“Coffee with the locals every day! Love the dogs!”
Review of Cafe Bonaparte

Cafe Bonaparte
Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in Hermosa Beach
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Get your morning coffee and pastry, then sit with the locals on the Pier. Great break after walking the pier or the Strand.

Reviewed 17 March 2009

They have the best oatmeal and also wonderful eggs. The pastries look great, but I never get them. However, everyone else sure does! This place is right in front of the Hermose Beach Pier with all the other restaurants. You go up and order your items right at the counter and then seat yourself. This area is a fun place to be in the morning because everyone stops by with their dogs to get a coffee and some pastry. However, we love the oatmeal!

Reviewed 28 January 2008

I live in Hermosa Beach, and I go to the Cafe Bonaparte almost every morning. The coffee is as good as the atmosphere. It's so nice to sit outside and relax with a book or just people watch.

Their food is great, with egg sandwiches of all sorts, and their fresh fruit pastries remind me of Nice, France, where my mothers family lives.

When friends from out of town come to visit, I always include a breakfast or lunch at the Bonaparte, and they love it.

The people who work there are cordial, friendly and efficient, and just make me feel more at home. I highly recommend a visit if you're in the Hermosa Beach area.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 January 2008

I love their salads, pastries and especially the breakfast croissant sandwiches.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 15 September 2007

My wife and I are south bay locals, and we go to Bonaparte's almost every Sunday. It's right on the walk section of Pier Avenue, so you're about as close to the beach as you can get. We usually go for morning coffee and pastry. They have great strong lattes, and their croissants are the next best thing to being in France. Their lunch is good too- iced lattes and panini sandwiches. We especially like it because they are not licensed to sell alcohol (normally not a plus) so their outdoor eating area is not fenced. This means we can sit with our two rescue dogs. Indeed, most weekend mornings you will see a lot of people with their dogs. Bon appetit!