“Sharon H”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Frewville
Jilliby
“Sharon H”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had a room downstairs in the corner. It was noisy with traffic and people talking next door. We could smell cigarette smoke entering our room from people smoking outside that where possibly sitting on the stair well or on the seat outside. The room was clean however the towels where vey old, thin and un appealing. The bathroom was so small, it was difficult to sit on the toilet straight as the hand basin was so close and I'm only a petite build. The bed was hard. The experience re confirmed that I dislike motels. At least it was clean and had good customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Millicent
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Great place to stay staff very friendly and helpful. Not flash but very comfortable accommodation. We always stay there now whenever we go to Adelaide as it suits us for what we want to do. We would recommend it to anyone. We live in country South Australia and they make booking very easy. All we do is rock up and they do the rest. The units are always clean and spotless and serviced every day. "A GREAT PLACE TO STAY"

Room Tip: Just ask and they will try to help you.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Waikerie
Reviewed 18 October 2013

While having cancer treatment in the city I needed a place to stay near my specialist. We found the friendliness and caring of all the staff was just wonderful. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Value for money for sure. Not noisy and close to city and some nice restaurants. Very nice will certainly stay again and recommend this motel to anyone. Top place for us. Very pleased with the way we were looked after.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The Welcome Inn family business made me feel soooo welcome from the time of phone call bookings to additional questions and arrangements for a late arrival. I was amazed at the size of the room and everything is spotlessly clean. I kept saying to myself, "we would have loved to have found a room just like this when travelling through Europe!" Arriving late at night the key was left for me and the next morning a HUGE breakfast was delivered to my door with a great big smile and newspaper. There's a big variety on the menu and all reasonably priced. Jim even kindly drove me to my meeting that morning which was way beyond what could be expected, although only a short distance. My room was tidied and bed made up during the day so I felt welcomed all over again. Tea/coffee was plentiful, free Wi Fi upon asking at Reception, lots of TV channels on a good sized screen, shampoos and soaps, soft bed and plenty of pillows, hair dryer and iron, excellent reverse cycle air conditioning ... nothing else I needed! Although on a busy road there was no noise in the room itself. There's plenty of rooms downstairs for wheelchair or pram access and an equal number upstairs with open balconies. I am happy I now know where to stay next time I visit Adelaide and wouldn't look anywhere else. I would think I did far better for the price than colleagues staying at a much more expensive place (double) just down the road. The family is to be congratulated on the quality of business they run and the exceptional customer service!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank GabBaz2212
Paris, France
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed here on our way to Melbourne and were pleasantly surprised.
The guy on the front desk was very welcoming and friendly and reception was clean and fresh and I knew by the presentation that the rooms would be as well.
I was not disappointed. The room was spacious and clean with a mini fridge, tea, coffee, hairdryer and iron. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and we both had a great nights sleep. Being on a main road too it was'nt noisy at all.
The bathroom is very clean and the towels were large and soft.
There are a couple of family run restaurants across the road too, which was great.
We will definitely be staying here again when we drive through Adelaide, without hesitation.

Room Tip: A great stopover hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ducati748af
Waikerie, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed there for two nights and we were very happy with the quality of the room and cleanlyness . The bathroom is bit small but you are not in the bathroom all the time it was ok and i'm not a small person . I will stay there again as i think it was good value for money in such a convenient position to the city.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Spent one night, travelling from Cranbourne Vic to Ravensthorpe WA. Room comfortable and tidy, bed good. Bathroom small but met our needs. Now breakfast. Absolutely great. Must breed their own bacon out the back. We will be back.

Room Tip: We were on a corner room and had no noise problems.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frewville
Arkaba Hotel
Crowne Plaza Adelaide
#6 of 57 in Adelaide
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,590 reviews
Mount Lofty House - MGallery by Sofitel

Been to Welcome Inn 277? Share your experiences!