“You get what u pay 4”

Tempe, Arizona
“You get what u pay 4”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

good points-bed,location,price,towels,minimally clean,good parking,

bad points-light didn't work above sink,flat screen too small,bathroom clean but tiny,traffic noise when u open window,hard to find,

Room Tip: close to seal beach,charge for checkout after 11 am
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oldbluedog65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I was reading information on Hotels.com, Expedia.com etc regarding this Motel. I called the Motel directly to inquire about "Mandatory" Cleaning Fees $300 listed on the booking websites. Front office person was rude, argumentative, continuously cut me off, and would not listen to my questions. I finally asked her if she wanted me to just book and stay somewhere else instead of discussing it further. She claims I was looking at One (1) bad review, I stated I was not looking at a review but looking at the actual reservation booking sites of Hotels.com and Expedia.com fine print. One bad review does not bother me, it could have been a bad day for that person. However, exhorbitant "Mandatory" fees listed on the reservation booking websites does bother me. Please be cautious about booking this motel. I have stayed here in the past in 2013 with no issues or problems, but if things have changed then I will reconsider and maybe stay elsewhere.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Karen L

Travellers are raving about these Huntington Beach hotels

Lexington
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I booked at the last minute on Travelocity noting this was a 3 star hotel with an Ocean View. This place is a dump. The room smelled terrible, the orange "spa" (in the bathroom that had only 1 dim light bulb working) was something out of the mid seventies. I wore my flip flops to shower, but would no more sit in that bacteria ridden jacuzzi than I would in a sewer. The furniture was broken and there was a gap in the door that could allow all sorts of creepy crawlers in. Ocean View? Hardly.

Just don't.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Littleodelady
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for our anniversary. Good place to stay if your not expected extravagant. The people who checked us in/out were nice. The do how ever need a new maid, the shower had dirty spots. Other then that it was okay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Horrible staff, stay away, rude and unprofessional. When i quoted lady the hotel room price she asked for how many people, I replied 2, but she didn't believe me and went to look at the car I was driving. Really? I look up the price online and it was cheaper than what they quoted me in person, so I said it's ok I'll just book it online. They say go ahead and try. While I was booking it on smart phone they have increased it online as well. I mean they have changed it right in front of me, like I couldn't see what they were doing.
So I stayed at the hotel next door.
Too bad for them.

Room Tip: at the other hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dmitri85
Cave Creek
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Wow...what a poor excuse for lodging. They, of course, put a hold on our charge card when we checked in for "incidentals". Except there are no "incidentals." No pay channels on the tv, no in-room bar...nothing extra is offered, yet they take the money and hold it. There was a little dish holding a few dubious-appearing candies in our room and I made certain to photograph it upon arrival in the event they claimed we took any of them.
The room was Spartan. The toilet paper was...get this...MADE IN CHINA. That about sums it up here...except for the fact that it is not a short walk to the beach.
The first place you can cross the Pacific Highway is over .35 miles away and another .4 miles to the beach.
The elevator was out of service and the husband-owner had pieces and tools all over the second floor landing and appeared very frustrated, not to mention unfriendly.
His kids offered to help us with our baggage and then asked for FIFTY DOLLARS. Geesh!
This is the THIRD WORST hotel/motel I have ever experienced.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank MarcusCaveCreek
Vancouver
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights, was a bit noisy cuz right by the highway but quite clean and well maintained.
There is an elevator, which is nice when you have a big suitcase and your room is on the 3rd floor!
No oceanview! But at least it's only a quick drive to the laundromat or a grocery store, which is always nice for travelers. On another hand it's pretty far from LA.
In general it was pretty ok, you don't expect a 4 stars when you book a motel but it was pretty good and fair, the microwave coffee maker and fridge come really handy too

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
Travelodge Ocean Front
Travelodge Ocean Front
#9 of 22 in Huntington Beach
Best Western Harbour Inn & Suites
Best Western Harbour Inn & Suite...
#7 of 22 in Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 22 in Huntington Beach
#6 of 22 in Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach Inn
Huntington Beach Inn
#13 of 22 in Huntington Beach

Been to Oceanview Motel? Share your experiences!