“Disappointed”

Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hermosa Beach
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The property and position on Hermosa beach are fantastic. I was very disappointed with the service and the attitude of some of the staff. Firstly at check in where the lady was very abrupt and seemed not to have any customer care skills.
Also the lack of a bar or proper on site food options was again a negative. Finally the option at breakfast for a basic DIY continental breakfast was a surprise as you would expect full service options when you are paying top dollar for the stay. Also the valet parking is quite punchy. I would look for other options next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The beach and ocean are gorgeous! And the location of the Beach House is perfect; plenty of restaurants and shops you can easily walk to. Beach bike rentals too! The pier is right by the hotel.

I stayed in an oceanfront suite and while the view was very nice I didn't feel comfortable leaving my patio door open at night; the boardwalk is literally right outside the door. I was on the first floor. I did sit out on the balcony a couple of times. It was nice and honestly the people walking/biking/roller blading by were super friendly but there were a lot of ants on the patio so I didn't stay out there.

I highly recommend the Beach House for its great location. Also it was very clean inside and the accommodations inside the rooms are great. I do not recommend staying on the first floor. If you do have to stay on the first floor try to steer clear of the rooms just outside the lobby. There is a LOT of noise from the lobby (even the front desk workers can be heard inside your room). I used a white noise generator on my iPad to drown it all out and that did the trick but it could really be bothersome if you have no way to obscure the racket. There is another building too ... And there are NO ocean views (or any view) from those rooms so be careful about where your room is located if an ocean view is important to you.

Again, I would totally stay here again and do recommend it; just be sure you know what you are getting ;)

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front room; avoid first floor especially first floor close to the lobby.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Excellent hotel and location was great. The ocean front room/suite was excellent. The location of the hotel is right on the beach. The balcony was one of the best parts of the room. We would definitely come back to this hotel in the futue.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Very pleased with our stay at the Beach House Hermosa! Our daughter brought a friend and we all shared one room. There was plenty of space and the layout did allow for privacy for both my husband and I and the girls. We stayed in an ocean front room which was well worth it. The continental breakfast, although basic, offers baked goods and fresh whole fruit daily and runs until 11 am which is perfect for two sleepy teenagers. The hotel also provides beach chairs (on a first come first served basis) and beach towels to its guests, which was a pleasant surprise since I had not seen that mentioned in any previous reviews. We were able to get chairs every day and we were not early risers...with the exception of Easter morning. The local Catholic Church had a sunrise Mass on the beach right in front of the hotel that was beautiful. Restaurants, shops, bike and skate rentals are close by. We had a lot of fun biking to Venice Beach (although we didn't realize it was 12 miles each way!) We would definitely return to the Beach House!

Room Tip: Beach front was important to us so we paid more. We were on the third floor (requested upper level...
1  Thank Cathy M
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Just like the our last several trips to this wonderful hotel, a great time was had by all. I truly wish we could stay longer. Can't wait for a return visit. Hermosa beach is a great place to stay, play and relax....and The Beach House makes it all the better.

Room Tip: Go for the beach front view, you'll not be sorry.
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The Beach House is right on Hermosa Beach. With the weather being chilly, the ocean front room was worth the extra money. We were able to sit on the balcony and watch the volley ball players, hear the ocean waves and see sail boats and birds. The fireplace was a nice touch. The room was spacious and included a microwave, small refrigerator and a stove top with a tea kettle. We didn't hear other guests through the walls, even when there were some college kids having a party next door that could be heard from the balcony. We were on the top floor which provided the best view. Room 314 has a shaded balcony. The balconies on either side were not shaded. The room where the continental breakfast is provided is small and often crowded. A toaster and bowls of fruit were placed on some of the guest tables. Patio seating is available when weather permits and trays are provided so that guests can take food to their room. The room wasn't ready by the 3pm check-in time but the valet brought our bags to the room when it was available.It is a very easy walk to good restaurants and the Pier. We would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Beach towels are available at the front desk & the valet has beach chairs. Get an ocean front ro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Took me sooo long to write this review because I still can't get over it, loved it so much in January that I went back for 4 more great days in February an can't wait to get back. First I stayed in a Oceanfront Fab Suite then a Oceanview Suite and either way, It just doesn't get any better than BHH

• Stayed: January 2014
#2 of 19 in Redondo Beach
#1 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach

Been to Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach? Share your experiences!