“Hampton Inn - Highland, CA”

Hampton Inn & Suites Highland
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Highland
Keller, Texas
“Hampton Inn - Highland, CA”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

While visiting family and friends in the Inland Empire, California, we always stay at this
hotel due to its location. If you are interested in snow skiing in Running Springs or Big Bear, you are about 45 minutes away. Beaches in Orange County about one hour or water skiing at Lake Perris about 35 minutes. Many restaurants within three to five mile radius and last but not least, complimentary shuttle to the San Manuel Indian Casino!

Room Tip: Hotel can be somewhat noisy on Friday & Saturday nights due to gamblers returning from the casin...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jim1008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Yorba Linda, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014

From check in to check out our experience was fantastic! The staff was very helpful including the staff at the breakfast bar. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We stayed here to visit San Manuel Casino and the free 24 hour shuttle was so easy and convient for pick up at the hotel and the casino. We will stay here again for sure!! Thank you Hampton Inn

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Kelly P
John P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Highland, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Kelly P,
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Palmdale, Florida, Usa
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Room is so Clean and it smell really fresh, great Complimentary Breakfast, I really feel safe.The Hotel provides a 24 hr shuttle to San Manual Casino which is great. Staff were really friendly, ambience is so relaxing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

SaldyM,
Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.
Laguna Niguel, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My family and I have stayed here twice and both times we have been extremely satisfied and a little surprised by the quality of service we have received. The rooms are nice and clean, the lobby is clean, and there is a free breakfast. All of this for $99 per night. I have paid much more for way less at other hotels. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anybody who doesn't want to pay $300 or more for a tiny and dirty cabin in Big Bear. The hotel is located right at the base of the mountain so the drive is not bad and you don't risk getting stuck on the mountain if it snows in the middle of the night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Michael S,
We appreciate your kind comments and thank you for staying with us. Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Lancaster, California
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We got there tired and all sleepy. Pulled out the sofa bed for my kids unpleasant sight left in it. Went down to the clerk he made a smug comment like your room is free tonight. Distasteful attitude after that. Head maid said our maid would be disciplined. Stayed at the hotel cause again we drove for hours to get there. Was rushed out of our original room left a few things behind. Went downstairs to tell front desk. They said they gave our room away already. Which is sick. Head maid didn't use gloves to remove what was left in the pullout bed. My fiance has o.c.d. especially on germs. So he was freaked out. My 9 year old doesn't ever want to go back there. He compared this hotel to motel 6 and said they were cleaner. Just a bad experience. Went downstairs that next morning young lady at front desk got very unprofessional. Started crying and using inappropriate language in front of elderly couple. Not to mention she started yelling at him cause he couldn't hear her. Might I add this man had an hearing aide in his ear. The manager walks by and I tell him about the situation he had a smug attitude as if to say he didn't care. This was all on a three day weekend. I am very disappointed given the fact that I used to live in highland. I know the area and it's not one of the best ones around but come on the only 4 star hotel they have was slacking. Very disappointed especially given the fact that this is near or on Indian territory. I suggest they get it together there cause it is a beautiful hotel and it has potential but it is going downhill slowly. Being in management myself. Management needs to step their game up because a lot is slowly going downhill due to the slack of management. Such a terrible thing to write about a beautiful place. Especially given the fact that kids are our future and I definitely need to do some damage control on my 9 yr. Old exceptionally gifted son now because of this incident.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank SHamilton57
Oxnard, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean the staff was wonderful, the only down fall was our room smelled like smoke really bad. The staff was willing to move us to another room and make things better for us. I would totally recommend this hotel to others and I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Darlene H,
Thanks for your comments about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
ONTARIO, United States
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Customer service could have been better, I was charged incorrect rates and over billed twice, the manager insulted me even after he seen I was owed money, my credit card was charged twice even after I paid cash for the room, I was locked out of my room because the clerk did not reset our room keys, the TV kept cutting off maintenance had to come to the room to RESET the TV (all they done was UNPLUG it) a movie I paid $16.99 for was not reset nor credited back to my account I had to ask for it to be credited, there was an issue with the bath tub stopper I was unable to take a bath and that's one of the main reasons we stated at the hotel to use the tub maintenance had to come and REPLACE the stopper (they said it was the wrong one that's thy the water would not stay in the tub but even after they left the shower knob got stuck and would NOT cut the shower head off!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Shanita D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Hampton Inn & Suites San Bernardino
Ayres Hotel Redlands
Ayres Hotel Redlands
#1 of 9 in Redlands
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands)
Saddleback Inn
Saddleback Inn
#2 of 3 in Lake Arrowhead
Comfort Suites Redlands
Comfort Suites Redlands
#3 of 9 in Redlands
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Bernardino

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Highland? Share your experiences!