“Location, Location, Location”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hermosa Beach
Los Gatos, California
“Location, Location, Location”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Booked this hotel for an extended weekend get-away for myself and my teenage daughters. The location is amazing! It's right on The Strand, about 1 block off of Pier street that has many of restaurants, bars, and shopping. Rooms are lovely, beds are comfy (even the sofa bed), and there was a mini kitchen in the room, complete with dishes and silverware. If you are interested in spending time at the beach, the hotel has everything you need...shuffles and buckets, beach towels, sand chairs, and boogie boards. There are two bike rental places within eye-shot of the hotel, too. Finding draw-backs is difficult, but I stopped short of giving it a "5" rating due to a couple of things: (1) service was good, but not great for the price point, and (2) rooms are noisy due to location (not much the hotel can do about that).

Room Tip: You will want an ocean view room. We had one on the North side of the main building. There was a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
California, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a great beach getaway, this is the place for you. Great beach location and close to some of the best restaurants in the South Bay. Leave your beach towels and beach chairs at home: the Beach House has you "covered". Loved the fact that we had many dining options within steps of the hotel. The rooms are spacious and beautifully furnished. The front desk/valet staff are courteous and professional. Your stay includes very nice continental breakfast daily. Definitely worth the splurge!!

• Stayed July 2014
Bedford, NH
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The staff and service were ideal at this beautiful location right on the beach. Our room was gorgeous and very comfortable. We weren't there long enough to use all the features, but did love the free beach chair and towel usage as well as the free breakfast.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The staff at the Beach House in Redondo Beach were absolutely amazing. The front desk young ladies treated me with the upmost professionalism combined with a genuine welcoming attitude. Having encountered an unpleasant change in my original plans of staying only one night, the front desk manager graciously offered me a room and even upgraded me to an Ocean Front view. He did not have to do this as my reservation was only for one night. Handing me a kleenex to help with my emotions, he offered a heartwarming welcome as well. Every time I came downstairs or passed the front desk, the staff greeted me by name and asked how things were going.
The rooms were spacious and perfectly laid out with a living area, small kitchen area, really nice and bath and shower areas, and of course, a beautiful, breathtaking view.
The valet attendants were courteous and friendly. The breakfast served daily had my favorite granola, fresh fruits, cereals, along with delicious pastries.
A real winner!

Room Tip: Reserve early! Loved the suites.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This review is for hosting an event at The Beach House - I did not stay there...

We held a company meeting followed by a bbq, utilizing the services of the hotel from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our meetings were held in a back building in a room on the first floor. The space was open and tastefully decorated. The staff was incredibly helpful with any request we had. At about 1:30 we headed to the building on the Strand for our bbq where the food was great and the bartenders were friendly, and you can't beat the location on the beach. The prime location on the Strand allowed us to run back and forth between our hotel space & the beach. Parking wasn't unreasonable for $20 for the day.

I want to give a special shout out to Ted who I believe worked with the catering department and worked hard to make us happy... setting up an additional table when requested, adjusting the temperature & even finding an umbrella for the beach for one of our employees who was there with her infant son. Thank you Ted!

Overall, I would highly recommend holding an event here - the staff was wonderful, the food was good & the location was amazing!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CA, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just a terrific hotel and staff. Right on the beach, close to the Pier and a lot of really good restaurants. The staff was very friendly. My family is already planning to go back to Hermosa Beach and they all want to stay at the Beach House.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are laid out the same, it's like your own apartment with all the amenities you...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Marje B, General Manager at Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Christopher and Family -- thanks so much for your recent stay at the Beach House and we are happy you enjoyed our hotel and Hermosa Beach. I let our staff know your comments and again, thank you. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back any time.
Best regards,
Colts Neck, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Been 5 years ago - loved our stay. This time, not so much. Price was high, but wanted to return. Love the location, and the room met our family's needs. Have to say, the per night rate VERY EXPENSIVE this time around…not worth it at all.

2 major issues:

1) Toilet. Had to be plunged & even snaked - every day. Not to be gross, but nothing excessive that anyone "did" or flushed. One maintenance man said that it was a problem - not just in our room - due to low flow toilets.

2) Didn't say anything at the time, b/c I wanted the poor young guy to have a meal - but while hotel staff walked out of free continental bkfst area, homeless guy helped himself. Again, glad he ate, but not something we expected. Maybe put left over food out - so the homeless/hungry in area can eat, and won't wonder in & mingle with paying guests?

Won't be back. Needs updating, plumbing issues addressed, and major price adjustment to re-consider.

Mentioned these comments while checking out…didn't seem to get even an eyebrow raise. Just a monotone "sorry" Not, "thanks, will def share with Mrg" Bad business.

Room Tip: Free wifi password changes monthly. Had to call down on 7/1 & ask why not working. Told me to...
1 Thank Janet S
Dear Janet: thank you for your recent return visit to the Beach House Hotel in Hermosa Beach, and for your comments. We apologize for the inconveniences you incurred during your stay and I am sorry our staff did not resolve the issues in a more favorable manner for you. We work hard to make each guest comfortable and handle all requests and I do apologize for the problems you encountered. We hope you will give us another chance and return. I have looked into the items you described to make sure this does not happen again. Again, thank you for your comments and if I can help you in the future, please feel free to contact me directly to assist you. thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermosa Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach
Grandview Inn
Grandview Inn
#6 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach? Share your experiences!