“Go by coach but not Jumbo.”
Review of San Manuel Casino

San Manuel Casino
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Highland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Gaming facility features round-the-clock poker, blackjack, 4,200 slot machines, casual and fine dining options. Must be 21. Please gamble responsibly.
las vegas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Go by coach but not Jumbo.”
Reviewed 25 December 2009

The best way to visit the Indian casinos in SoCal is by coach.Why? You save on gas plus the casinos give you $30-35 in free play which individuals would not receive. Just don't go with Jumbo Express. I booked with them.The driver said my name wasn't on his list,which was written in Cantonese so I wouldn't know.He made me wait until everyone else was on board b4 letting me on.The only seat left was between a twitchy guy and the restroom. On the way home the driver was making a U turn in a school, something he was told not to do so he ended up getting a ticket from the cops. This delayed the coach for an hour. We asked to switch to a later coach but the courier wouldn't call the driver to ask how many seats he had. I called the company the next day to complain . They took my number and said they would call back immediately but never did. The driver didn't apologize either.In fact he was yelling at one passenger in Cantonese.

As for the casino. Nobody in the $16 buffet which tells me enough. $25 bingo.Sorry its $4 in Vegas. The only penny machines had a 60c min bet. The payback was minimal. I had a total of $50 in free play but could only manage to extract $8 from that.The roulette games and video blackjack are not available for free play money.

San Bernadino is all cheap motel and food stores.Not worth a visit.

1 Thank charliebigtime
SanManuel1986, Guest Relations Manager at San Manuel Casino, responded to this review, 28 October 2015
charliebigtime -

Thank you for the feedback, we will certainly pass it on to our transportation department. We offer tons of bussing options to the Casino - check out our Website for more information. Our Serrano Buffet has been renovated and upgraded over the years and there is a line regularly out the door. We would recommend giving it a try sometime soon.

Check out our website for information on our Bingo offering. We have different promotions, prices, prizes etc throughout the week in our 2500-seat, state-of-the-art Bingo Hall.

We would love to have you back soon!

california
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“last time for me”
Reviewed 19 May 2009

wow they really want to take are money away fast.
me and my wife gambled on differant machines and pretty much as fast as you can put your money in, it takes with out blinking a eye. I played $5 ,$1,.25 cent slots and let me tell you as fast as I put it in the machine's it went I played the .25 cent machines and it was $1.25 a pull I was already $200.00 in the hole with 2 machines and stuiped me I put $60.00 in one and didn't even get a quater back?
oh no comp drinks when you play? gread gread...
no more for me.

6 Thank slagger
SanManuel1986, Guest Relations Manager at San Manuel Casino, responded to this review, 25 October 2015
Slagger -

Thank you for the feedback. We will pass it on to the slots department. Our team works closely with the Gaming Commission to ensure fair play for all and our team pays out close to 500 jackpots every day - that is one almost every three minutes. Tons of winning going on here - we invite you back to join that long list of winners.

Downey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DOWN TO EARTH CASINO, BAD COCKTAIL SERVICE ALL AROUND”
Reviewed 20 April 2009

My boyfriend and I drove to San Manuel Casino on a Friday evening. It took us about 1 and half hour to get their from Santa Ana, CA. The gambling was fun. I kept busy playing the nickels machine. My boyfriend had no luck playing black jack. The crowd was diverse. Secuirty is visible all over the place. The live band in the lounge was great. The cocktail service in the lounge simply sucked. My boyfriend and I were dancing, enjoying the live band but we constantly had to track our cocktail waitress down. It got so annoying that at one point we decided to order 3 drinks each so that we didn't have to track her down again. We did eat at the food court and the service was cool. Parking wasn't bad. Yes, the surrounding city is pretty old and seems dirty but no biggie. Driving through the city of Highland simply reminded me of how lucky I am to live in the beautiful city of Downey.

1 Thank sillylilly13
sillylilly13 -

Thank you so much for the feedback in regard to your awesome Friday night with the boyfriend. We offer free LIVE entertainment every NIGHT in the TUKUT Lounge - including live music every Thursday-Sunday, Karaoke Monday, Salsa Lessons Tuesday and Comedy Wednesday. Will pass your feedback on our cocktail service on to our F and B team.

We thank you kindly for the feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!
So. California
“My Favorite Casino this side of Vegas”
Reviewed 2 April 2009

I had previously only visited Morongo Casino because it was near my work. When I did finally check out San Manuel Casino I was blown away by how beautiful the place is. Whereas Morongo felt like a mall, San Manuel has taken a page out of the Las Vegas play book and spared no expense in creating an experience for the patron beyond gambling. Ummmm, I lost money at both places, but actually enjoyed my time at San Manuel regardless. A big point for me is that San Manuel, while they allow smoking, is not smokey.
Morongo has a hotel on top of the casino and San Manuel has one down the street, if that makes a difference to you.

SanManuel1986, Guest Relations Manager at San Manuel Casino, responded to this review, 5 November 2015
Angelina 10 -

Thank you kindly for the feedback and the five stars! It is our favorite casino this side of Vegas too! But we strive for more than that - we strive to be your favorite casino...period.

In addition to having a strong air filtration system, we do proudly boast a smoke-free gaming room for those that want to enjoy slots - the California way. :)

We do have a great relationship with the Hampton Inn giving tons of discounts to all of our players while also provide transportation to and from the Casino for free. Its located just blocks away from San Manuel.

Redlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Slots, Shows, Music, & Food!”
Reviewed 19 March 2009

San Manuel is great! I have been there many times on different occassions and each and everytime I had a blast. On some nights they would put on a free music show in which different bands would play for the night and best of all, it was free! but be sure to get there before the band starts to play or else there wont be any seating & you would have to stand. We saw the Dog Faced Gods & they rocked! I even bought one of their CDs. In between the bands, the DJ would play music and people would dance in front of the stage, although most of them should not be dancing if you know what I mean.

They recently opened up a beautiful steak house. & I must say the food is great. Of course its a bit on the pricey side but well worth it. It also turns into a club at night which is great because you wouldn't have to walk through the casino, out the door, drive, etc. just to have a night out with your sig other or a night out with the girls.

Great casino, won a couple of times but then again, I'm not much of a gambler. They aren't cheap on the alcohol. Security everywhere you looked so you know you're safe.

Great place to spend the weekend because you would have it all; casino, free shows, food, drinks, and the club ALL in one place!

1 Thank memberclub
memberclub -

Thank you kindly for the feedback and the five stars. We are glad to read you had such a wonderful time at the Dog Faced Gods show. We hope you have made it back for any of our legendary shows in the years since.