“Clean, close to town and quiet”

Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Staff was efficient and polite. Our room was nicely appointed with equipment (fridge, micro, coffeemaker,breakfast table etc) for comfortable stay. Fairly close to town and within walking distance to gourmet grocery and coffee shop. About six blocks from downtown Healdsburg with its specialty shops, restaurants and concerts in the town square! Great value on weeknight.
Liked best: room
Liked least: spa is tiny, no elevator

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 May 2010

I tried to cancel a reservation for a refund and the manager was extremely rude and unhelpful. I was out almost $1000 with no room to stay in. This is ridiculous.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2009

I didn't expect this hotel to serve as a wine-country oasis. My group needed a place to stay for two days while attending a marathon in Healdsburg. Its right off of the free-way and close to downtown shops and food.

The rooms were on the smaller side but were clean and updated. I stayed on the second floor and have no complaints about noise, smells, etc. If you're planning on staying in your hotel all day then go ahead and pay the $400 average cost of a typical wine country hotel. If you just need a place to crash perhaps try this location.

Don't get excited about the breakfast either. Do yourself a favor and go out for breakfast. Theres great food in Healdsburg that you'll have money to splurge on since you'll save money booking this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Very clean and excellent service. Great value for the money.
Breakfast room is small but met our needs perfectly. The owner and his family are very nice people and were very helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 days there.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2008

I booked a room through the Travelodge.com website, which clearly states that there are NO FEES to cancel or modify a reservation. Just 15 minutes later I found a better option and tried to cancel my reservation. They refused to cancel and told me that in order to cancel I had to do so THREE MONTHS before I even booked it!!! They didn't care about the misrepresentation on their web page and refused to refund my money even though it was literally less than an hour after the booking. Whatever you do, DO NOT give your money or credit card number to this shady operation.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank fosterdj
Reviewed 5 October 2008

Makes a reasonable alternative to the expensive Best Western next door. Our room looked like it had been refurbished, so it may be worth asking to change if you get a room like some of those described in other reviews. Good sized room with free internet, fridge and coffee maker. The breakfast was very basic - ceral bars and juice, but for a low price not bad.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 19 July 2008

Attended a reunion in Healdsburg, and this Travelodge had the only two rooms in town--one for my aged parents and one for me and my spouse. the exterior had a nice enough appearance, but the counter in the office was knocked together from raw plywoods. Price was 109 per room per night (a deal since we took two rooms!). All the linens were very worn (they were clean, although I'm not sure about the spreads, also worn). Wall coverings were torn here and there, and temporarily (permanently?) fastened with tacks and scotch tape (I am not kidding--they easily could have used ANY glue, but apparently did not care). A handrail was pulled from the bathroom wall on one end, and just shoved back in place with the screws hanging there (no threads left in the wall--I tried to re-attach with my multi-tool). Chairs and tables were damaged and scarred. Carpets were worn and dirty. I'll stop now by saying this could have been a comedy movie, especially when I got ZERO response from Travelodge upon filling out one of their comment cards and mailing to corporate offices. I will not stay in ANY Travelodge again, if this is how Travelodge wants to represent itself. I am a logger, not used to being pampered, and not hard to please. But this was so absurd as to be comical. I welcome anybody to contact me.

• Stayed: September 2004, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank lemoc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Geyserville Inn
Geyserville Inn
#1 of 1 in Geyserville
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort

Been to Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!