“Ticked all the boxes”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Hermosa Beach
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

They had the free 3s for me;
Free breakfast, parking and wifi. If you want a fancy 4 star stay this is not the place for you, having said that, this is what we got. A shopping center with Ralph's 50 feet away. Just across PCH we ate at chipotle and pick up sticks and walked right back to the hotel. Breakfast was pretty good, srambled eggs, sausage, pastries, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, bananas and apples. They have a small workout out area which we used a couple times. We used the guest laundry after the beach. The are room is large and comfortable, sheets and towels are soft. The spa was huge and relaxing. a bonus, you can see the ocean from the workout room. The staff nice and friendly. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Melindaclare1
Management H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Melindaclare1,
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for your wonderful feedback. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to the team and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
All my best,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Like previous reviews have stated, this is not a fancy place, but if you are travelling on a budget it is a great option in this area - all of the important things (good service, clean, comfortable beds) are taken care of. Our room was very clean and the bed was excellent, beach view from the balcony, good tv, decent wireless and a fridge. The breakfast had everything you need (eggs, sausages, toast, bagels, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juice, tea, milk, coffee, hot chocolate). The walk from the hotel to the beach is nice and goes by lots of cute shops and some excellent restaurants (the crepe place has fantastic breakfasts and we had a great dinner at the Hook and Plow). We were very happy with this hotel - definitely would plan to stay here again if I come back in Hermosa Beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Management H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

RedDeer85,
Thank you for taking the time to provide much appreciated feedback regarding your recent visit. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to take advantage of our wonderful location. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Let's be clear - I am giving four stars for this hotel in relation to other budget hotels in its price range, not in comparison to a much more upscale hotel. It's a Quality Inn, not an Omni. But for what it is and where it is, I would recommend it.
First of all, the location is great. It's a 15 to 20 minute walk to the beach, and except for crossing the Pacific Coast Highway, a pleasant walk. Downtown Hermosa Beach is fun and has plenty to offer in the way of shops and restaurants. There's a grocery store and a Starbucks next door to the hotel and a CVS down the street. My room was on the street side and had some street noise in the morning, but not as much as if it had faced Pacific Coast Highway. From the tiny balcony there was even an ocean view.
The room was generic budget though pretty clean with the exception of some patches in the bathroom. TV worked fine and offered HBO, Internet was slow but not useless. Plenty of free parking (something to appreciate in LA, trust me). The cleaning people I encountered were very pleasant and friendly.
Some small irritants. The listing promised bathrobes; there were not any in the room and when I asked I was told new ones were on order and the old ones weren't around any more. No apology. The last day of cleaning, there was no new coffee left and on a couple of days the coffee maker was not cleaned. No place to easily plug in the coffee maker either. Noise in the hallways early in the morning did tend to leach into the room. Free breakfast lacked much in the way of fruit and the hot offerings were limited. Breakast room is wayyyy too small and crammed.
But really - these were not big problems and I would return. Sometimes the pocketbook is one's chief concern.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank daisygirl59
Management H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Daisygirl59,
On behalf of the entire team, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your much valued feedback. I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy our wonderful location and that our team members provided you with friendly service. We strive to give our guests the most enjoyable experience while visiting and I thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. We look forward to seeing you next time, and if I can be of any assistance in helping with a future reservation, please don’t hesitate to call me directly at 310-374-2666.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Good sized rooms, clean comfy bed and lovely large whirl pool bath in room. Stayed here for just one night after having a disappointing stay in a motel in Palm Springs. This place was good. Location is fine, just off Pacific Coast Highway, so not too much traffic noise but plenty to see and do. Easy walk to Hermosa Beach, with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby to chose from. Friendly staff, free parking and free wifi, both always a bonus! I would definitely consider using this hotel again when in LA

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Leanda61
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The staff welcomed us warmly and provided a lot of tips that were absolutely right on. The room was clean, the parking is free, The breakfast was ok. Actually the hotel was as expected. These hotel are not too expensive and worth the price you pay. The staff is making the difference and at that one, they did. It is pet friendly, so I would avoid if you don't like to have a dog neighbor like we had (he was quiet though).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Genny_Johnny
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Check in was done by Norina on a late Sunday night!

I am also a choice hotels employee and great customer service must be praised when noticed, this is something that I appreciate myself. Ms. Norina was amicable and ready to serve! She answered all of my questions with a smile. The room was standard, clean and comfy with a balcony. Breakfast & wifi also included!!<-------------PLUS!!

Do stay here if your in the area!

Cheers!
Kenya J. from Ventura CA

Room Tip: No beach views but grocery store next door for added convenience
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Management H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear ComfortInnVentura,
Thank you very much for your compliments of the service you received from Norina and the rest of the team! We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit, and we hope to see you again soon.
Most Sincerely,

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Loacted in a nice area with well lit parking and close to a lot of the necessities of life on the road. This particular hotel over-delivers for it's brand. Many Quality Inn & Suites are not as nice as this one. Make no mistake, it is not a 4 or 5 star facility but it does provide a large clean room with a comfortable bed. The work space is good, wifi worked fine and the small balcony out front was interesting. An update will be needed sooner than later but there are no problems in it's current state. The breakfast area was a pleasant surprise and the outdoor seating gave me 5 minutes to relax in near perfect sunrise weather. The staff I encountered were pleasant and professional.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
#6 of 7 in Hermosa Beach
The Redondo Beach Hotel
The Redondo Beach Hotel
#2 of 19 in Redondo Beach

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!