“GO SOMEWHERE ELSE”

Oceanview Motel
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Huntington Beach
“GO SOMEWHERE ELSE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

This place was horrible, the lady working check in was rude and the parking lot is tiny. There is no view of the ocean, the room was disgusting, it smelled musty and the Walls had chipped paint all over, the mirror looked like someone took a razor blade to it, there is constant loud traffic noise literally all night. Don't plan on getting visitors to your rm because the rude lady will charge you extra, if the room is messy when you leave, they'll charge you extra. Trust me GO SOMEWHERE ELSE probably the worst hotel I have ever been too

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank blah567

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cave Creek, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed here because it was the least expensive place near the beach. We were told, by the owner, that they are "steps from the beach." In reality they are a half mile walk from the beach. Our room was on the third floor, so we did have a view of the ocean between houses across PCH. That is a very busy road and the noise was pretty loud until very late at night.

Because the address is Huntington Beach, we had difficult finding this place. It is actually on the edge of Huntington Beach and Sunset Beach. There is a long, high wall across the PCH from the Ocean View that eliminates any hope of a view from the ground or second floor. It is this same LONG wall that requires guests to walk blocks to the nearest traffic light, cross the PCH and then walk two blocks to the beach.

There is a lot of deferred maintenance visible at this place. Newspaper stuffed into areas around the railings on the stairs, paint peeling, and the elevator was not working. The male owner was fixing it when we were there. Sure hope he is a licensed elevator repairman. We climbed a lot of stairs during our three day stay.

The room was clean, small, and fairly functional. We found the bed to be comfortable. When we made our reservation on Travelocity, we requested extra pillows. That was not taken care of when we arrived.

The female owner was in the office and she proceeded to lecture us on how life should be lived. Since we are over 50, it was rather offensive. Then her children decided to help us carry our luggage up to the third floor. They took the very light items and we took our heavy suitcases. Each child was given a tip. The owner's youngest child said, "That's all?" We laughed it off, but it was a turn-off. Children will be children, but...still.

When the motel has a good number of guests, there is not enough parking in their parking lot to accommodate all of the guest's vehicles. We had to wait for someone to leave our second night, just so we could park for the night. There were two large commercial vehicles parked in three parking places the entire time we were there. Not sure if they pay the owners to park there, but the guests could use those spots.

They advertise free WIFI. The reality was that you get 15 minutes free. After that you must pay to be a member of the internet provider they use. Good thing we were not on a working vacation. That would have been VERY upsetting. This trip it was just annoying.

Only two bath towels were provided. When we asked for an extra towel, the female owner made a snide remark about it and we had to go down to the first floor to get it.

The soaps were nice. They are all natural and have a great scent. We appreciated that.

Be aware that they have old fashioned in-room air conditioning units. They are loud and added to the racket of the traffic on PCH.

Yes, the room was only $80, compared to the over $120 per night of other places in the area. Will we be staying here again? Definitely not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor so you do have a view of the ocean. But honestly...stay somewhere...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sherri L

Travellers are raving about these Huntington Beach hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I came to "Huntington" (the motel WAS NOT in Huntington, nor was it in view of the ocean) to meet up with a group of girlfriends, only 2 of us were staying in the motel. Yes we are 19 and 20 but had no intention of being rowdy and partying, especially in that small dump. Upon arrival the owner was incredibly rude to me, did not believe me about the number of guests staying in the room so proceeded to take it upon herself to walk out to our car and examine how many people were in it. Because I'm young she tried to nickel and dime me with anything she could. She then called my MOTHER to confirm the number of girls staying. Before leaving to settle in the room her last comment to me was "NO PARTYING". I feel as if something along the lines of "enjoy your stay" would have been more appropriate.

After that little experience we had been sitting on the idea of staying else where. We headed to the beach to relax and think about it. After an hour, we decided we wanted to cancel our 2 night reservation. On our walk back to the motel, my mother called me furious, a total of 550 dollars had been withdrawn out of our account, over drawing it and causing an extra 30 dollar fee. Only 350 should have been taken out. The extra 200 was a HOLDING feeI, meaning it should not have been officially charged unless damage was done in some sort to the room. I went in to discuss cancellation fees and to try and resolve the over draft issue. The lady who I dealt with prior told me I had to pay full price, meaning I would receive zero money back to cancel my reservation. SHE LIED and then had the nerve to tell me I had to go through booking.com about my holding fees, and that she had no control over the charges made. That's complete bull crap considering she is the one who swiped my card.

I did as she said and called booking.com. Had an excellent experience with whomever I spoke to and was re informed that I do in fact receive 150 dollars back from canceling my reservation and that they have no control over my credit card. After a 2 hour argument back and forth with the owner and her lies to steal my money, she finally offered to give me my refund. I told her I would be letting everyone know of the awful experience I had at her motel. At that minute she walked away yelling she wasn't giving any of my money back and she was calling the cops on me for "threatening her". I refused to leave without my refund and reminded her that that would be stealing my money. Her decision on calling the cops quickly changed. I told her our credit card company would be in contact about a full refund, considering we hadn't even stepped foot in the room and her attempt to withhold my money from me.

On my way out I was able to stop a couple from checking in and I'm here to do the same for you! The place is filthy, she had her children cleaning the rooms, a bag of towels were open and strayed across the parking lot and the WORST customer service I have ever received. DO NOT stay at this motel. It is not worth the price nor the attitude. I typically would give someone the benefit of the doubt but this woman was a liar and will tell you anything to keep your money!! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!

• Stayed July 2013
9 Thank sadierisley
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

We also booked on Priceline and did not even get into the room. No office staff for 20 minutes, then when we spoke w/office staff they were rude. Was not given a refund either. Be smart and do not stay here. the scenery is not what you think......shame on you Oceanview Motel.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank frances b
Denver,Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed here based on suggestions from family members. When we arrived they had just purchased a new key system and had not learned how to make keys so they finally got us a key that worked. The phones did not work and we were not able to contact the other family members staying at the hotel. We were put on a bottom floor with a view of the street. The room smelled of smoke and there was a microwave thrown onto a chair in the corner of the room. The hotel is right on a very busy street and the noise lasted all night. There were no views of the ocean from any floor and it was 2 blocks to the beach across the busy highway. It was within walking distance of some restaurants but they did not look very inviting. The hotel was a long way from Huntington Beach and in fact was on the edge of sunset beach. At 1AM 6 people checked in to the room next to ours and the stereo was cranked all night and rocked the walls. There were people streaming in and out of the room all night and yelling outside of our window despite several request to keep it down. We called the front desk and they did nothing. All 6 were smoking inside and outside of the room. We had reserved 3 nights and only lasted 1. We will not return and could not recommend this to any friends.

Room Tip: Not sure there is one but try to get 3rd floor and at least the noise will not echo off the walls.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank scryan7371
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Very rude staff, had an emergency trying to reach some family staying here and staff wouldnt even give us their room # so had to drive 2 hrs to get to them instead of just calling and having them head home. Very disappointed and upset with the staff!!!!!!!! Very RUDE PEOPLE

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank yolomags
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

Kind of loud from traffic found a bug in our bedding a cockroach i think and our room was cleaned late like 4 pm and after funding that bug done cleaning and setting up new bedding at 8 pm with no discount or anything. I wont stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank angelgirl66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
Travelodge Ocean Front
Travelodge Ocean Front
#9 of 22 in Huntington Beach
BEST WESTERN Harbour Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Harbour Inn & Suite...
#7 of 22 in Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 22 in Huntington Beach
#6 of 22 in Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach Inn
Huntington Beach Inn
#12 of 22 in Huntington Beach

Been to Oceanview Motel? Share your experiences!