“Our favorite breakfast spot in HB”

Martha's 22nd Street Grill
Ranked #3 of 153 Restaurants in Hermosa Beach
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We love Martha’s. Bike ride. Walk. Or drive. We tell the kids we are going to Martha’s and everyone is happy. We have been going for over two decades. But also went this morning.

Indoor. Outdoor Great service

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Excellent food delivered by friendly helpful staff in fantastic location. What could be better! Try the bloody Mary’s with your pancakes...heaven.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Great location (right next to beach), amazing food and super friendly staff. This is my second of what will likely be many visits!

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Would it be for the accommodating waiters I would rate it high. A cafe that does not belong to a chain is always uplifting. Does not win any style points for its design, however, the prices match my exclusive hotel in Redondo Beach.Then you can demand that the main course is hot

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Short story: great breakfast, excellent service, kicked back place.

Longer story: as the sun rose, so did our appetites, and the larder wasn’t looking like it could deliver what we wanted. To the streets we headed, and walked the strand until we came to 22nd, and noticed the green awnings like the hoods of accountants hiding reactions to taxes. Intrigued, we walked in and took a table in the shade. Lolly came and served up coffee and juice in a flash. I started wrestling with the menu while my daughters settled quickly on French toast, oatmeal, and a smoothie.

This menu meant business, and confronted me with an array of benedicts that was truly intimidating. After a few seconds I was able to limit the options to the Hermosa or the California. I finally settled on the vegetarian California, which was excellent, and impressive in both size and flavor. The kids were equally pleased, as Martha’s French toast was the best of my picky daughter’s four location survey.

Come hungry, this place delivers. Thanks!!!

Date of visit: April 2018