“Irritated”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Hesperia
Castle
“Irritated”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This Courtyard does not live up to the standards we have come to expect from Marriott. We do a lot of traveling and stay exclusively at Marriott hotels, especially Courtyard. When we arrived, the TV did not work at all - no signal. We called the front desk and the person at the desk said she would be up shortly to fix it. When she arrived she said the problem was undoubtedly that a cord needed to be plugged in. After she played with the cords for awhile, she said that didn't seem to help so she was going to call the cable company. She then returned to our room and said the cable company told her what to do. She tried again but still no success. We asked if we could switch to a different room. Her answer was "No, we don't have anymore of this room type available." My husband said okay we would take a smaller room. Her answer was " No, we are sold out. We don't want to lose the income on the room for the night. ". She then proceeded to "make another phone call to the cable company ". We were then told that the cable company had no one working who could access the equipment until Monday. So no
TV for the night.
While the lady was in the room, we commented on the loud noises coming from the floor above us which sounded like someone jumping up and down. She said "it's just people walking on the stairs ". Never mind we were in the middle of the building... The noise went on until 2 AM so not a lot of sleep for us.
We then discovered that the thermostat control for the AC did not work. The only way to work it was on the unit itself. That's helpful.
The pillows on the bed are so flat that the only way to sleep comfortably is to stack several of them together. If you don't get them adjusted well, you wake up with a stiff neck.
Finally, there was mildew in the bathroom where the edge of the tub meets the floor. Not good - especially for people with allergies like us.
The room rate was lowered by $20 to "compensate" us. We were told by the desk at checkout that if we had any further comments beside the TV issue, we should send an email to the manager. She handed us a card.

• Stayed June 2014
General_Manager760, General Manager at Courtyard Victorville Hesperia, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank You for Taking Time to Write this Issue. We will look into this Matter. And We do Apologies on the Inconvience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This place does not live upto any of the Marriott standards. Past 2 years we have been mostly living outside home and we have always and always stayed at a Marriott, be it Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn, SpringHill suites, TownPlace suites, Cosmopolitain and also Courtyard. And never has the experience been so bad as it was at this place.

We stopped here on our way to Las Vegas since it was late and we were tired after a busy day at work. We mostly stopped here to get some sleep to recharge for Vegas.

To start with, this place is so noisy. You can hear people walking, talking, laughing. The most annoying were people right about our room, We checked in at 10.30 that night and since then the whole night we could hear all sorts of noise coming in from their room, there were probably too many people also. They were so restless the whole time up untill 3am when I finally had to give a ultimatum.

Second some crazy group of people just walked into the hotel and went about banging on random room doors and playing prank mid night at 1.30AM. I still don't understand how they made it into the hotel.

So after all this we probably slept at 3AM and guess what this is such a noisy place and so badly insulated that all the early morning people started waking up we could hear people getting ready, walk around right outside our room, slamming doors of their room etc. SO finally a night spent without sleep, the only reason we stopped here.

We woke up next morning and after getting ready I went down for breakfast while my husband was still getting ready, one of the ladies there was nice and sweet to me. I went down at around 9.50 and told her my husband would be a little late for breakfast and she was kind of nice, understood we had a bad night and offered to serve us breakfast at 10.30 even though they close at 10. I was still ok to pick something up before 10 but she offered to serve me at 10.30 so I decided to come back once and for all with my husband after checking out. She seems to be new to the place, she was herself trying to understand things, but atleast she was nice and was willing to learn and would ask the other lady there things she did not know who probably seemed to be the lady in charge of the kitchen. This boss lady was EXTREMELY rude, she lacked all basic mannerisms. All we ordered was Bagel and a coffee. She left the coffee in one place, bagel in another place on her breakfast bar shelf, She did not even serve it at our table or told us it was ready for us to pick up. I had seen for a long time that for the others their breakfast was served at their table, and I also waited for mine. We saw the Bagel lying in one place and since no one else went and claimed it for a long time we finally went and asked if it was ours, and guess what it was indeed our order. So ok now that unclaimed coffee also should belong to us, which it did and by then hot coffee had turned cold. This lady needs to learn what Service is all over again and decide if she in anyway fits this place. I started observing her after that, she cared least about other people having breakfast there, all she cared about was to finish her work. She did not wait for people to leave the table before she could start cleaning it up. I saw a family sitting adjacent to out table and a man from there went to pick something up while his family is still using the table she just dragged his chair out and put it in a different table which probably is part of her cleaning the place.

All in all it did not serve any purpose, we did not get the rest we stopped there for and we were badly insulted at breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shilpa K
General_Manager760, General Manager at Courtyard Victorville Hesperia, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for Taking time to Write this Review, And we do apologies to this inconvenience, And Give us some time to look into this matter. And we will do corrective action.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stopped over in Hesperia, California on my way to Los Angeles. My wife and I are Marriott Rewards members, so I decided to stay at the courtyard. The front desk staff appeared to be distracted most of the time, but were friendly.

When I went to turn over the bed covers, I noticed a dirty tissue under a pillow. I inspected the rest of the bed and it appeared to be clean. I did report this disgusting discovery to the front desk and I was assured that the incident would be reported to the manager.

The hotel was average, overall. Their restaurant is no more that a sandwich stand offering breakfast items, salads and sandwiches. I think next time I will suck up the drive and continue to Los Angeles.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
General_Manager760, General Manager at Courtyard Victorville Hesperia, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank You for Choosing Courtyard by Marriott Hesperia,CA. I appologies on the inconvience due to the Room cleanliness . We appreciate your feeback and we will do corrective action towards it.
Please give us one more chance to give you better service.
California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were just here for a night when in the area on business and chose the Courtyard by Marriott as we knew it would be very pleasant and reasonable. This did not disappoint. Comfortable beds, clean and roomy quarters, and no complaints. It is located close to every fast food place known, and close to shopping centers if you are interested. For a good night's sleep, it was just fine. We've always found Courtyards quite acceptable, when looking for a night's stop over.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Crestline, California
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is not my first rodeo at this hotel. I must say, I probably would not have given this place a second thought, everything else in the surrounding area was booked. There prices have gone up just a bit. Understandable, once I saw my room. They have done a total renovation of the rooms. Much needed, Impressive. They do have a restaurant on site. I chose to go out. They are a bit pricey. Next time I am here, I will definately consider the Courtyard Marriott. Good Job.

Room Tip: Third or fourth floor facing pool , lounge.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ScenicSu4U
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here after a reception. Banquet hall is nice and not bad for a small hall. Was very nicly decorated
Room is also very comfortable. Its near a highway but you do not hear any of the cars. Washroom also very nicly equipped.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Irvine, California
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had a soccer tournament out in Apple Valley and since there's really nothing out in Apple Valley, or nothing desirable to stay out there, we've decided to stay here. The whole team stayed and and I think everyone were pretty happy with the hotel. It's a hotel to sleep in so nothing fancy but rooms were quite bigger than normal hotel rooms, was clean, quiet and had a small indoor pool so the kids were able to enjoy the pool since we went during cold weather. The hotel is right off the freeway so easy access in and out.The hotel had a cafe at the lobby and they serve starbucks coffee. They also serve breakfast off their menu and pastries as well. Also have restaurants close by, about 5-7 minute drive by Victorville Mall and tons of fast food around. So if you're looking for a quick stay, I'd recommend this hotel. Also next door is another hotel which are all suites and I've heard that that's a good one to stay at too.. (I believe it might be Comfot Suites).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hesperia
Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville
Comfort Suites Victorville
Comfort Suites Victorville
#3 of 19 in Victorville

Been to Courtyard Victorville Hesperia? Share your experiences!