“Bring Earplugs”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hesperia
Portland, Oregon
“Bring Earplugs”
Reviewed 16 March 2008

This hotel has incredibly thin walls. When I first checked in and closed the door to my room, I could hear someone else's television so clearly that I could tell which show they were watching. I called the front desk and asked if I could be moved to another room, and the front desk person happily complied. Everything seemed fine until I woke up at midnight to the sound of small children running up and down the hallway and slamming a door shut over and over again in the room next to mine. I called the front desk to complain, and again the staff was polite and apologetic. They apparently called the people next door (I heard their phone ring through the wall), and things were quiet again until their TV woke me up at 7:00 in the morning.

I agree with other reviewers that the room was clean, the linen fresh and the beds comfortable, but clearly corners were cut when this hotel was built. Aside from the paper-thin walls, there are no ventilation fans in the bathroom, and each queen "suite" I saw was merely a longer room with a couch tucked in between the beds and the bathroom. If you stay here, don't bother to upgrade from the queen room to the queen suite, bring earplugs so you can stay asleep at night, and visit the breakfast with low expectations. There is an IHOP and an In N' Out nearby if you want something more tasty.

• Liked — This is a strange thing to comment about, but their hand lotion smells lovely. I still have a tube of it in my purse.
  • Disliked — The noise.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank MataKari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Mississippi
Reviewed 16 December 2007

I spent five days here and it was great. The room was nice and large. Very clean and everything worked great. The wired Internet was much faster and better than the wireless at other hotels.
The only downside was breakfast.

The eggs were either cardboard or rubber...not sure which. One day that bacon was served it was prepared five pieces at a time for a room full of people. There must have been something "special" about that bacon.

After trying the breakfast for two days, it was worth the effort to go across the street to IHOP and pay $8.00.

I don't think the breakfast problems are all this Holiday Inn. The entire Express line of hotels needs to understand that we would like some VARIETY in foods.

But I am more interested in the bed and the room than the "free" food, so I would come back.

I would give the hotel five stars and the breakfast zero stars.

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank Stop_At_Red_Lights
England
Reviewed 7 November 2007

Easy drive from LA to Hesperia we had just flown in and were very tired. Had a room with 2 Queen beds which was very clean and comfortable.
Had a great rest and a nice bagel and coffee in the morning. (The pool was enjoyed by my husband and daughter and we walked to a nearby fast food place for a snack which was good).
The young lady at check-in was both efficient and friendly. I appreciated her offering us the choice of floors and chose the highest. It was nice and quiet.
Overall an excellent choice to stay.

• Liked — Clean rooms, nice staff.
  • Disliked — The towels in the pool area are as thin as paper.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank RLShirley
DENVER
Reviewed 27 July 2007

WOW - this is the 2nd Holiday Inn Express that I've stayed in and everything was fantastic. The room, hospitality, service, breakfast, pool, hot tub, staff, wireless in lobby, wired DSL in rooms, business center in lobby, and ummmm, everything about this place was awesome! Wish every stay in a hotel was this fantastic. There were so many towels in the bathroom, I had no clue if one of them actually went on the floor. Everything was clean, everyday!

• Liked — !!!Everything!!!
  • Disliked — Can you believe it? Nothing!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank MarioTheGreat
Waynesburg
Reviewed 5 April 2007

I have stayed here several times for business and it's one of my favorites. New hotel, extremely clean and very friendly staff.

Never got to use the pool personally but the area looked very nice and clean.

Only downsides...parking is limited, it seems like they have just enough space for their guests. Also when the hotel is full, as it often is, the internet is really bogged down.

That being said, I would not hesitate for one second to book my reservation here. It is by far the nicest place around, and I would put it near the top of all the Holiday Inn Express locations.

• Liked — Cleanliness, location
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed April 2005, travelled on business
San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed 29 December 2006

My wife and I stayed for three nights in a standard room with a king sized bed. The room was large, quiet, spotlessly clean, and comfortable. The entire facility is no smoking, which I applaud. In fact, when people check in, they are informed that there will be a $250 fine if there is smoking in the room. My only slightly negative comment is that I would like to see more low/nonfat options for breakfast. In addition to the skim milk, lowfat yoghurt, toast, cereal etc. that they do offer, I would urge them to offer nonfat cream cheese, heart-smart margarine, and non-hydrogenated peanut butter. Their signature breakfast special is a cinnamon role that almost drips butter. They also offer some other high-fat selections such as cheese-filled omelets. I would encourage the motel to add to their healthful offerings by including a fruit salad and perhaps eliminating some of the deadly stuff. However, my overall iimpression was very positive, and we would happily stay here again.

• Liked — clean, comfortable, quiet, no-smoking
  • Disliked — some breakfast options were too high in fat
  • Tips/Secrets — I have always made good hotel selections when I have considerd Trip Advisor comments.
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 11 December 2006

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for work numerous times and keep coming back. Our first trip was great - clean rooms, nice breakfast and courteous staff. We decided to come back to the Holiday Inn Express this past Jan for a longer work trip (30 days!). The staff treated us like family!!! Dollie (front desk lady) would greet us by name with a big smile everyday. Even the cleaning and maintenance staff made it a point to learn our names. It was overall an excellent place to stay when on business for long time.

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hesperia
Courtyard Victorville Hesperia
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville
Motel 6 Hesperia
Motel 6 Hesperia
#8 of 9 in Hesperia

Been to Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia? Share your experiences!