“Very good apart from some traffic noise”
Review of Welcome Inn 277

Welcome Inn 277
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Frewville
Jomtien Beach, Thailand
“Very good apart from some traffic noise”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

For my money, this is the best of all the motels along Fullarton in SE Adelaide. The building is quite new, clean, functional, convenient. My room was spacious, well-furnished, the modern aircon was efficient and almost entirely silent. Comfortable bed with quality bedding, thick fluffy towels in the bathroom. Wifi was fast and reliable. Service was excellent, with very friendly and informative management. The only problem is the traffic noise, but Adelaide is hardly the party capital of the Southern Hemisphere, so late night to early morning is in fact mostly quiet. At A$85.50 per night for a 4-day stay, this is very good value!

Room Tip: Upstairs is hotter, downstairs cooler in summer.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Paul B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Wairarapa
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have just stayed at this Motel for a week - NO swimming pool. NO facilities to make meals - only tea-coffee-milk supplied. Motel comfortable, on a bus route - 45 minutes by bus from CBD, expensive Supermarket - Subway within walking distance. Reception staff friendly and helpful, but cleaning on certain days was disgraceful. Look at other options first.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor maybe quieter
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Coromandel New Zealand
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I spent 7 nights at this motel during the Tour Down Under.
Easy access by bus to the city.
My queen size room was comfortable, clean and spacious.
Several excellent restaurants close by, also a supermarket.
The staff is helpful and friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank dutchkiwi_10
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

A nice place near the city. Very clean rooms. Lovely helpful lady at reception but I will look for some other place next time because they allowed pets (a cat) in one of the rooms.
Which is against the standard hotels policy around Australia, especially cats and dogs, and is a health risk too.

Room Tip: Very clean. But I would say un-hygienic as they allow pets
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank verytiny
Port Lincoln, Australia
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Basic but exactly what we needed. I expected it to be noisier but traffic noise wasn't a problem. Will certainly stay again. We live in regional S.A. and often need somewhere to stay in Adelaide and can definitely recommend to others in the same situation. Only complaint is that it has that smell that hotel rooms often have of cigarette smoke covered up with too much deodoriser.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We arrived early (around 11:30 am) and check-in time wasn't until 2pm, but the hostess managed to have our room cleaned and ready to go within 20 minutes. Clean and comfortable, we had plenty of space and lots of counter room (which I love, as it helps to keep me organized…I hate putting things on the floor or in drawers). They had food service (we did not order food, so I cannot comment on food taste/value) and a drink vending machine outside, but I would have loved if they had a snack food vending machine as well, as we often got back to the hotel late at night and had to walk to the gas station down the street for food, as all the restaurants had closed. My only complaints would be the bathroom. It was tiny and the shower completely flooded the whole room. It is a poor design and I always had to keep the light on, which in turn, would run the fan, so that the floor would dry. My other complaint is that the toiletries they left for us were dirty…obviously they had been near a bottle which had burst and they had dirt and soap stuck to them…it was gross and I tossed them aside as soon as I saw them (especially since they were on our CLEAN towels…) The towels had been over washed without softener and were beginning to feel like sandpaper, but I find that that is often par for the course with 3 or 3.5 star hotels.

Also, this hotel is nowhere near the Adelaide CBD….when I made the booking, it was very misleading as to how close it seemed to the city center. This hotel is on the way out of Adelaide and is very close to Cleland Wildlife Park (HIGHLY RECOMMEND A VISIT HERE) and Mount Lofty (A PARADISE FOR HIKERS WITH STUNNING VIEWS), as well as the Adelaide Wine Region.

All in all, if you took the bathroom out of the room, it was stellar, but I would definitely stay there again in spite of the wet lavatory (and I always use my own toiletries, so that didn't bother me too much in the long run).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jilliby
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had a room downstairs in the corner. It was noisy with traffic and people talking next door. We could smell cigarette smoke entering our room from people smoking outside that where possibly sitting on the stair well or on the seat outside. The room was clean however the towels where vey old, thin and un appealing. The bathroom was so small, it was difficult to sit on the toilet straight as the hand basin was so close and I'm only a petite build. The bed was hard. The experience re confirmed that I dislike motels. At least it was clean and had good customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frewville
Arkaba Hotel
Adabco Boutique Hotel
#5 of 57 in Adelaide
BreakFree Director's Studios
Adelaide Granada Motor Inn

Been to Welcome Inn 277? Share your experiences!