“Fit the bill”

Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This was our 3rd Annual trip to Healdsburg after Thanksgiving for wine tasting and enjoying this beautiful area away for the city. I choose this hotel because of the location and not the amenities since we are only there to sleep and not stay in the room. Beds were OK and the pillows should be replaced. Very flat and uncomfortable. Strange room layout for the bathroom tub shower and toilet. Little more than a water closet. The sink was outside this room and if you were standing at the sink you would be hit by the door from the WC. Nice thick bathroom towels but a bit small. Very little choices for hotels in Healdsburg. Either over $400 a night or $140 for this type of hotel. Nice greeting from the front desk. Very friendly and cheerful. Thanks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country

Reviewed 7 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Made last minute reservations at this hotel and found it overpriced for what it offered but as it turns out it was the most affordable for our quick overnighter. Staff was courteous and knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast was typical fair for this type of facility. One standout at breakfast was the self serve espresso machine which made fine cappuccinos and mochas. Counter space in room by sink area was tight. Heating and A/C unit was ultra modern, efficient, and quiet. Bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor to avoid headlights beaming into your room.
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights recently, while touring the wine country. The room was very comfortable. there was a table with 2 chairs and a desk with another chair. Fridge in room was a plus for our snacks and white wines. They had a nice complimentary breakfast room in the mornings. Room had modern quiet a/c heating unit. All this for $79/nt. It was the best deal of our 10 day trip.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We wanted to stay in Healdsburg to do cycling and the Best Western was fully booked, so we booked the Travelodge. It was overpriced for what was presented. Staff were friendly and pleasant. Room was adequate, not so spacious, but relatively clean. Sink separate from toilet which is always nice. Had a hard time getting water into coffee machine as extension cord was too short. Breakfast was very lame. They could have done better. Apples and oranges appreciated. WiFi worked and desk and office chair good for working. A/c worked but was directly overhead of bed so blew right on you as you slept which I didn't like. Other hotel guests were noisy and bumping the walls. Bed was good. Stairways narrow and grimy. Hotel ok but don't know if I'd stay here again, unless desperate for room in Healdsburg!

Room Tip: Hotel close to freeway but room on second floor ok for road noise. Room bright enough and adequate s...
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I'm sorry...but I can't help but laugh at folks paid $200+ to stay here, I mean its TRAVELODGE!

FORTUNATELY, I only paid $58/night for two nights during President's Day weekend. Room 207...mostly clean, fridge was loud so I unplugged it, TP was soft enough, heater worked well, DirectTV had awesome Bollywood music video channels, and the bed was comfy(if you like firmer beds like me).

UNFORTUNATELY, this place bad, but not god awful. Expedia reviewers gave this place 3.7 Stars. I should've cross referenced with Yelp and TripAdvisor...what was I thinking? The walls are thin and the hallways echo in your room. The first night I must have been exhausted and slept like rock, but the second night I awoke to this annoying ticking/clicking sound coming from the wall, I had no idea where it was coming from. Took me awhile to fall back to ZZzzzz... :(

The first floor does smell like curry at night, I'm guessing from the owners/staff cooking up some tasty dinner. So ask for the 2nd or 3rd floor if this bothers you. I barely had any conversation with the staff on checking in and out, but they seemed nice.

For $58/night I'm satisfied overall...but I couldn't imagine paying much more than that! Men, if you're trying take her out to a "Romantic" weekend getaway, this is NOT the hotel for that sort of thing.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We booked this for a weekend in August due to lack of availability next door at Best Western. The price was outrageous and then we found black hairs and bug feces under the mattress pad and under the pillows near the headboards. We had two rooms and the second room was no better. We paid over $500 for the two rooms. We showed the hotel owners/managers, a married couple that were there together, and basically blew us off, told us it was no big deal, we could look at another room or leave. Really poor attitude, defensive and lack of concern.......moral of the story, ALWAYS check under the mattress and at the headboard area behind pillows first!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank suznews1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Best Western Dry Creek Inn
#1 of 1 in Geyserville
Hotel Healdsburg
Hotel Healdsburg
#4 of 9 in Healdsburg

Been to Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!