“Helpful to be Restful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Hesperia
Orange, CA
“Helpful to be Restful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

We booked this hotel as it was the nicest one close to our hiking trip at Mount Baldy. We were able to check in early with no problem to our jacuzzi suite room and were excited by how nice the room was. After our first night in our room we noticed a strange ringing sound that would not stop. We spoke to the manager on duty and she jumped on the problem right away. She came to our room, confirmed she heard it too and said she would begin working on locating the problem. When staff were unable to determine where the sound was coming from she promptly moved us to another jacuzzi suite. We felt taken care of and valued by her attention to our issue. The rooms were clean and comfortable and we really enjoyed our time there.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the generator located outside the wall facing the highway are quieter. We figured ou...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

The staff was friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. Right off I15 but a couple turns away so freeway noise not a problem. Nice continental breakfast not real extensive but enough to get you comfortably back on the road out stay of the day. Nice experience

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed three nights in this hotel while visiting local family, attracted by the good reviews. While I have no disaster stories to tell, I was disappointed by several aspects. Check-in from 1pm was advertised, but when I tried to check in at 2 I was told to come back later (time unspecified) as the cleaner had only just started on my floor. (She didn't do her job well - I found someone else's black sock on the floor beside my bed.) The hotel looks a bit tired, with stained carpets and worn bathroom fixtures. There is only one thin cotton blanket and a very thin polyester bedspread to cover you at night. Luckily there were two beds in my room and I could 'borrow' the other blanket, but the amount provided is not sufficient for chilly desert nights. The breakfast was much inferior to other budget type hotels I've stayed in. Tepid sausage patties and a circle of some sort of pre-formed egg mixture that looked as if it had been steamed don't make the grade. The only decaf coffee available was a tube of low-grade instant. Everything on offer was highly processed and over sweetened - don't look here for healthy options. The only fresh fruit offering was a Red Delicious apple or an under- ripe banana. I wouldn't stay here again, and I don't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank salviapatens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Booked this hotel online with a 20% discount on best published rate and got it at $76 for two queen room. When we arrived they advertised rooms on the Marquis for $79.99 a little different than the published price of $95 for a Saturday night stay. That being said, there is not a lot of choice of high-end hotels in the area and decided to give this location and brand a try. We specifically asked for a room away from the interstate-using good feed back from previous trip advisor guests and we pleased with the low noise. We were put on the third floor(top floor) and were not disturbed by any noises. The beds were clean as was the bathroom. There was a little mildew forming in the cracks of the caulking in the shower, but nothing to be horrified of yet. The front attendant was cordial and lived up to the hype of being very good at her job(Susan). The pool was cold and is not heated were it sits on the northside of the building, so we lost out at wearing down our kids before bedtime. The spa is heated, but not big enough for two young kids to splash and play. Not a big deal, but would've been nice to know the pool is seasonal. After a good night's sleep we were ready to get breakfast. The hot breakfast was good with the familiar waffles, sausage, eggs, toast, cold cereal and milk, fruit, coffee, etc. It was good enough for my kids to eat, which they rarely willingly eat a good breakfast. Checkout was easy. I would stay here again, just need to verify pricing before going...Probably should phone the front desk for the night's best rate.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Ridgecrest, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

A pleasant overnight stay with professional staff and a clean room. I stay here often as a place to stay before getting to my final destination. I will continue to return to this motel often. A positive recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

While not impeccably clean, a tiny bit of mold or lack of vacuuming against the wall edges was easy to ignore given the attention to guest satisfaction. When I went to bed the first (of three) nights, the lightweight bedding was keeping me from comfort thus sleep. A call to the front desk found the eager-to-please hostess/night manager running a comforter up to my room.

Only downside was an $8. per day city tax that I hadn't anticipated. Everything else was above par. Would recommend the stay, central location, and given highway noise would suggest leaving the AC/other on and the use of earplugs.

Room Tip: 308 allowed me to watch my car, overlooked the pool and evening light was nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I loved this spot, I felt safe the entire time. Everyone was extremely nice, considerate and thoughtful who worked there. I would recommend this as a great stop over/rendezvous spot for anyone, single women especially due to the interior hallways and single entrance, easy on/off to the freeway and well lit parking lot that is very dog friendly. it's ideal if your driving to Vegas and need to stop or meeting up with a friend on a nearby base. Thank you, I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hesperia
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville
Courtyard Victorville Hesperia
Comfort Suites Victorville
Comfort Suites Victorville
#3 of 19 in Victorville

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Hesperia Victorville? Share your experiences!