“Best Value in ALL of Wine Country”

Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We stay at the Dry Creek Inn every time we come to Wine Country. The rates are always great you can't beat the free wi-fi and hot breakfast. The breakfast is the best in Healdsburg and each day we were greeted by Ollie, who is a welcome site at breakfast each day.

We stayed in room 220 this last visit and there was a coke machine that was obnoxiously loud, but the staff unplugged it so it didn't disturb anyone. I would recommend staying on the side opposite of Adele's to avoid late night disturbances.

You really can't beat the value here and we will continue to come here every time we're in town.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank muggsyoung
There are newer reviews for Best Western Dry Creek Inn

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Our stay was nice. The room was large and spacious with fireplace (depending on which room you select). The outdoor areas are nice and quaint. The location is really close to the highway and convenient to the wineries both north and south of this location. Complimentary breakfast was just enough to get us started for the day. It was a nice choice although we didn't sit out on our balcony as the air conditioner on our neighbors balcony was really loud.

Room Tip: second floor suite with fireplace was perfect
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Just checked in to this property en route from Palm Desert to Seattle for a good night's sleep after reading other reviews. Their 800 reservation customer service rep guided me to making a reservation through their website to get a better/special rate, which I did. Looks like they assign you to a room that has not been updated (the Tuscan wing apparently has been for a lot higher rate) on the 3rd floor at the end of a long hallway for that rate. The TV does not work (and is about 20 years old), the sheer curtains in the room are shredded and worn), the lampshades looked like someone had knocked the lamps over and left them that way, all in all a shabby room for $95.00 with tax. I called the front desk and whoever answered said "sorry I'll let the morning manager know you were not happy with your room." Really? No offer to move us? Never again. Don't waster your money here.

1  Thank PLMeyer
aaron9556, Owner at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Past Guest:

Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting or exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

All our rates are the same weather you call the Best Western 800 number, visit our hotel's web site or call us directly. You were given erroneous information by the Reservationist, upon your initial call to Best Western’s 800 number. I will be contacting my Best Western representative, in order to have this situation rectified. I regret this happened and you were given bad information by this individual located in Phoenix, Arizona.

In respect to the deficiencies present in the room, I have forwarded your comments onto both my Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer. The room should not have been rented with the conditions that were present at the time of your arrival. I apologize the condition of the room was not in a rental able. The room should have been put on maintenance.

Due to your unfortunate experience at our hotel, I would be more than happy to send you a Gift Certificate for a Complimentary night’s stay in the future. Please contact me with your mailing address and I will mail it to you immediately.

I hope that you will consider using the Certificate, so that we can have another opportunity to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (707) 433-0300.

Aaron S. Krug
President and General Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dry Creek Inn

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Compared to other lodging in the area, guess this is considered a bargain. But it's not great for $130. While clean with very friendly and accommodating staff, the location is old. Sheets were nice, but extremely thin blanket forcing us to keep heater on all night during winter, which then created noise all night long. Breakfast was average, although avoid the scrambled eggs and stick with hard boiled, as the scrambled were very runny and inedible, possibly reconstituted egg? The shower head was decent, but the water temperature fluctuated throughout the shower, going from hot to scalding.

1  Thank viajeradelmundo53
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The rooms in the old building here are cheap motel quality. Even walking to the room was disappointing as there was trash and cigarette butts on the ground and on the stairs. The room was not updated. The furniture looked dirty b/c it is so old. Everything just looked tired and had that sweet, chemically smell common in older, un-remodeled rooms. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pearl333333
aaron9556, Owner at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Past Guest:

Thank you for completing taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

I have shared your concerns with the Maintenance Staff and I can assure you they are on top of the situation. There is no excuse for clutter or garbage in or around the hotel.

Aaron S. Krug
President and General Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dry Creek Inn

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We've stayed at this hotel numerous times. It's always been a good experience. The rooms are nice, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast is included in the room price and the variety is extensive. The food is prepared very well and there is always a staff member to assist if necessary. The entire hotel personnel is friendly, helpful, and very knowledgeable about the area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The Dry Creek Inn was very clean, had a wonderful front desk staff and overall great hotel. Fantastic breakfast! Very updated and comfortable hotel! I would definitely stay here again when in Healdsburg.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
Geyserville Inn
Geyserville Inn
#1 of 1 in Geyserville
Hotel Les Mars, Relais & Chateaux

Been to Best Western Dry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!