“How to change reservations here without a fee...”

Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Dublin, California
“How to change reservations here without a fee...”
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I have not yet stayed in this place, but I did look into staying there and learned how to book a flexible room reservation, to avoid several of the complaints I see here.

Upon getting a rate quote and hearing the words "non-refundable," I told them to forget it, because my plans were never so solid I could afford to bet on them. At that point, he explained:
"To avoid that, you can book a room at a higher refundable rate, then cancel that booking a day before your trip and replace it with a non-refundable rate the day before you go."

It's not entirely a happy thing that this guy didn't provide this info until I was ready to walk, but there aren't a lot of cheap places to stay in this town. If you need to stay there, at least this way seems to provide a way to avoid some of the complaints on this board. (There are a few things worse than paying money for a place you never stayed at but not many, for cheap SOBs like myself.)

Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Youphemism

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Las Vegas
Reviewed 25 January 2011

When the need arose for me to stay for in Healdsburg for a couple of days I went on line. Notwithstanding the harsh reviews, I chose to stay at the Travelodge because it was the cheapest. I could not have been more pleased. The staff was extremely courteous and accommodating. The room was clean and bright. The air conditioning/heating controls were easy to use. The room had a safe, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, a large tv and free wireless internet. Lots of bright lights. Down the hall there was a hot tub. The continental breakfast was first rate. Coffee, tea, danish pastry, mini-muffins, orange juice, apple juice and dry cereal. Only caveat: if you have a problem with stairs, be sure to ask for a room on the ground level. As to the critical reviews, they don't sound like the same hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
somwhere in the southwest
Reviewed 16 December 2010

the rooms are clean, and whatnot,-the rates are a lil on the high side, but its convenient to the highway & the town./w that said, the desk clerk is remarakble rude.I asked for a late checkout, and was rather brusquely informed that if I checked out so much as minute late, (i.e 11; 01 am), that my CC would be charged an extra day (andm, oh, btw, NO REFUNDS!).given that the room was around $80 bucks to begin with, this sort of left a bad taste in my mouth.also, the (not very much of a breakfast) room has to be accessed via the spa room? this strikes me as potentially dangerous for older people and children, not to mention a bit unssanitary.--its a pity, too, becuase is really IS a property with a LOT of potential.were it not for the rude desk clerk, I *might* recommend it. with that said, I am of the mind that being in the hotel loyalty club, SHOULD get one the occasional late checkout.--truthfully, the more I deal with wyndham properties, the more I appreciate my choice privileges platinum account.

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank legendaryrob

Travellers are raving about these Healdsburg hotels

San Rafael, California
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Hotel management is EXTREMELY DISINTERESTED in the quality of the guests stay. If you have a complaint they will be VERY unsympathetic to the GUESTS concerns and then INVALIDATE them. Making a formal complaint to the Wyndham Customer Care Center is UNPRODUCTIVE and their Supervisor's STANDARD of customer service is as EQUALLY LOW as the HEALDSBURG TRAVELLODGE!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank NotMeAgain1
Seattle
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We stayed here for two nights after I booked online a few months ahead of time. It was a Friday and Saturday night in early October which apparently is a busy time in wine country. We couldn't find anyplace else in Healdsburg that was affordable so went with the Travelodge - which, although it was the least expensive, at $170 per night it definitely wasn't cheap. When we booked, we requested a quiet room away from roads, elevators, ice machines, etc. since we are light sleepers. When we arrived, they had us booked in an upstairs room which they said was the quietest. Unfortunately, they don't have elevators OR luggage carts. Since we had been on the road for a few weeks not only did we have two large suitcases but we also had many cases of wine. Carrying it all up the stairs was not something we could do very easily so we requested a first floor room instead. They did accomodate the request (and I give them credit for this as well as putting us in the type of room we had originally requested). But unfortunately we ended up on the busy street with a room across from the noisy spa and right underneath the loud stairwell. The room itself smelled so badly from a moldy A/C that I could hardly stand it. We had to open the windows even though it was extremely noisy on the road. The room was quite small and in bad need of updating, although I did appreciate the refrigerator, coffee maker, and free wireless internet. The shower and bed were both adequate, but not good. Not only would I not stay here again but it angers me to think how much that room cost! We've stayed in alot of rooms and that was about a $89 one....

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SeattleWinelover
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Our room though small, was very clean and nicely furnished. The TV was large. The bed was firm and comfortable. The towels were really fluffy and soft. The amenities were extra special. We had a good size table for eating and a larger than usual for hotels refrigerator. We will certainly return. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Staff was efficient and polite. Our room was nicely appointed with equipment (fridge, micro, coffeemaker,breakfast table etc) for comfortable stay. Fairly close to town and within walking distance to gourmet grocery and coffee shop. About six blocks from downtown Healdsburg with its specialty shops, restaurants and concerts in the town square! Great value on weeknight.
Liked best: room
Liked least: spa is tiny, no elevator

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Hotel Healdsburg
Hotel Healdsburg
#2 of 9 in Healdsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country

Been to Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!