“Nice location”
Review of Cafe Bonaparte

Cafe Bonaparte
Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in Hermosa Beach
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I was cycling back from Manhattan Beach Pier and stopped by for a coffee and pastry. Hoping I would be able to drink a nice hot cappuccino with a pastry. The cappuccino was disappointing with half of the cup froth and the other half was watery. The spinach pastry was average, however, I bought a blueberry cheese pastry to go, and it was delicious and fresh. It was a very nice location right near the Strand.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stopped by for coffee and a pastry and soon realized this is a "locals" spot! We were hoping to find it to be fabulous but discovered the pastries were just average. The location was great though and it was an enjoyable time.

Reviewed 19 July 2010

Get your morning coffee and pastry, then sit with the locals on the Pier. Great break after walking the pier or the Strand.

Reviewed 17 March 2009

They have the best oatmeal and also wonderful eggs. The pastries look great, but I never get them. However, everyone else sure does! This place is right in front of the Hermose Beach Pier with all the other restaurants. You go up and order your items right at the counter and then seat yourself. This area is a fun place to be in the morning because everyone stops by with their dogs to get a coffee and some pastry. However, we love the oatmeal!

Reviewed 28 January 2008

I live in Hermosa Beach, and I go to the Cafe Bonaparte almost every morning. The coffee is as good as the atmosphere. It's so nice to sit outside and relax with a book or just people watch.

Their food is great, with egg sandwiches of all sorts, and their fresh fruit pastries remind me of Nice, France, where my mothers family lives.

When friends from out of town come to visit, I always include a breakfast or lunch at the Bonaparte, and they love it.

The people who work there are cordial, friendly and efficient, and just make me feel more at home. I highly recommend a visit if you're in the Hermosa Beach area.