Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Huntington Surf Inn(Huntington Beach)
Great 4.5/5
Huntington Beach Inn(Huntington Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Sun 'n' Sands Motel(Huntington Beach)
Good 3.5/5
Pasea Hotel & Spa(Huntington Beach)
  • Beachfront
Huntington Suites(Huntington Beach)
  • Pool
Best Western Surf City(Huntington Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Rodeway Inn(Huntington Beach)
View Hotel
Beach Inn Motel(Huntington Beach)
1,217 results
All reviewswine houracross the streetping pongdog beachdog friendly hotellaid backperfect locationwalk in showerhotel restaurantocean viewshopping and restaurantshuge bathroomfront desk staffloved this hotelvalet parkingbeach chairsmain st
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

His place just feels So Cal all the way. Prime location with great access to Huntington Beach, the pier and shopping. Restaurants all over this area but the hotels restaurant is great too. Rooms are small but offer fun things like bean bags. The bathrooms are large with a great shower.

Stayed: August 2014
Mike R, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear TruckeeTroutTraveler,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! Super glad you enjoyed the bean bags in the room. Here at Shorebreak, we try to establish a fun, upbeat, and edgy vibe! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a night Super Bowl weekend for the Surf City Marathon. We live close to Huntington Beach, but far enough away where we never go there. The valet parking was a bad initial first impression as they seemed understaffed given the large amount people checking in for the race. However, once we got upstairs it was much better. Staff was super friendly. Room was nice and we had a decent view for once. We never get a good view. Location really can't be beat as it is across the street from the beach right in the thick of the restaurants and shops. Another feather in the cap for a Joie de Vivre hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OtterPuffin
Mike R, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear ecole421,

Thank you so much for this awesome review. With feedback like this, we are better able to improve our guest service. The Surf City Marathon is one of our peak days out of the season. Each and every year is a learning experience, and we are better equipped for next year. I'm super stoked that you got a nice room this time around! Please shoot me an E-mail upon your next stay, and i'd be more than happy to see if i can put you in the same room as last time!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I'm reading these reviews on Shorebreak and I cannot understand why anyone would have a negative thing to say about this wonderful hotel. Over the years my girlfriend and I have stayed here a handful of times and we have never been let down. Location is perfect, staff is always friendly, and the restaurant is always delicious. We just stayed there a couple weeks ago and had no complaints. Yes, it is pricy, and yes, you have to pay for parking, but this is the norm for all beach hotels of this caliber. My girlfriend and I love the hotel so much that I plan on surprising her with a marriage proposal on our 7 year anniversary in mid August. Depending on budget restraints we may have to cut our vacation plans a little shorter than I would like, but nothing will stop me from proposing our favorite hotel, in our favorite city. I have already spoken Timmy from the front desk about my proposal through email, and he is helping me plan this special occasion. Thank you Shorebreak, you are a perfect 10 each visit!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelBound1234

Dear TravelBound1234,

Wow. What an awesome review! Thank you for taking the time out to leave us a nice warm fuzzy on our Tripadvisor! I'm super excited for your special day, and with Timmy taking care of you, everything should go over flawless! Let me know if you need any additional assistance, i'll be sure to take care of you as well! Thank you so much, looking forward to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great location, beautiful hip hotel! I visited this hotel on a business trip and was very happy with the service from the moment I pulled up. Extremely beautiful! Beach is right across the street! Don't hesitate to book!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear PoshCGR,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! Super glad you had fun on your business trip this time around! Looking forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Shorebreak Hotel was a nice place to meet up with family members who were traveling a long distance to attend a funeral. It allowed us an exciting atmosphere to unwind from a serious occasion ... The valet parking was quick, efficient, and careful with the trucks one of which was a brand new one ton Dodge which made us a little nervous to let someone else drive but they were very careful and parked it with plenty of room so as to not get it scratched or dinged! This in it self was a bit of a stress relief. For our stay the trucks remained parked in the garage as they were not needed because within walking distance were many restaurants, bars, and shops of all kinds. Not to mention the beach right across the street. The rooms were a bit small but clean and quiet! Outside there was all kinds of action from wedding parties to young beach going people but when you closed the door and windows it was a quiet peaceful rest.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Grant C

Dear Grant C,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! I'll be sure to pass this one along to our Valet staff. I am looking forward to your next stay here with us. Please get in contact with me, so i can help improve upon your previous experience. Thank you so much.