“Totally unexpected delight.”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Arnold, California
“Totally unexpected delight.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Arrived and greeted by friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommend upgrading to the Tuscan suite with Jacuzzi tub. What a BEAUTIFUL room and on suite. Balcony overlooking and overhearing the waterfall in the quad patio.
Breakfast was in their lovely dining area, with bacon/sausage, eggs, pancakes, waffles.
Lots of breakfast items to choose from and a lovely gentleman to greet you.
Easy access to hwy 101. Easy access by car, bike or walking to downtown as well. Lots of shopping options, galleries, restaurants, and music in the park. And bike rentals available.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs away from travelers pathways.l
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is a lovely property in a great location if you are in the Northern wine country. We booked on Orbitz and got a great rate but our experience was mixed. The room itself was large, had a fridge, nice sized TV, and huge bathroom. The wifi was a bit slow and the duvet on our beds was in a pretty bad state with clumps of down that looked and felt pretty gross (we just tossed them off and slept with just the sheet which was fine).

Unfortunately, the room we were given was also right next to the gym. The rooms are already a bit loud because the doors to the outside hallway are not well insulated but our room had a double whammy as it shared a wall with the gym. When someone decided to run the treadmill and blare music at 7am, we heard every step and note. To be fair, we did not contact the front desk when it happened since we were wide awake within minutes. I did mention it at checkout and they apologized and said that we should have called so they could have 'fixed' the problem - this confused me because I can't imagine that they would have kicked out the gym user as that would have just resulted in two unhappy guests. Perhaps if we had been planning to stay another night they would have moved us to another location in the hotel but, I imagine this is a recurring problem in room 105 and am surprised that they put guests there in the first place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank RMWINN
aarondci, Owner at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Trip Advisor past guest:

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Unfortunately, the location of our Fitness room at times does create some unwanted noise to our guest rooms. It is on the rare occasion that it is bad enough to disturb our other guests peaceful nights sleep. I am sorry this seems to be the case in your situation. Most certainty, we would have moved you to another room upon request, if you were staying additional nights at our hotel.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (707) 433-0300.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete your review. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and Best Western.

Aaron S. Krug
BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I like the facility that its close to the freeway and also the setting of the hotel is nice. Only 1 thing the A/C is not working properly other than that i will definitely come back to this hotel. Everything is accessible. Lots of restaurant nearby.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Soquel, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a Hotwire room which was only a little less than the AAA rate. The A/C and carpet were filthy (my son's white socks were black at the end of each day). My biggest complaint was that someone, most likely Housekeeping, put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door our last night so we came back to a dirty room. Maintenance brought up towels and took 2 out of 3 garbage cans, but he told me to line them with new bags then took off. I should also say that we did not have any of those "Do Not Disturb" signs in our room, only "Quiet, Please" like everyone else; that's why I believe that Housekeeping did it because they were short on time or whatever. Bathroom moldy, too. And, there are limited electrical outlets and those that are present the plugs fall out. Old gum all over outdoor corridors. Definitely one of the worse places I've stayed in my 49 years!! Will never stay here again, neither will family or friends. Save your money and stay in Windsor or Santa Rosa.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elisa T
aarondci, Manager at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Trip Advisor past guest:

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I am sorry your room was not cleaned on your final evening with us. I can assure you that no employee of our Housekeeping Department would have purposely placed a Do Not Disturb sign on your door. Our Housekeepers are not permitted to enter a guest room with this sign hanging on the door to ensure our guests privacy. Furthermore, at no time would any of my Housekeepers avoid cleaning a room, since they are paid on a per room basis in addition to their hourly wage.

The main issue of concern for me with respect to your comments was you had a room with a dirty carpet and potentially a bathtub that needed to be cleaned and re-grouted. Both of these conditions present in the room are unacceptable and will be addressed with both the Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer.

With respect to the condition of our hallways and corridors, we are definitely aware of this issue. Unfortunately, due extreme drought conditions in California, the City of Healdsburg has imposed a Stage1 water rationing program with steep fines on all residents and business. With this in mind, we are not allowed to power wash our hallways or corridors enabling us to properly deep clean these areas. We simple have to hand wash with a bucket when a spill occurs. Obviously, not the best of situations. But we are doing our best under to comply with the law under these severe conditions.

In closing, I am sorry these issues created an unpleasant experience for you. It is my hope you will try un again, so that we may offer you a superior guest experience.

Aaron Krug
President and General Manager
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our first night we were in the "Vintage" building - let me tell you, it sure IS "vintage" and not in a good way. Although the room was clean, it was old - the weather stripping was missing from the bottom of the door so light was streaming in - we were in a corner room (supposedly nice and quiet), where all the smokers gathered around the big ashtray to smoke and talk - loudly. I was NOT happy with this room at all. I asked if we could be moved to the other building, but there weren't any rooms available that day. On my way to and from the office I passed a group of guys smoking marijuana in the parking lot - nice, huh? I felt like I was in downtown Detroit instead of Healdsburg CA!

The next day was my birthday and it was the best gift ever when we got moved (after I called the front desk around 10am) to the other building - the "Tuscan" building - that is where YOU want to stay. This is the new, modern building with lovely rooms that have balconies overlooking the tranquil courtyard where you can sit by the outdoor fire place in the evening and relax with a nice glass of wine. Even the pool for this building is nicer - yes they have a designated pool for each building - weird, huh? It cost us $30 extra per night to be in the Tuscan building, but worth every penny. More comfortable bed, double sink vanity in the bathroom, whirlpool tub (didn't use it), gas fireplace in the room, security gates to get in the building and the lovely balcony. It is well worth the extra $$ to stay in the Tuscan building, so don't make the same mistake we did!

Great location for getting on and off 101 easily and great access to the wineries located in the Northern area of the valley. Only a 20 minute drive to Santa Rosa and about an hour from the Napa Valley area.

Room Tip: Make sure you are staying in the Tuscan building and NOT the Vintage building.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed in the newer Tuscany building, which had its own courtyard with a hot tub, but we didn't use this particular hot tub area so not sure how it rates. There were two other pool areas which were enjoyable, although the hot tub jets did not work in the pool area we used. There were no towels available by the pools, although more were quickly delivered when requested. The room was comfortable and clean - great pillows. Probably the biggest downfall to this particular hotel is that it is not located on the Healdsburg plaza, so can't just walk to the shops and restaurants, but the drive wasn't far. The breakfast was one of the better hotel breakfasts we had during our CA trip.

Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Problems began right after check in. We arrived after sundown, and it was so dark that we literally could not find the elevator. We finally stumbled upon the stairway. Thirty minutes latter, I went to get something in the car and it was so well lighted outside that I could have read a newspaper. A night manager who was on the ball would have reset the timer on the lights. The walls of this hotel are the thinnest I have ever encountered. We were on the second floor of a three story wing, and could hear noises from all the adjacent rooms. Unfortunately a family with small children decided to let them run around the room screaming/laughing/crying at 11 PM. My wife called the front desk at 11:30 to try to get some relief. The texture of the hallway is such that late arriving guests rolling their luggage to their room sound like a wagon train on the Oregon trail. This hotel is huge and although the breakfast room is large it is not large enough for the morning crowd. I would not stay at this hotel again if it were the only hotel in Healdsburg.

Room Tip: There are good rooms in other hotels down the road
2 Thank jakrogers
aarondci, Owner at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Past Guest:

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

I am sorry you had trouble finding your guest room and it seemed a bit dark in our hallways. Our entire hotel's lighting system is operating via a photo electric cell, which operates from dawn to dusk. It may appear from your comments a slight adjustment might be necessary to the photocell, I will certainty have our electrical contractor look at, in order to make sure the lights are turning on and off at the appropriate times.

With respect to the noise coming from the adjacent room, I am sorry you were unable to sleep and this made your stay with us unpleasant. We do have a policy in place to deal with these type of situations and always do our best to mitigate all noise issues, but sometimes these situations are out of our control.

Finally, you mentioned our breakfast room being overcrowded.The space is large and sufficient enough to serve all our guests, unless everyone arrives at once. I would agree the room can get a bit crowded during the peak hours on sold out evenings. However, we do provide ample outside dining with several bistro tables along with many regular dining tables surrounding our fire pit which operates during the breakfast hours. This seems to be quite popular with our other guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We know how valuable your time is and It is most appreciated. My hope is that you will consider staying with us again in the future, so that you can experience a more pleasant stay,

If I may be any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime at (707) 433-0300.

Aaron Krug
President and General Manager
Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
Geyserville Inn
#1 of 1 in Geyserville
Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country
Hotel Les Mars, Relais & Chateaux

Been to Best Western Dry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!