“Great Stay with Casino Shuttle Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Highland

Hampton Inn & Suites Highland
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Highland
Escondido, United States
“Great Stay with Casino Shuttle Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Loved the hotel and that they offer prompt and easy 24 hour shuttle service to San Manual Casino. We received a $20 coupon for free play and a $20 coupon for food to use at the casino. Our room was very nice and clean and liked that there is security at night. Front desk staff was a+++ and so was the complimentary breakfast. Highly recommend especially if you are going to the casino.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Highland, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed staying with us while visiting the casino. We hope you will visit us again real soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Peoria, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel is good for a few days. Walmart is around the corner, and some restaurants here and there. The only bad thing is they do not have a refrigerator. I don't know if you can request one but I didn't. Also, my room did not have a bathtub. I'm not sure if this is the same for all the rooms. In addition, the walls seem to be really thin, because I can hear noises from the room next door. He was coughing really loud and when he finally slept, he was snoring. It was so loud, I thought there was a lion next door. This is a good stay if only for a few days. But if you're planning to stay for a week, then hopefully, they have a fridge upon request

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your comments. I wish that all our rooms had tubs in them. On your next visit you might want to make the room selection for our double queen bedded rooms. Those all have tubs in them. Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you again.

Ceres, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Friendly and quiet stay. This was a last minute stay and was the perfect fit for the time and location we needed. The beds are so amazingly comfortable and just envelop you! It makes me want to stay at the Hampton Inn every time I need a Hotel. We arrived very late and there was security outside and someone at the desk also to welcome us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

On my recent business trip our group choose to stay at the Hampton Inn. Before the trip we experience many set backs in booking our teams block of rooms. Granted we had many add ons, but the hotel was unwilling to accommodate our need for more than 4 rooms at a corporate rate. I was actually quoted the group rate and then charged more when I got to the hotel. I never got this resolved before leaving the hotel and decided with wasn't worth my time to argue about it. As for the actual hotel room. The room itself seemed clean upon first glance however on closer inspection it appeared the carpet had not been properly vacuumed. The bed was comfy but the pillows were totally flat and I need 3 to get comfortable. I actually can't complain about the bathroom other than the shower head was to high for me. I did like the location of the hotel. The Mexican restaurant by the hotel was very good. There is a Walmart across the street. Many fast food restaurants in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Rowland Heights, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is one of my favorite Hamptons which is a chain I am partial to anyway.
The hotel has a relationship with or is owned by the San Manuel Casino and has a free shuttle to the casino bus entrance on call. There are also discount coupons for food and matching slot play available once a month for the asking if they have not run out.
There is also a discount on room rates if you have a casino card.
They book completely a lot of Thursdays and weekends so I advise planning ahead. A reservation person got us in for a Saturday only when she discovered my wife can only be away one night at a time.
The super clean rooms and white duvet coupled with the Hampton breakfast make this an excellent place and a real bargain.

Room Tip: Try the larger room for a few dollars more.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
San Clemente, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

First time at a Hampton Inn and wow, was I impressed. Staff were very friendly, hotel was super clean (looked new!), pool area was perfect for the kids to swim and parents to hang. Breakfast was included and it was hearty! DIY waffles, bacon, scrambled eggs (ok those were so-so) cereal, muffins, toasts, yogurt, juice... perfect for our team to wake up and eat before our tourney. Hampton has a 100% guarantee or it's free, and you can definitely tell that they want to make everything perfect so they lose money. The best part was the bed duvets (bedspread) that they wash between every guest! No more pulling down the comforter so nobody accidentally touches something unseen and yucky!! Everything was so clean and fresh - loved it! I often make the reservations for the whole team and I always worry about getting a nice and clean enough hotel, but keeping it cheap enough for those who are concerned about money. Hamptons are now the go-to choice for me. (We booked the Hilton Garden Inn last weekend and has the same great experience, but food not included). So I recommend this for group stays without worry.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

murrieta, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

They say this is the san manuel hotel, but it is miles away from the san manuel amphitheater. Do not stay here if planning to go to a concert, find a closer hotel! You will end up paying $100 in taxis to get home and back. I called twice asking if their shuttle went to the amphitheater and TWICE they said yes. I did not find out until check in that it was not true.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Big Bear Frontier Cabins
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Bernardino
Saddleback Inn
Saddleback Inn
#2 of 3 in Lake Arrowhead

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Highland? Share your experiences!