" building where there was a problem with the AC or something. They asked me if I would consider moving to the original building or something like that, and I did, and did get a special price.

But man, it was a terrible room. It was motel-style - hallways were outside, you walk in and there is a box, the sink is in the back right of the box room, exposed to the room, and the tiny bathroom is in the back left of the box. Really disliked what I felt was a cheap feel to the place. Couldn't relax in the room, as people were walking by my window, and there was virtually no sunlight in the room even with the blinds open (which gives you zero privacy). This is the kind of place where you would only want to stay during sleeping hours - not a moment more.

The original price was highway robbery - it was peak season - I get it. But you DO NOT get what you pay for here, in my opinion. Even though I got a decent price (maybe $150/night instead of maybe $300) bec I took a voluntary downgrade to the motel-wing, I thought even that was a terrible deal, especially considering the cheapness. It definitely felt like a room on the side of an interstate.

Also, location-wise - a long walk or a taxi into town. There is nothing around this place, except for the 101. A greasy spoon diner is attached, but that is absolutely it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
aaron9556, Owner at BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Past Guest:

Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting or exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

I regret we were forced to move your original reservation in our newer Luxury Tuscan building, to a room in our original Vintage building during your stay with us. I can totally understand your disappointment. We had an emergency with some of our Luxury Tuscan rooms that forced us to do the same with several of our other guests, as well. You were very gracious to move and accept our offer of 50% your total stay for the inconvenience this caused you.

Most certainly our Vintage rooms are downgraded with fewer amenities offered in the room, as compared with our Luxury Tuscan rooms. But I would not say they are on the same level of a Motel 6. I regret you felt this way.

I further regret you felt our hotel is overpriced. Since, our hotel is located in the very popular Sonoma Wine Country, the demand on weekends for hotel rooms is very high. Therefore, all hotels in our area price their rates according to this demand. In most cases, our hotel is substantially lower in price than most all other hotels located in Downtown Healdsburg and in the surrounding area. Our best deals can be found during the weekdays when our hotel offers many special rates that are under $100 per night. I feel we are a very good value as compared to the other hotel properties located in Healdsburg.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to complete your review.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Aaron S. Krug
President and General Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dry Creek Inn
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Overall, our stay was fine. I did book a room in the newer building. Nice size room, gas fireplace, ok tub (which we didn't use). The shower was quite small though. We had a room facing the main road, so it wasn't much of a room. That may have been a good thing though cause the interior rooms face the courtyard. While walking to the breakfast room, I could definitely see into a few rooms. Breakfast was ok, not great but its free so I'm not complaining. Everything was well stocked and they were on top of restocking things. You will just find a few breakfast pastries, cereal, waffle maker, pancake maker, and they had microwavable breakfast sandwiches one day and breakfast burritos another. Compared to staying around Healdsburg square, you cannot beat this price. Its about a 1-2 min drive to the square where there is plenty of free parking. Overall, if you're on a budget, which I was from the federal government furlough, you can't beat it.

Room Tip: No clue what the other rooms were like, but I'm told the rooms in the new building are better. T...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The property was recommended by a friend who vists Healsburg frequently. This is a great find. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Rooms are very comfortable with all that you would require for a short stay. Location is ideal for access to main highway (around the corner) or local streets for all the local vineyards. Price is very reasonable depending on when you go compared to other venues.

Room Tip: Higher units in newer section are a real plus.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country
Geyserville Inn
Geyserville Inn
#1 of 1 in Geyserville

Been to BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!