The Glen Lodge and Pub
US$177
US$559
US$473
Agoda.com
Nova Constantia Boutique Residence(Constantia)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$119
De Noordhoek Hotel(Noordhoek)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Travelled to Cape Town to work at an event between April 24 and April 27. I got a room at the Glen Lodge, and was really blown away by the place. I arrived back late each day, and the staff allowed me to work in the lounge area on my edits, and on one of the evenings were happy to keep it open for me until Id completed my work. The food was excellent ( Highly recommend the Cheese / avo gourmet burger) the locals in the pub were really friendly, live music, and the rooms were spacious and clean. Real value for money, especially considering the ocean and mountain views! I will be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We wanted to watch a local band play at the pub and decided that the most convenient place to stay would be just down the passage rather than driving to Simonstown after the performance (although we did take a drive through to the lovely Main Street to have lunch). It was a good decision (mainly informed by TripAdvisor reviews). We don't normally overnight so close to home but we made a fortunate find in this small establishment.

Service was attentive. Breakfast was simple but entirely adequate (with plenty of coffee provided).

Our room had a small enclosed verandah that provides a perfectly sheltered position to sit and look at the ocean (it can get windy!) and we made full use of the facility to have a relaxing afternoon before the band played.

Most importantly for me, the bed was very comfortable.

Good value for what is on offer.

Room Tip: We had the room at the end of the passage. the little enclosed verandah was a good spot to sit and look at the sea, despite it being a windy day.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had a room on the ground floor looking out to sea and found this quiet, clean and comfortable. I spent 4 nights there and was glad that there was a good lounge, and courtyard at the back all with good wifi.
Breakfast was fine and good option to be able to eat at the bar.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had a good stay at Glen Lodge. First room (2) not very nice & a bit of a smell about it, but moved to room 1 with good sea view and generally much nicer. Catherine who was on duty was lovely, very helpful and attentive.
We ate in the bar, with beautiful sea views, and sheltered even though it was a vey windy day. The food and service (Catherine again!) was very good.

Room Tip: Not room 2 not a good view and small room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DandR-Exeter
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Small lodge that can teach many bigger establishments how to treat guests. Inexpensive means anything but cheap the beds were comfortable, the shower was hot. Little touches mean everything: I told the owner, Grete, I had to leave for work early in the morning - before the breakfast room would open. No problem, she said, and put cereal, milk, juice and yoghurt in my room fridge for me.

The place is old and quirky, and that's its charm.

Had supper in restaurant in the same building - the grilled fish - and I'd recommend it. The waiter, Catherine, too: she's very attentive, and kind. The two highest words of praise I can give a waitress are attentive and kind.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business