“Tired hotel in need of updates”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed 9 August 2014

While this hotel may have one of the most reasonable rates in Healdsburg, it's no bargain for the room. The rooms are just ok, nothing special. We stayed in a double queen room. The bathroom is very small with old fixtures and poor lighting. The beds were comfortable but the bedspreads were old and dated. The chair in our room was broken. There is a mini fridge and a big TV. Wifi is available but so slow it was painful. The complimentary hot breakfast has a decent selection. The location is handy, near the main road and a pretty easy walk in to town (about a 20 minute stroll). Even though the rooms weren't special, the management is great. They effectively quieted down a very loud party on one of our nights and offered a small discount for the inconvenience. We appreciated the thoughtfulness. I'm not sure if I would stay here again in Healdsburg unless they undergo renovations. There are places slightly more expensive but that could provide a better experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
aarondci, Owner at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Past guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with respect to your most recent stay at our hotel.

We are in the process on remodeling the rooms in our Casa Sienna building where your room was.This project will not be complete until May of 2015. These rooms will be look and feel totally different than they do today. It is my hope that you will consider staying with us again in order to see our newly updated rooms next summer. I am sure you will be pleased. We also would like to have another chance to provide you with a superior guest experience.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (707) 433-0300.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and Best Western.

Aaron Krug
President and General Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Arrived and greeted by friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommend upgrading to the Tuscan suite with Jacuzzi tub. What a BEAUTIFUL room and on suite. Balcony overlooking and overhearing the waterfall in the quad patio.
Breakfast was in their lovely dining area, with bacon/sausage, eggs, pancakes, waffles.
Lots of breakfast items to choose from and a lovely gentleman to greet you.
Easy access to hwy 101. Easy access by car, bike or walking to downtown as well. Lots of shopping options, galleries, restaurants, and music in the park. And bike rentals available.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs away from travelers pathways.l
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is a lovely property in a great location if you are in the Northern wine country. We booked on Orbitz and got a great rate but our experience was mixed. The room itself was large, had a fridge, nice sized TV, and huge bathroom. The wifi was a bit slow and the duvet on our beds was in a pretty bad state with clumps of down that looked and felt pretty gross (we just tossed them off and slept with just the sheet which was fine).

Unfortunately, the room we were given was also right next to the gym. The rooms are already a bit loud because the doors to the outside hallway are not well insulated but our room had a double whammy as it shared a wall with the gym. When someone decided to run the treadmill and blare music at 7am, we heard every step and note. To be fair, we did not contact the front desk when it happened since we were wide awake within minutes. I did mention it at checkout and they apologized and said that we should have called so they could have 'fixed' the problem - this confused me because I can't imagine that they would have kicked out the gym user as that would have just resulted in two unhappy guests. Perhaps if we had been planning to stay another night they would have moved us to another location in the hotel but, I imagine this is a recurring problem in room 105 and am surprised that they put guests there in the first place.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank RMWINN

Dear Trip Advisor past guest:

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Unfortunately, the location of our Fitness room at times does create some unwanted noise to our guest rooms. It is on the rare occasion that it is bad enough to disturb our other guests peaceful nights sleep. I am sorry this seems to be the case in your situation. Most certainty, we would have moved you to another room upon request, if you were staying additional nights at our hotel.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (707) 433-0300.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete your review. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and Best Western.

Aaron S. Krug
BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I like the facility that its close to the freeway and also the setting of the hotel is nice. Only 1 thing the A/C is not working properly other than that i will definitely come back to this hotel. Everything is accessible. Lots of restaurant nearby.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a Hotwire room which was only a little less than the AAA rate. The A/C and carpet were filthy (my son's white socks were black at the end of each day). My biggest complaint was that someone, most likely Housekeeping, put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door our last night so we came back to a dirty room. Maintenance brought up towels and took 2 out of 3 garbage cans, but he told me to line them with new bags then took off. I should also say that we did not have any of those "Do Not Disturb" signs in our room, only "Quiet, Please" like everyone else; that's why I believe that Housekeeping did it because they were short on time or whatever. Bathroom moldy, too. And, there are limited electrical outlets and those that are present the plugs fall out. Old gum all over outdoor corridors. Definitely one of the worse places I've stayed in my 49 years!! Will never stay here again, neither will family or friends. Save your money and stay in Windsor or Santa Rosa.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elisa T
aarondci, Manager at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Trip Advisor past guest:

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I am sorry your room was not cleaned on your final evening with us. I can assure you that no employee of our Housekeeping Department would have purposely placed a Do Not Disturb sign on your door. Our Housekeepers are not permitted to enter a guest room with this sign hanging on the door to ensure our guests privacy. Furthermore, at no time would any of my Housekeepers avoid cleaning a room, since they are paid on a per room basis in addition to their hourly wage.

The main issue of concern for me with respect to your comments was you had a room with a dirty carpet and potentially a bathtub that needed to be cleaned and re-grouted. Both of these conditions present in the room are unacceptable and will be addressed with both the Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer.

With respect to the condition of our hallways and corridors, we are definitely aware of this issue. Unfortunately, due extreme drought conditions in California, the City of Healdsburg has imposed a Stage1 water rationing program with steep fines on all residents and business. With this in mind, we are not allowed to power wash our hallways or corridors enabling us to properly deep clean these areas. We simple have to hand wash with a bucket when a spill occurs. Obviously, not the best of situations. But we are doing our best under to comply with the law under these severe conditions.

In closing, I am sorry these issues created an unpleasant experience for you. It is my hope you will try un again, so that we may offer you a superior guest experience.

Aaron Krug
President and General Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our first night we were in the "Vintage" building - let me tell you, it sure IS "vintage" and not in a good way. Although the room was clean, it was old - the weather stripping was missing from the bottom of the door so light was streaming in - we were in a corner room (supposedly nice and quiet), where all the smokers gathered around the big ashtray to smoke and talk - loudly. I was NOT happy with this room at all. I asked if we could be moved to the other building, but there weren't any rooms available that day. On my way to and from the office I passed a group of guys smoking marijuana in the parking lot - nice, huh? I felt like I was in downtown Detroit instead of Healdsburg CA!

The next day was my birthday and it was the best gift ever when we got moved (after I called the front desk around 10am) to the other building - the "Tuscan" building - that is where YOU want to stay. This is the new, modern building with lovely rooms that have balconies overlooking the tranquil courtyard where you can sit by the outdoor fire place in the evening and relax with a nice glass of wine. Even the pool for this building is nicer - yes they have a designated pool for each building - weird, huh? It cost us $30 extra per night to be in the Tuscan building, but worth every penny. More comfortable bed, double sink vanity in the bathroom, whirlpool tub (didn't use it), gas fireplace in the room, security gates to get in the building and the lovely balcony. It is well worth the extra $$ to stay in the Tuscan building, so don't make the same mistake we did!

Great location for getting on and off 101 easily and great access to the wineries located in the Northern area of the valley. Only a 20 minute drive to Santa Rosa and about an hour from the Napa Valley area.

Room Tip: Make sure you are staying in the Tuscan building and NOT the Vintage building.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed in the newer Tuscany building, which had its own courtyard with a hot tub, but we didn't use this particular hot tub area so not sure how it rates. There were two other pool areas which were enjoyable, although the hot tub jets did not work in the pool area we used. There were no towels available by the pools, although more were quickly delivered when requested. The room was comfortable and clean - great pillows. Probably the biggest downfall to this particular hotel is that it is not located on the Healdsburg plaza, so can't just walk to the shops and restaurants, but the drive wasn't far. The breakfast was one of the better hotel breakfasts we had during our CA trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
Fountaingrove Inn
Fountaingrove Inn
#5 of 25 in Santa Rosa
Hotel Les Mars, Relais & Chateaux

Been to Best Western Dry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!