“Hotel in and amazing location with great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel

Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Huntington Beach
“Hotel in and amazing location with great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Great location near bars and shops, and our room had an ocean view. There is a cute courtyard compelete with fire pits and ping ping table. Had a great stay - thanks to the incredible staff, particularly the manager Mike.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike R, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Loves2travelcoolplaces,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review!!!! I want to thank you for taking the time out to include me in your review of our property! i'm super glad you had a great time and i'm really excited to see you back soon! Please reach out to me if you need anything at all!

Thank you so much!!!
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Wonderful hotel with a great location across from Huntington Pier and in the heart of shopping and dining. The staff was incredibly helpful, with the lone exception - the valets. I traveled with college-age kids and they especially loved the hotel. We had oceanfront rooms and it was well worth the price. In fact, one of the rooms was a corner room with a large balcony from which we could lounge and watch the sunset. In the evenings, there is a wonderful courtyard with firepits for making smores or just relaxing. Only problems were the lack of microwaves in the rooms, extra fee for wifi and parking. I would have been happy to spend the entire vacation here if it wasn't already booked for the remainder of our stay.

Room Tip: If you have the extra money, it pays to get an oceanfront room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol M
Dear Carol M,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! I want to apologize for the valet service you experienced during your stay. Please shoot me an E-mail, i'd love to hear more about your experience. Other than that, i'm really happy you enjoyed your time at Shorebreak. I'm looking forward to seeing you back soon! Talk to you soon!

Pacifica, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband, service dog, and myself stayed at the Shorebreak from May 28th 2014 to June 2nd 2014. We ended up arriving very late on May 28th and a young man (whom I believe was named Cody) helped get us checked in. He was very nice although very soft spoken. My husband and I had to lean in to hear him. My husband asked about parking and the young man mentioned that he parks on the residential streets daily and never has a problem. It seemed to work out perfect for us until on our last day we ended up with a $44 parking ticket. No where on the street did it say no parking so needless to say it made us a little upset.

The room was spacious, clean and well decorated. The bathroom was HUGE and I enjoyed soaking in the gigantic bath tub. With a tub like that it would have been nice to have some bubbles along with the other toiletry items. I enjoyed the double shower head shower. It did take me a little while to get used to a shower with no door due to the cold air that would circulate the shower. The only downside about the bathroom is that the fan ran 24/7 with no way to turn it off. I understand that it may be needed due to moisture from being a beach hotel but if you have trouble sleeping this might be a problem.

On that same note; because the hotel is in a shopping location Saturday evenings can be loud. We were exhausted from active days so it did not keep us awake.

The bed was very comfortable and the down comforter was perfect. We also had 6 fluffy pillows on the bed that made it great to cuddle in. I enjoy reading before bed every night and was excited to see two wall lamps on each side of the bed. I was disappointed to see that I practically had to stand to turn the light on and off. I would recommend a side lamp or a switch lower to the night stand.

Everyone on staff was very nice. Even when walking through the lobby, the hostess at the restaurant would say hello.

The room did come with a desk and ethernet cable which I thought would be great for doing some minor work. Until I realized it was $14 a day for internet. For the price we paid for the room I thought it was a little crazy to have to pay for wifi. If you don't want to provide wifi to everyone on the street, make it a secure login and provide the password to guests.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike R, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Kristen B,

Thank you so much for this review. Its with constant feedback like this we are able to greatly improve our guest services in the future. I'd like to first extend my deepest apologizes over the miss communication about parking. The only parking we can guarantee is with our Valet team. There is street parking available as well however during our busy season we generally do not like to recommend it. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed other aspects of our property during your stay. If you need anything at all, and are planning on coming back to Huntington Beach soon, i'd love to hear from you! Please shoot me an E-mail at mransom@communehotels.com. Looking forward to hearing from you!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We wanted a hotel that was was right in the thick of things while in Huntington Beach…and we got that at the ShoreBreak! Perfect location…walking distance to Main Street, the pier, facing the beach - quick walk across PCH and you are there!
The hotel is hip, friendly and customer oriented. Valet parking convenient (quick service in & out). Yes, there is a charge - but more reasonable then other hotels in the area!
ShoreBreak is small enough to feel intimate and relaxed…but has all of the amenities you need to have a great stay (excellent restaurant, bar, courtyard, room svc).
Tips: rent a bike and store it overnite at the hotel - much easier to get around! Bike the path by the beach….spend a day relaxing on the beach with the locals…the ShoreBreak will provide chairs & beach towels! Next time we are in town, we will stay at the ShoreBreak!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike R, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear andiamo101,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! It sounded like you had an awesome trip! Looking forward to your next visit so we can expand upon your experiences! See ya soon!

Long Beach Island NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We spent an extended weekend at Shorebreak and walked away very pleased. The location is this boutique's best selling point. Literally a half a block away from the beach and an amazing pier. The hotel is also surrounded by chill shopping and restaurants. Service was also very good. I would suggest opting for a partial beach view because the views are amazing. Valet parking is pricey. The lounge was also very respectable with good food and drinks overlooking the street below. Our room had two double beds and was very spacious. You could rent a bike for the day for only $20 which is cheaper than the local businesses. Check out is noon and for an extra 99 smackers they extend it to 6:00 pm . I own the fact that I'm a hotel snob and have to give this place a thumbs up!

If I was being picky....

The TV and its operating system for a lack of a better word seems a bit antiquated, but we weren't in the room a whole bunch...

Room Tip: Opt for a partial beach view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike R, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear HolidayLuvin,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! I'm super stoked that you got to experience all the different amenities that Shorebreak has to offer. I'd like to apologize that our Lodgenet interface isn't up to standards. We are in negotiations about an upgrade to our television services to better suit our guests. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My friend and I planned to stay at the Shorebreak for two nights, and we loved it so much we ended up staying a third night. The location is perfect- right next to all the stores, restaurants and most importantly the beach/pier. I recommend getting a room with a view of the ocean, that's what we had and it was absolutely gorgeous. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The staff were nice and helpful. Timmy at the front desk checked us in and upgraded us to a shorefront room- he was super nice and gave us a bunch of recommendations on places to eat/visit...definitely made our trip that much better! Bar was good- forgot the bartenders name but he was very social and polite to us. Great drinks. Fitness room was clean and had a good amount of machines to choose from. Loved the Shorebreak, hope to stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: Get a oceanfront room!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lona S,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! I'll be sure to give this review to Timmy so he can read it too! From what it sounded like, it seems like you had the perfect Shorebreak experience! I'm looking forward to seeing you next time so we can recreate this awesome time!

Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here with my 2 kids while at a soccer tournament in nearby Anaheim - we had a great time. The room was a nice size (2 large queen beds, separated by a wall), restaurant was v good, staff were helpful and pleasant, the kids adored the smoores by the fire pit every night and the hotel is dog-friendly so we had fun meeting lots of new canine friends. It is one block from the beach and near all the restaurants in the town. We did have a yappy doggy neighbor one night but it wasn't a major nuisance. All in all a fun hotel that I would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear PMPhilly,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! We loved having your group in house for the soccer tournament over the past few weeks! I'd like to apologize about the noise issue that you experienced during your stay. It is hotel policy that pets are not to be left unattended in the rooms as it can cause noise issues like this. Please let me know if there is anything that i can do when we see you back again! Please shoot me an E-mail, i'd love to hear from you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 22 in Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
#7 of 17 in Newport Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,313 reviews

Been to Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel? Share your experiences!