“Not at all what I had been receiving at previousBest WESTERN hOTELS”

Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Bad lighting, poor personnel, overpriced, dirty carpets, ants, door cards did not work.Overpriced band not convenient to down town. VERY ISOLATED. Next to a club..Parking was crowed and not secure. Was told that it was the only hotel in the city. Not true. the carpets made my white socks filthy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
aarondci, Owner at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Past Guest:

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting or exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements or o ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

I regret you felt our hotel was not competitively priced. Over the past few years Sonoma County and Healdsburg have become very popular tourist destinations. Especially on weekends, Our prices due reflect this and our hotel is actually priced competitively, as compared to most of the other B and B's and other hotels in Healdsburg, that change prices starting from $400 to $900 on a weekend.

I am sorry your room had ants. As you are aware, California is under a drought emergency. We are doing our best to control the situation with our pest control service, who comes to our property on a weekly basis. However, do to the drought conditions the ants are looking for water and food to survive.

I am not sure why you said our hotel had a night club located on site. This is not true. There is no night club on our property. The nearest one is located in the downtown area.

The location of our hotel is one mile from downtown Healdsburg. We advertise this fact on all web sites including our own. We do not market or describe our location otherwise to our potential guests. Our rural location is why people come to Healdsburg. There is a restaurant, 2 gas stations, a deli, a supermarket, liquor store, and a strip mall either adjacent too or nearby our hotel. Even though we are not located in the trendy downtown area. In no way are we isolated from the rest of town.

Furthermore, our property is very safe, with very bright external parking lot lighting. Because of our rural location, there is little or no crime present. It is very safe here at our hotel. I regret your felt otherwise.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (707) 433-0300.

BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn

Write a ReviewReviews (2,087)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We have stayed in this hotel twice. The price is usually good for the area. It is about a mile from the square in Healdsburg. The best thing to know is to stay in the newer Tuscan building. The rooms are larger and have jacuzzi tubs, fireplaces and very comfy beds. It is worth the extra money. The breakfast is just okay. The staff is nice and helpful. There is a nice grocery store within walking distance and the hotel is close to the freeway.

Room Tip: Stay in the Tuscan building!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2014

After reading the reviews I was expecting a very upscale Best Western, while there is nothing wrong with the hotel, the location sits right next to the freeway. The room was clean but dark and had a recliner in a corner that just was out of place and in the way. The pillows were nice and the beds were fine. Breakfast was fair nothing to exciting and they really check to make sure you are staying there. If you don't want the high prices of Healburg this is a fine choice if you want a nicer location and hotel move on.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lszerlip
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Our room at the Best Western was crummy and I wish we had stayed elsewhere. We stayed two nights and the room wasn't bad enough that we had to search elsewhere but it was not great. There were ants on the floor in the bathroom. The shower head fell off while I was bathing and a shelf in the bathroom was falling off and didn't appear to be undergoing repairs. It was a busy weekend in Healdsburg and we wouldn't have had an easy time finding other accommodations anyway. It was not unbearable as we stayed both nights but I wish it had cost me less considering the product

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Nelse F

Dear Trip Advisor Past guest:

Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

I am sorry your room had ants. As you are aware, California is under a drought emergency. We are doing our best to control the situation with our pest control service , who comes to our property on a weekly basis. However, do to the drought conditions the ants are looking for water and food to survive.

Additionally, after reading your comments as to the condition of the guest room, I am very disturbed. This room should not have been rented in the condition you describe. I have shared your comments with both my Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer, in order for them to take immediate action in order to correct the deficiencies that existed in the guest room during your stay with us.

Due to the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel, I would be more than happy to offer you a Complimentary nights stay in one of our Villa Toscana rooms. If you contact me at the number below we can discuss how I can get a Gift Certificate to you. So, that you may take advantage of my offer.

I look forward to hearing back from you in this regard. Please call me at (707) 433-0300.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

For $99 I thought it was just fine. The rooms were large, fairly modern, and perfectly ok for a one night stay. Location was about 5 minute drive to downtown. Of course it would have been nicer to be right there in the center of town, but that comes with a hefty price tag. Two pool areas. Not sure what that was all about. We didn't make the time to experience either. Breakfast (hot and cold options) were ok. Not the best and not the worst. Fine value for money and may choose to stay again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

First let me say- the staff here were lovely. That's where the positivity ends...

The pictures make it look much better the reality.

The rooms are dark, dull, full of ants. The aircon is noisy and arctic!!

The "breakfast" room is something I imagine a post-apocalypse food bank to look like.

The swimming pool was in the middle of the parking area. Very strange.

This was my first and last visit to Healdsburg!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Trip Advisor Past Guest:

Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting or exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

I appreciate your kind comments with regards to my staff. We put them through several hours of Customer Service training. It is nice to see that it does pay off.

With respect to your comments, I regret you felt our hot breakfast was only good for those seeking a free meal at the local food bank. With all do respect, I would disagree with that statement. Our hotel does not own or operate a restaurant. However, we do provide our guests with a plentiful hot breakfast, which far exceeds both Best Western and AAA requirements. Most of our guests like and appreciate our breakfast. Especially, having the ability eat outside while surrounding our fire pit. If you were seeking a full and complete sit down breakfast, we do have a family style restaurant adjacent to the hotel that does provide that function for all three meals from 6am-12am daily.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your time is most appreciated.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We have stayed here on various trips to Healdsburg. When we saw a voucher for $99 for a tuscan room we purchased it. However, when we went to book it, they said they could not honor it even thou it had NOT expired. I talked with the reservation manager and he said they had issues with the voucher company and they not longer accepted them. Period the end. Take it up with them. Period the end. So just a warning to folks buying discounted vouchers for the inn.....you may be sleeping in the parking lot. Disappointed in their customer service.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MKtravelers19
aarondci, Owner at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Readers::

Thank you for taking the time read the above persons review.

This person writing the review was never a guest at our hotel. She is attempting to bad mouth our hotel over a financial arrangement made with a third party vendor.

Our hotel sold rooms at a discounted rate to a third party vendor named Viewpon. Who in turn resold our rooms to interested parties at a greater rate, in order to make a profit. All financial terms made by the purchasers are with Viewpon and not our hotel. This is very similar to offers being made by other companies like Expedia, Hotels.com, Bookings.com, Groupon, Living Social, Travelzoo, ect.

Unfortunately, Viewpon did not honor there contract with the hotel and we were never paid. Therefore, we are unable to accept Viewpon vouchers that they sold to their consumers.

It was suggested several times to the person writing the review that they needed to contact Viewpon for a full refund in this regard, as their financial relationship is with them and not our hotel. We did not collect any money from the person writing the review. So, we are unable to further assist her any further at our level.

We too are extremely disappointed with these events However, until we are paid in full for rooms we sold to Viewpon. We are unable to accept any of the vouchers they sold to their customers.

This is an unfortunate situation whereas there are no winners.

Once the matter is resolved with Viewpon, we will be more than happy to start taking these vouchers again and accommodate all their customers who purchased vouchers from them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to read our hotel's response.

Aaron Krug
Best Western Dry Creek Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
The Duchamp Healdsburg
The Duchamp Healdsburg
#7 of 9 in Healdsburg

Been to Best Western Dry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!