“Clean, average, local was nice.”

Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed 4 November 2009

I didn't expect this hotel to serve as a wine-country oasis. My group needed a place to stay for two days while attending a marathon in Healdsburg. Its right off of the free-way and close to downtown shops and food.

The rooms were on the smaller side but were clean and updated. I stayed on the second floor and have no complaints about noise, smells, etc. If you're planning on staying in your hotel all day then go ahead and pay the $400 average cost of a typical wine country hotel. If you just need a place to crash perhaps try this location.

Don't get excited about the breakfast either. Do yourself a favor and go out for breakfast. Theres great food in Healdsburg that you'll have money to splurge on since you'll save money booking this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 May 2009

Very clean and excellent service. Great value for the money.
Breakfast room is small but met our needs perfectly. The owner and his family are very nice people and were very helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 days there.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2008

I booked a room through the Travelodge.com website, which clearly states that there are NO FEES to cancel or modify a reservation. Just 15 minutes later I found a better option and tried to cancel my reservation. They refused to cancel and told me that in order to cancel I had to do so THREE MONTHS before I even booked it!!! They didn't care about the misrepresentation on their web page and refused to refund my money even though it was literally less than an hour after the booking. Whatever you do, DO NOT give your money or credit card number to this shady operation.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank fosterdj
Reviewed 5 October 2008

Makes a reasonable alternative to the expensive Best Western next door. Our room looked like it had been refurbished, so it may be worth asking to change if you get a room like some of those described in other reviews. Good sized room with free internet, fridge and coffee maker. The breakfast was very basic - ceral bars and juice, but for a low price not bad.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2008

Attended a reunion in Healdsburg, and this Travelodge had the only two rooms in town--one for my aged parents and one for me and my spouse. the exterior had a nice enough appearance, but the counter in the office was knocked together from raw plywoods. Price was 109 per room per night (a deal since we took two rooms!). All the linens were very worn (they were clean, although I'm not sure about the spreads, also worn). Wall coverings were torn here and there, and temporarily (permanently?) fastened with tacks and scotch tape (I am not kidding--they easily could have used ANY glue, but apparently did not care). A handrail was pulled from the bathroom wall on one end, and just shoved back in place with the screws hanging there (no threads left in the wall--I tried to re-attach with my multi-tool). Chairs and tables were damaged and scarred. Carpets were worn and dirty. I'll stop now by saying this could have been a comedy movie, especially when I got ZERO response from Travelodge upon filling out one of their comment cards and mailing to corporate offices. I will not stay in ANY Travelodge again, if this is how Travelodge wants to represent itself. I am a logger, not used to being pampered, and not hard to please. But this was so absurd as to be comical. I welcome anybody to contact me.

• Stayed: September 2004, travelled with family
2  Thank lemoc
Reviewed 18 May 2008

I just showed up on May 16, 2008, after a motorcycle ride on a very hot day. I first tried the BW next door who wanted $249/night! I don't usually stay at Travelodges but for $109, it was the amount I wanted to spend in Healdsburg. The innkeeper was pleasant and helpful. The room was small but clean and decently appointed. There is free wireless internet. There was - get this - a safe in the room. There was a hose outside so I could clean my bike. There was a coffee maker, and the minimalist continental breakfast was sufficient for a starter. I was expecting very little but ended up being happy I stayed here. It's nothing fancy, but for the relative price in this area, I'd readily recommend it.

BTW, you must try The Palette Art Cafe at 235 Healdsburg Avenue - wonderful experience and fabulous tapas-type food there.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2007

Well, let me start by saying the staff were very friendly. Not terribly helpful, but friendly.

The room we stayed in looked as if it had been recently updated, but the whole structural design of the building is weird.

Our room had a King size bed and several other peices of furniture which left virtually no room for putting a suitcase down and walking around. If my husband was up and getting things from his suitcase, I had to be on the bed. Really small!

The air conditioner was on the wall over one side of the bed. It blew directly on your head, so you would be freezing cold one moment and hot as soon as you turned it off. The room never seemed to stay cool. (In fairness, it we were all suffering through a record breaking heat wave that week)

The bathroom was a boxy room that had no ventilation at all. To keep it cool you had to keep the bathroom door propped open, which prevented the main door from opening and also blocked your passage to the "closet" area. Poor design by the architect.

Coffee and cereal are provided on the main floor....but again weird design. You have to enter the sauna room (hot!) and go into another boxy room which I think was supposed to be a supply closet for the sauna. They tried to brighten it up and make it cheery, but it's a boxed in room outside of a sauna, so be prepared to sweat. Also, if there are more than four people getting coffee....it's very crowded. Luckily, there is a little sitting area outside in the parking lot where you can take your coffee. In the parking lot.

The staff would help get milk or cereal etc....but you had to find them first. To find someone you had to go to the main office. Getting to the main office required exiting the building and going around to the front and entering again. OK, I'll stop talking about the bad design. But c'mon, don't they teach this in architect shcool?

Lastly, the management/staff seemed to live on the property. They cooked curry all day long. I like a nice curry dish as much as the next person.....but please open a window or light a candle. Suffocating smells in the main hallway were the final straw for me.

In short....not my favorite place. Healdsburg is a cute town to visit, but I don't recommend the Travel Lodge.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarySLakeland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
Geyserville Inn
Geyserville Inn
#1 of 1 in Geyserville

Been to Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!