“Great Value”

Best Western San Benito Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Hollister
“Great Value”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I read 2013 TripAdvisor guests review which were not positive but the 2 in 2014 were. We took a chance. Great place to stay for the value. Bed and room were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent for the variety. Great location for the vineyard wedding we attended. There is a great swimming pool available. We would come back here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Mabel J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Petaluma, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My boys and I stay here on weekends when we go to Hollister Hills State Park with our motorcycles. this best Western is one of the nicest hotels in the area. There are cheaper rooms available at other local hotels, but you get what you pay for. The recent addition of hot breakfast items is great. The rooms are clean and the place is pretty well kept.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank David B
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

PROS. Good price for a holiday weekend. Very comfortable Room was large and clean. Good lighting in parking area so we felt good about our Harley parking there overnight. Hot breakfast was more than adequate. Staff was helpful and polite. Hotel and room were very clean.
CONS. HBO channel did not come thru with a clean video...forced to watch commercial TV...a real drag. There was no hot tub.
I would state here again. Recommend.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ronald S
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Rude. Very rude the guy who helped us at the lobby. Would not even look at me at the eyes. I took my family to visit relatives in Hollister so we stayed at this hotel expecting to relax and get ready for the party. First, the continental breakfast was way or lame and no tables or chairs sit on. Buy the worst part was when we calls the lobby and asks if we child stay another night. The man who answer at the lobby was not helpful at all. So I walked down there and experienced the worst customer service ever.

Stayed May 2014
bestwesternsanbenito, Webmaster at Best Western San Benito Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that you experienced an unusual lapse in customer service and that the free breakfast we provide as an extra amenity wasn’t to your liking. We take pride in our guest service and in providing a great overall experience, and I’m terribly sorry we let you down. We’ll do better for you next time.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Hollister hotels

Gilroy
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My room was full of nats/ biting flys. I slept very poorly and was bitten several times. Bring a can of yardgard and insect repellent. overall experience was poor because I did not sleep well. the pm staff helped me change rooms the checkout staff earlier morning was indifferent to my experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Richard C
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that an unusual circumstance detracted from your experience with us. We take real pride in providing a great hotel experience, and I apologize that we let you down. We’ve made changes and improvements to many aspects of the hotel since your stay, and you’ll find better experience than ever before when you return.

Arroyo Grande, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed 3 nights. My schedule changed and the staff adjusted to my changes on a phone calls notice. Room was big, clean, and quiet! Everything was above expectations. I will be in the area again soon and will stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Escondido, California
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Arrived at the Best Western San Benito Inn at 9:20 p.m. on Saturday, April 12. The lobby was already closed. I rang a buzzer, and was then quickly checked in at the night window. There is no elevator at this establishment, nor is there a gym. I had a basic two queen bed room. It was clean, and the bed was comfortable. Though I was in the north end of this establishment, because of "thin" walls, one can still hear doors shutting, walking above on the second floor (I was in room 109), and people talking outside. All the staff encountered were friendly. The free breakfast in the morning was very simple, which included what tasted like powdered scrambled eggs. The check out at 11:00 a.m. was fast. For an average stay at a 2-star hotel, I feel that the $100 fee that one pays is somewhat expensive. This hotel is located 30 miles from the east entrance to Pinnacles National Park, which is why I stayed at this Best Western.

Room Tip: If you choose a second floor room, you will not hear people walking above you. But you will have to...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrLorin
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our clean, comfortable rooms and friendly staff. I’m sorry that you felt your experience here was overpriced. We take pride in offering the best possible value and a great guest experience. I hope you will focus on the many good things about our hotel and make us your first choice in the area if you return.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollister
Best Western Plus Forest Park Inn
Hacienda de Leal
Hacienda de Leal
#1 of 2 in San Juan Bautista
Ridgemark Golf and Country Club Resort

Been to Best Western San Benito Inn? Share your experiences!