“Fine for $58”

Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I'm sorry...but I can't help but laugh at folks paid $200+ to stay here, I mean its TRAVELODGE!

FORTUNATELY, I only paid $58/night for two nights during President's Day weekend. Room 207...mostly clean, fridge was loud so I unplugged it, TP was soft enough, heater worked well, DirectTV had awesome Bollywood music video channels, and the bed was comfy(if you like firmer beds like me).

UNFORTUNATELY, this place bad, but not god awful. Expedia reviewers gave this place 3.7 Stars. I should've cross referenced with Yelp and TripAdvisor...what was I thinking? The walls are thin and the hallways echo in your room. The first night I must have been exhausted and slept like rock, but the second night I awoke to this annoying ticking/clicking sound coming from the wall, I had no idea where it was coming from. Took me awhile to fall back to ZZzzzz... :(

The first floor does smell like curry at night, I'm guessing from the owners/staff cooking up some tasty dinner. So ask for the 2nd or 3rd floor if this bothers you. I barely had any conversation with the staff on checking in and out, but they seemed nice.

For $58/night I'm satisfied overall...but I couldn't imagine paying much more than that! Men, if you're trying take her out to a "Romantic" weekend getaway, this is NOT the hotel for that sort of thing.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We booked this for a weekend in August due to lack of availability next door at Best Western. The price was outrageous and then we found black hairs and bug feces under the mattress pad and under the pillows near the headboards. We had two rooms and the second room was no better. We paid over $500 for the two rooms. We showed the hotel owners/managers, a married couple that were there together, and basically blew us off, told us it was no big deal, we could look at another room or leave. Really poor attitude, defensive and lack of concern.......moral of the story, ALWAYS check under the mattress and at the headboard area behind pillows first!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank suznews1
Reviewed 18 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

We made reservations here about a year ago, for a wedding we were attending. The room was small, but clean, with fridge, microwave, and safe. No complaints at all, except for the price. The TA website states $84 + up; we paid ~$150. Is it because we booked ahead?

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank suz55tbird
Reviewed 3 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Just not a particularly nice location or nice property, as compared to the Healdsburg area in general. Not a particularly good value, but certainly much less expensive than the boutique hotels in town

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Stayed here on a business trip. Checked in about 6pm so the quiet side of the motel was full. The street side was quiet anyway after 8pm. I hate road noise and I wasn't bothered. Staff was nice. Told me I could walk to the Indian resturant and a couple others one block over and it was a pleasant walk. Nice area. The True Value Hardware Store is big, had special bush bean seeds from Italy with I bought. Always looking for something new for the garden, especially edible items. Only thing I didn't like was the breakfast room didn't open till 7am and I neede to be gone by 6:30 so I made coffee in the room. Never enough creamer in the coffee kits.

Room Tip: Rooms away from street are better, limited parking for large vehicles, but you can park on the stree...