Hampton Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach
Hotel Hermosa(Hermosa Beach)
  • Pool
Grandview Inn(Hermosa Beach)
View Hotel
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach(Hermosa Beach)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Hi View Inn & Suites(Manhattan Beach)
Seaside Motel(Redondo Beach)
  • Pool
Crimson Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewssun deckgreat locationgrocery storeroom was cleanpacific coast highwaywithin walking distancebusy streetfree breakfastgreat place to stayminute walkoatmealone night stayrestaurants and barsfew blockspleasant stayfree parkingwould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Pros: Very friendly staff, excellent complimentary breakfast, good parking availability, generous room size, (with queen size beds); most comfortable hotel beds and a super 4th floor sun deck. Although, we had a private balcony, we preferred the sun deck.
Cons: It is somewhat of a trek to the pier/beach if you are walking it, not to mention, it is all up hill on the way back to the hotel. We just incorporated into our exercise routine!
Also, the hotel is situated on a very, busy street so one is aware of street noise when one is outdoors. I did not hear it when in our front-facing room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2011

The property was great. We had no complaints at all, except that the parking lot was small (but parking is free). This is a good property for Hampton Inn. It is about 1/2 to the beach and pier. There are shops and restaurants there. Our 3rd floor balcony had a view of the Pacific, but not the sand. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Great hotel at one of the most beautiful beaches in southern California. Very quick & easy walk to the beach, pier, dining, & shopping area. The hotel is immaculately maintained inside & out. The room was spacious and clean and the beds were very comfortable. There's a microwave & fridge in the room and CVS & Von's (grocery store) across the street are very convenient if you forget (or just want) something. Our room had a nice balcony, but the view was of a concrete wall next door. No big deal though, because we didn't spend much time in the room other than to shower and sleep. On the 4th floor, there is a sky deck with tables & chairs where you can sit and enjoy the view/air from the roof. Wanted to have breakfast or drinks out there, but never had a chance. The only annoyance was the ridiculously small parking lot and parking spaces. We had a compact car and you still had to be a contortionist to get in & out of spaces when there were more than a few cars in the parking lot. Overall though, fantastic hotel and location and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Margarita223
Reviewed 13 June 2011

To be fair, I only stayed here a night & didn't partake in the free breakfast or other hotel amenities. The room itself ended up being great, but I was initially a little befuddled when, after arriving at the front desk @ 8 PM on a week night after a harried drive through traffic, the person at the front desk barely said 'boo'. No "Welcome to our hotel!" or "where you coming in from today?" At the time of my arrival I was the only one at the front desk and the employee continued to do whatever he was doing for a few seconds without acknowledging my presence as I was standing there (I ended up saying "hello" after a few seconds longer than I would reasonably expect to be greeted.). Once I got in the room, I was pleasantly surprised -- I had already e-checked in online earlier (room 311) & chose a room with a balcony, but based on other reviews I wasn't sure if my balcony's view would be a brick wall or otherwise. Luckily, I had a balcony with a view of the ocean. The place seemed clean and smelled fresh, even if the general furnishings were somewhat outdated. That evening a local friend of mine met me in the hotel lobby & we asked the same front desk person about a few of the area restaurants we saw near by, hoping he could help s make decision where to eat. We were told that he had not eaten at any of them and did not know of anyone who had. Really? You work at the front desk & don't know/haven't heard a drop about any of the area restaurants? I know that I can't expect a 5 star concierge at the a Hampton Inn and Suites but I was expecting a little more willingness to be helpful. I know everyone can have a bad day. so maybe this guy was having one of his. In any event, the hotel is located in a great area and one can walk to area restaurants & attractions. Beware - Parking at this hotel is a little tight; and due to the hotel's unique layout, you may have a far walk to the front desk to your room.

Room Tip: Room 311 was great. Balcony, ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I am disgusted with the service at this hotel. The hotel clerk was nothing but rude to an elderly couple and kicked them out of their room earlier than their check out time. As long as that clerk is working there, I suggest don't waste the money for horrible service.

• Stayed: April 2011