“Wowser, kicks all other fish taco butts”

normitas surf city tacos
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Orange county
“Wowser, kicks all other fish taco butts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Amazing. Second review because we LOVE this place. And highly respect them. Over the years they are STILL putting in a HUGE piece of fish!!! Best fish tacos anywhere we have been around SoCal. It's a divey place and you need cash and hard to dine in if you are wanting to....but you can order and take it to go. Thank you normita!!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank HBsurferwife

Orange County, CA
“Great Fish Tacos - Bring Cash”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Small establishment with good fish tacos. My office is right around the corner from here & this is one of our lunch hangouts. If you get here around noon expect a wait but the wait is worth it. I've only had the fish tacos, my associate has tried the burrito and carnitas Tacos, which he said were very good also.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank prosailortim
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great Recommendation From A Friend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I told a friend that I was going to Sunset / Huntington Beach area and he said you have to have Fish Tacos when you go and mention Normitas Surf City and Wahoos. I googled them online and saw the reviews better at Normitas. I found the reviews were accurate and the fish tacos were excellent. It sort of a "dive" place but friendly people behind the counter. I cannot remember her name but she was so nice I thought I was at Cheers. I stood back and watched while mu uncle saved a table outside. She was so engaging and personable that I watched her interactions. She related to each customer and was so upbeat and friendly. I received my fish tacos and they were excellent. I enjoyed every bite. I am glad my friend recommended this place. I also took my 78 year old uncle and was not sure he would like fish tacos... he did.. enjoyed them very much. They even have a liquor store connected in case you need a liquor stop while your at the beach.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Steven P
Newport Beach
“Great Fish Tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have been eating here for about two years. The first time I stopped here I ordered a couple of fish tacos. In all of the times I've eaten here, all I have ordered was the fish tacos! The reason is that they are so outstanding I'll hate my self if I get something else when I could have had the fish tacos. They are made in, what I think, is Baja style: Two grill heated corn tortillas, a huge piece of deep fried fish, mixed cabbage, pico de gallo and two or three kinds of sauces. In my humble (well not all that humble really) opinion the fish tacos are the best in the world, at the very least the best I have ever eaten.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Bob W
“Worth stopping for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Don't be put off by the location, the food here is good, fresh, and big portions. The service is prompt and courteous. Cash only. We had chicken burritos, looking back we should have just gotten one to share they were so big, definitely delicious. I also wish that we had gotten a chance to go back and try the fish taco. They looked magnificent.

• Visited December 2013