“Comfy beds, nice staff and good am breakfast!”

SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Hesperia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This meet all the needs we were looking for. I was very impressed with their beds. I'm a Marriott Platinum member and sleep at Marriott's across the country but this is the best bed I've ever slept in. I didn't want to get up in the morning.

The breakfast was good, the staff was friendly and the area was safe and appealing.

You can't go wrong here!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank thescoop01
SpringHill Suit... H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for your continued loyalty to marriott as a platinum member I understand how much traveling you do. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Springhill Suites in Hesperia,Ca. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor it helps other travelers when they are in the area decide where they would like to stay.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Spring Hill Suites by Marriott was very nice. I had to book to be in the same place as my sister because of a birthday party and I rode with her from out of town. I was pleasantly surprised how nice the room was. Great for a couple with lots of room in the bedroom and bathroom. The sitting suite had a nice two person couch and a nice sitting chair also another chair with a desk to write or be on your laptop. The only bad part was being on the bottom floor. I think the people above me took showers at all times of the day and night even at 4:30 in the am. The next night someone at 3:30 am must of fallen out of bed with a big thud. This is something that the hotel can not control. My sister was on the third floor and did not have any problems. They said next time request ahead of time to get rooms by each other which I will. I will call an request the third floor. The view is better but the east side is quiet but homeless people over the fence made me nervous because I was by myself without my husband. Next year will book at the place request the third floor and have my husband with me and I will be happy. Breakfast was good. Very well done. Only once it was busy and we went to my room down the hall, very close and just ate in the room. If you wanted seconds there was more than enough food. Thank you for my nice stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise. I stayed on 1st floor so this tip is from my sister. I will use it my...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
SpringHill Suit... H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback it helps other travelers when in the area. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am very sorry for the noise you experienced during your stay. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

It's very obvious that this hotel needs a remodel. I understand it was to have started this month but has been postponed due to higher than normal booking for January. Anyway, housekeeping does a good job; just that somethings appear to be well-worn and a bit shaggy. Our room had a horizontal tear in the sitting room curtain. Plus the carpet between the two rooms has a big snag in it.

The parking lot had it's difficulties, too. There's plenty of shared parking for both Springhill and the Courtyard. However, during the work week someone had parked a large trailer horizontally blocking 5 spaces right outside the main parking area fo Springhill. I didn't mind the extra walk (in fact could use it); but I think both hotels should ask folks with larger vehicles or trailers that left in one are for several days to park in the rear and on the outer edges of the parking lot.

The breakfast area is smaller than usual so; on the weekend when there are lots of families, there weren't enough tables that sit 4. They have room to have waffle makers on the weekends, but replace them with other items on weekdays. They need to remove at least one of two walls making morew room for both people and food choices.

Lastly, their "business center" is one out-of-date computer with a smallish screen and keyboard at such a high level people on the shorter side like me cannot sit comfortably and reach the keyboard except for a very short time.

Also,there's a very small encampment of homeless on a lot next door on the east-facing side of the building. I realize that is something Marriott may not be able to prevent, but a what could be an acceptable view is certainly not possible. I am not heartless and wish we hadn't homeless; but am not accustomed to seeing them right outside my window.

Since we will more than likely be returning to this hotel in the future as we visit that are frequently visiting family, I am looking forward to finding improvements. There's a Courtyard across the parking lot where we've stayed before but we'd rather stay at Springhill where there's a breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east away from I-15 are your best choice (even with the small encampment of homeless).
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dvs410
SpringHill Suit... H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the problems you experienced during your stay.We are planning to undergo a renovation very soon and this will enlarge our breakfast area, carpet and furniture and paint and wall paper will all be brand new. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I've been to this property before by myself for business. This time, we took the grandkids -- this is the closest Marriott to Calico Ghost Town.

The good things: there is an indoor pool. Being able to swim in a pool in December was a treat for the grandkids. The king bed was comfortable.

The bad things: this is listed as an all-suites hotel. If you're traveling alone, it functions like that, I guess. When there are 4 of you, it's just a hotel room with a door frame between the living area and the bedroom -- no door. The kids slept on a hide-a-couch. However, once the bed was down, you couldn't get out the door!

On our profile, it says we need extra towels. (We're Platinum Elite.) Ninety percent of the time, there are no extra towels; this was one of those times. We had to call up for extra towels, blankets, and pillows.

At breakfast both mornings, the breakfast room was packed to the gills. There were people sitting on the floor. There was one 4-slice toaster; half of it was not operable. There was a breakfast hostess, and she appeared to be working as hard and fast as she could, but there wasn't enough food.

The Jacuzzi was GREEN at the bottom. In fact, you couldn't see the bottom of it! There were only 2 towels on the towel rack. When I went and asked for more, the attendant immediately replenished the towels and apologized.

We think we'll stay at a Hilton property the next time we bring the grandkids to this area.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator. On the west side of the hotel, you'll have some sun bleed in...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lepha
SpringHill Suit... H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the problems you experienced during your stay.We are planning to undergo a renovation very soon and this will enlarge our breakfast area. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I am a Marriott Plantium tier level with this hotel chain - I typically stay 60-90 nights a year. I recently stayed here for a weekend trip with my family as we were attending a function in the area.

The good: Comfortable beds.

The bad: We had a room with 2 queen beds and a separate room that had a pull out couch. This room included a 9inch TV on the wall. Very cheezy, couldn't even see the TV from the couch. In addition, when you pull out the bed, you couldn't open the hotel door. Upon checkin, one of our bed sheets had yellow staining on it that they replaced when we called housekeeping.

The ugly: We woke up Sunday morning and we were unable to have hot water in the shower. We proceeded to breakfast and the area for sitting can only accomdate about 15 people, maybe 20. There were 40 people in this area and people sitting on the ground eating. Upon trying to get some food, all the bagels, muffins, and other pastry's were gone. We waited for 30 minutes to replinish but it never was.

I informed the front desk agent of my tier status saying lack of hot shower and lack of breakfast was unacceptable. She replied that she didn't design it. Are you kidding me?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jasontraci2006
SpringHill Suit... H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the problems you experienced during your stay . I really appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.We a planning to undergo a renovation very soon and this will enlarge our breakfast area.Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Springhill Suites for your future travel needs. Thank your for being a loyal platinum member with Marriott we appreciate you.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Everything very clean. The front desk staff were very friendly & helpful. A nice large indoor pool & hot tub.
Only a small fridge & microwave & a tiny sink. A tiny tv mounted on wall in living room, very hard to see when sitting on the sofa. No ottoman, would really like to put my feet up after a long day's work. The biggest problem we had with the room was no door between the sleeping & living areas. It seemed to be framed for one, plenty of space for one, don't understand why there's not one. My husband is a very early riser & he always wakes me up. We will stay here again for short term, but not when we would be here more than a week.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
SpringHill Suit... H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback it helps other travelers when in the area. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am very sorry the layout of the room did not accommodate you and your husband. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Checked in Saturday, mid-day with minimum fuss; pleasant and efficient young lady who accommodated our early arrival. Two adults, two children in one suite that was clean and well appointed.
Some surprises, two positive, two negative. One negative is a large box CRT TV in the main room and a small flat screen on the wall in the sitting room. Doesn't everybody have flat screen TV's now? Another negative is the loud plumbing when an adjacent room flushes the toilet.
But the positives are worth mentioning: 1) glass not plastic drinking vessels in both the sitting room and bathroom; plus real mugs for the in-room coffee; and 2) a hot water shower in the indoor pool next to the whirlpool.
As to the breakfast, it seemed above average, with some atypical items [grated cheese for the eggs, two different batters for the waffles], and more numerous selections than usually found at this level property.
This is a fine facility and rates above average.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
SpringHill Suit... H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback it helps other travelers when in the area. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We plan to undergo a renovation very soon and we are going to be upgrading our Televisions to flat screens during this process. Also I am sorry about the noise issues you experienced. Thank you making me aware of these issues. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Marie Pranger

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hesperia
Courtyard Victorville Hesperia
#1 of 19 in Victorville
Comfort Suites Victorville
Comfort Suites Victorville
#3 of 19 in Victorville

Been to SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia? Share your experiences!