“Business trip”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Domus
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Hotel Domus is a great small family run hotel, I've stayed here on business trips on a number of occasions and never been disappointed, the rooms are clean and modern and staff are always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dean F

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel only one night on business because the previous hotels I'd stayed at were at rates quite high. I could not have been any more pleased with this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and with very good English. The facility was very nicely redone... think Hotel Bloom, but without the "boom" of the radio and the eye cutting color clash.

The room was a smaller one on the first floor. The room was refurbished to the point I call it entirely new. The bed was very comfortable, the shower was fantastic, and the room lighting was very well done. The desk area was a bit smaller than I would have preferred, but it was ok.

There were two areas for improvement: Upon entry there was a bit of an "old boiler" smell at certain spots. I could tell this must have been a known issue as there were scent oil sticks around to freshen the air. The room was totally free of this issue, only by the check in desk.

The breakfast and lounge area is a round addition to the back courtyard and was also quite open with glass, and relaxing/ all new.

From what I could tell there was no air conditioning, but for me it was not an issue this time of year.

Walking food options were available-- Egyptian, Chinese, Pizza and some others. None look fantastically enticing, but they would get the job of eating done.

If I return to Brussels and this area during times of the year that are not too hot, I will definitely prefer to stay at this hotel. Photos uploaded as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Scott T
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Boom is a town you tend to stumble upon unless you have to be nearby for an event. We found ourselves needing a hotel for eight nights in boom and this was simply perfect. A boutique hotel with perfect decor, very friendly and efficient staff and a lovely breakfast. Philippe the owner organised bikes for us to explore the area. They were waiting for us upon arrival and he returned them after our departure. The cycle ride to the stunning town of mechelen is along a wide cycle path beside the river and Philippe gave clear instructions as to how to get there.

The rooms are faultless apart from being hot which is not the hotels fault as the weather was very warm, day and night. The bathrooms are great and my sister who accompanied me as my dh couldn't come declared she wanted to take home the bed linen.

Nothing was too much trouble and I wouldn't even bother looking for another hotel if I returned to the area.

Restaurant recommendations are cafe kaai in boom and brasserie zeezicht a short stroll away in kleine willebroek.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Hotel Domus is located in the small town of Boom about 15 minutes from Antwerp. The hotel is ideal for someone who wants to experience Belgium away from the big cities. The owners are charming and provide a 'home from home' with style and ease. It is the attention to the smallest details that make this small hotel stand out from other boutique hotels, for example, the head rest in the enormous bath and pristine rooms. What stood out for us was the wonderful breakfast served in the restful garden room. We were greeted with freshly prepared fruit, home-made muesli and eggs freshly laid by the hotel's own hens (which could be seen from the window). We will certainly make this our first choice place to stay whenever we return to Belgium.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stayed here twice the last two years for business and every time the service was excellent. You get personal, casual attention from the staff, they are very friendly and make you feel at home.
Rooms are very modern and very clean. Breakfast is great, with relaxing view on the garden and you can also enjoy having drinks in the evening. Will be back there.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

This family run hotel is a great experience!
I arrived there by pure business need and after my stay in Domus I would welcome the opportunity to be back any time either for business or for pleasure!
The lounge, the rooms, the staff, the quality of food and on a sunny day the back garden all feel so welcoming you do not want to leave!
It is like an oasis in Boom that is well hidden behind a very typical Hotel entrance!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Stayed as normal company hotel was full in Lier, all I can say is Lier was OK - this hotel - perfect - rooms were nicer, welcome was great, rooms were spotless and to a very high standard... I spend over 100 nights a year in hotels (have done for over 10 years) - and can say this one is special and in my top 5 ever

1  Thank king_Shoreham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boom
NH Mechelen
Hotel Bristol International
Hotel Hobbit
Hotel Hobbit
#8 of 11 in Mechelen

Been to Hotel Domus? Share your experiences!