St. Ann Ranch Country Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Trochu
See available hotels
Badlands Motel(Drumheller)
Bluebird Motel(Innisfail)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The location of the inn is most stunning at this time of year-June. The historical home is comfortable however, I support the comments of the earlier reviewer, CarlvonL... if you are expecting to cook up a substantial farm style breka you will be MOST disappointed. The host, Holly is very pleasant when around the homestead which is when it is time to check out. Breakfast was an apology. Provisions were meagre and past their prime. Even my 3-year old granddaughter commented her muffin was dry and put it down as she left the table. (On arrival we found the kitchen trash receptacle was 2/3's full and by day three was over flowing.) When I expressed my disappointment to the host she explained that her feeling was traveller-paddlers do not desire a substantial breakfast and that they are not really a B & B but an Inn. Well, why are the highway signs and travel publications advertising a B & B I exclaimed and she agreed they should be changed. But in the case of folks who participate in the sedentary pastime of quilting bees held at the ranch, toast and coffee maybe quite sufficient. I suggest when taking a booking the host ask their guest(s) their breakfast preference. The dividends will abound.

M M Edmonton

Room Tip: Overall cleaniness good but ensuite bedroom did not receive any cleaning during our 3-day stay and kitchen trash was allowed to build up.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Murray C
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I have been coming to St. Ann Ranch every year, and sometimes twice a year, since the B&B first opened. I make my reservations a yr. in advance to be sure I get my room, 108. Tom and Holly are ideally suited to being host/hostess, warm and friendly. Trochu has a beautiful arboretum which is unique and well worth a visit. A museum and excellent 9 hole golf course add to the pleasure of guests. I appreciate having the use of a large kitchen where I am able to prepare what ever I wish. I feel safe and welcome here. Terrific shoe store in Trochu!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ConnieLethbridge
Reviewed 4 January 2011

I visited the Ranch for a weekend with friends and had a wonderful time. The house itself is amazing with a very traditional history sort of cozy feel. Each room had its own bathroom and was decorated to suit the character of the home. We enjoyed a walk into town and the wonderful fragance of the wood burning fireplace. Tom and Holly, the owners were fabulous and made you feel like you were part of the house. Since they live directly behind the home, they are steps away but give you your space. It was worth the visited!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank blk11
Reviewed 21 August 2010

This might be a great place to stay, depending on your expectations. The property is well-maintained and attractive, and a lot of time and effort has been invested in decor. The building is the early 20th century home of a wealthy ranch family, much remaining authentic, despite subsequent renovations. The grounds include several old buildings, including a 1905 log cabin, and many artifacts. If you're a history buff, and not into the sort of interaction with your host that a bed and breakfast usually entails, it might be just your ticket.

On the other hand if you expect your host to prepare a nice breakfast or to socialize in any way, forget it. You'll find some boxed cereal, coffee, flavored yoghurt, bread for toast, day-old pastry from the grocery, and if you're lucky enough butter, skim milk---maybe even some juice, with which to prepare your own breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CarlvonL
Reviewed 24 June 2007

We went to the Ranch, which is actually a part of Trochu a century ago, which
has been moved to accomodate the new railroad.

It's historical and the entrance is free (You can leave 1 dollar or two in the
little can near the entrance, for maintenance).

It's small, but instructive, quiet and a very nice place to be.

Next to the Ranch, we saw an enclosure with llamas, which made our visit there
even better.

To get there, when in Trochu, drive east through the town for 3kms. After crossing the railroad tracks, look for the "St. Ann Ranch" sign and turn right.

Go there to visit and relax for about an hour.

2  Thank Steff68