“Stop. And then you can say you've been there.”

Casa de Fruta Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 85 Restaurants in Hollister
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The food, particularly the fruit, is good (not outstanding) but expensive. Fortunately, the peacocks, train, park-like setting, restrooms, make it worth stopping even if you aren't hungry or don't want to purchase fruit. Plus, you can say that you've been there.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was passing through the area and stopped to have breakfast. The Casa De Fruta combo is very good, but the pancakes were tough. The coffee is terrific. After eating, I walked around enjoying the sites. I also purchased some produce and condiments.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a review on the whole Casa experience. There is a Restaurant which serves good food, great service and for an extra 95 cents you get super fresh and sweet fruit. After you eat head over to Casa de Fruta fruit stand, this is a must see. Then head over to Casa de Sweets, look around buy some candy and tickets to ride the Casa de Choo Choo and the Carousel. You also get a package of sand to go gold-mining on their water wheel. While the kids are doing their gold-mining the adults can head over to Casa de Vino for a little wine tasting. If you have too much wine they also have a hotel with very clean rooms. There is also a gas station just in case you need gas because it is in the middle of nowhere.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

On the way back from camping with my family my wife requested to stop at Casa de Fruta Restaurant to grab lunch. I figured it would be a good experience and it should be good food since they built up the location. The restaurant was very large and had many people so I thought we would have to wait long, but we where seated quickly. Our server was very quick to take our drink orders as well as our food orders. I ordered the French Dip sandwich and fries, while my wife ordered a chicken salad. I was disappointed with my sandwich but my wife liked her salad. The sandwich bread broke apart while trying to eat so I had to use a fork and the meat was not very good either. My youngest asked me to taste his egg because it didn't taste like egg, so I had to add a bit of salt. Overall the food was not good and I will not be stopping here again.

Thanks,
Kenny

Reviewed 25 May 2014

It is easy to get on and off the freeway but the gas is expensive and the food mediocre. You are better off going up the freeway a couple miles to The Grove.