“Very pleased, location amazing”

Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We spent an extended weekend at Shorebreak and walked away very pleased. The location is this boutique's best selling point. Literally a half a block away from the beach and an amazing pier. The hotel is also surrounded by chill shopping and restaurants. Service was also very good. I would suggest opting for a partial beach view because the views are amazing. Valet parking is pricey. The lounge was also very respectable with good food and drinks overlooking the street below. Our room had two double beds and was very spacious. You could rent a bike for the day for only $20 which is cheaper than the local businesses. Check out is noon and for an extra 99 smackers they extend it to 6:00 pm . I own the fact that I'm a hotel snob and have to give this place a thumbs up!

If I was being picky....

The TV and its operating system for a lack of a better word seems a bit antiquated, but we weren't in the room a whole bunch...

Room Tip: Opt for a partial beach view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Mike R, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear HolidayLuvin,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! I'm super stoked that you got to experience all the different amenities that Shorebreak has to offer. I'd like to apologize that our Lodgenet interface isn't up to standards. We are in negotiations about an upgrade to our television services to better suit our guests. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My friend and I planned to stay at the Shorebreak for two nights, and we loved it so much we ended up staying a third night. The location is perfect- right next to all the stores, restaurants and most importantly the beach/pier. I recommend getting a room with a view of the ocean, that's what we had and it was absolutely gorgeous. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The staff were nice and helpful. Timmy at the front desk checked us in and upgraded us to a shorefront room- he was super nice and gave us a bunch of recommendations on places to eat/visit...definitely made our trip that much better! Bar was good- forgot the bartenders name but he was very social and polite to us. Great drinks. Fitness room was clean and had a good amount of machines to choose from. Loved the Shorebreak, hope to stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: Get a oceanfront room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Lona S,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! I'll be sure to give this review to Timmy so he can read it too! From what it sounded like, it seems like you had the perfect Shorebreak experience! I'm looking forward to seeing you next time so we can recreate this awesome time!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here with my 2 kids while at a soccer tournament in nearby Anaheim - we had a great time. The room was a nice size (2 large queen beds, separated by a wall), restaurant was v good, staff were helpful and pleasant, the kids adored the smoores by the fire pit every night and the hotel is dog-friendly so we had fun meeting lots of new canine friends. It is one block from the beach and near all the restaurants in the town. We did have a yappy doggy neighbor one night but it wasn't a major nuisance. All in all a fun hotel that I would recommend.

Dear PMPhilly,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! We loved having your group in house for the soccer tournament over the past few weeks! I'd like to apologize about the noise issue that you experienced during your stay. It is hotel policy that pets are not to be left unattended in the rooms as it can cause noise issues like this. Please let me know if there is anything that i can do when we see you back again! Please shoot me an E-mail, i'd love to hear from you.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed over Memorial Day weekend with my kids (girl, 9 & boy 7). Walking distance to EVERYTHING. Staff very friendly and genuinely happy to help. The 1st night got away from us so decided to order room service, expecting "typical" hotel room service. Not the case... Was so impressed with quality and taste decided to have dinner Saturday on property at "Zimzala" (Hotel restaurant/lounge). Had the mussels as appetizer (Must have) and Rack of Lamb, which was cooked to perfection!!! The barlounge is definitely up to speed with back bar and craft spirit program. "Well done"!
"Talented" Chef Roy introduced himself and was very personable. Restaurant Manager, Ian was attentive and interactive with the kids. Great Staff, Great Hotel!

AS

Room Tip: Stayed with 2 kids. Our Junior Suite worked out perfectly.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mike R, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Andrew S,

Thank you so much for this sick review about Zimzala! Chef Roy is like a mad scientist always coming up with new and edgy dishes! We recently updated our dinner menu with a revamped Scottish Salmon that is KILLER! I'll be sure to pass this awesome review on to our Food and Beverage team! Thank you so much! Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Very clean and modern. Valet parking is $27 a day. Easy walk across PCH to get to beach and pier. On Tuesday they have a nice street fair and farmers market with live music. Lots of shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Restaurant onsite was very good. Enjoyed the cheese plate for a nice afternoon snack. Cost $15 with three cheeses, nuts, honey, grapes. Very good. No bathtub in our room. Walk in shower. Robe and little balcony. Coffee in room. Enjoy!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear LindaKayC,

Thank you so much for this awesome review about our property! I'll be sure to pass on your warm regards about our cheese plate to our head chef. Within the next few months we are revamping our in room amenities! Surf City Nights on Tuesdays are always a hit as well with our guests! Looking forward to hearing back from you real soon!!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a great Hotel. My wife and I stayed there for 2 days and had a great time enjoying Huntington Beach. Right across the street from the dock and beach. We rented beach cruisers for a day and rode up and down the beach. Really relaxing, great atmosphere, quite. The drinks at the bar are a little pricy, but other than that I liked everything about it. Oh and the parking is really expensive (I hate to pay to park), but it's that way most everywhere in town.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room. We didn't pay for a beach view, but we had a side view from our room a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mike R, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Parkhad,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! Super stoked you had a chance to spend two days in Huntington Beach. Rule number 8 on our "ten ways to survive Huntington Beach" is that there is no free parking in Huntington Beach. Sounds like you've had an awesome time and i'm looking forward to having you back to improve upon your previous experience!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've stayed at a bunch of Joie de Vivre Hotels and I would say this was not my favorite hotel in their collection. The location is awesome. Its right across the road from the beach and the pier. However it is kind of a hotel in a shopping area. It doesn't have a cool niche feel to it, but more of a cookie cutter spot.

My room was clean and well appointed. However, the room was pretty small and had a balcony but it faced inward so the room has absolutely no view. Get a room with a view otherwise go shopping for another hotel room. Parking is a bit confusing and frankly expensive. I am not sure I'd go back without a waterfront view and then even if you had it, I suspect street noise would be a problem since the main road separates the hotel from the beach.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view, don't be too low because it is a busy area.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear binsight,

Thank you so much for this review of our property! I'd like to first apologize that Shorebreak wasn't the experience that you were looking for. Based upon the geography of the hotel, we do need to have some rooms that face inward. Believe me, if every room could we waterfront i'd much prefer that. I'd like to invite you back to perhaps take advantage of one of our waterfront view rooms! Please shoot me an E-mail when you decide to come back, and i'd be more than happy to look into an upgrade for you so you can truly get the Shorebreak experience. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Pasea Hotel & Spa
Pasea Hotel & Spa
#5 of 21 in Huntington Beach
5 mi away
SpringHill Suites Huntington Beach Orange County
SpringHill Suites Huntington Bea...
#9 of 21 in Huntington Beach
#15 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#5 of 23 in Laguna Beach

Been to Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel? Share your experiences!