Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Pasea Hotel & Spa(Huntington Beach)
US$402
US$321
paseahotel.com
  • Pool
Best Western Harbour Inn & Suites(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$155
US$301
US$264
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Ocean Surf Inn & Suites(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$317
US$250
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
SpringHill Suites Huntington Beach Orange County(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
US$191
  • Breakfast included
US$128
US$112
ComfortSuites
Best Western Surf City(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$133
BestWestern.com
Sun 'n' Sands Motel(Huntington Beach)
Huntington Surf Inn(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
US$247
Agoda.com
3,825 results
All reviewswater slideskids poolwatertable restaurantpizza placeprivate bridgepedestrian bridgemain poolwater tablegrounds are beautifulvalet parkingper dayfire pitbeautiful hotelocean viewrent bikesgreat for familiesfamily vacation
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This place is huge. I stayed here in December during a cold snap and really enjoyed my stay even though it was to cold to take advantage of the pool, outdoor lounge areas, etc.My room was at the far end of the resort and was a bit of a hike to the lobby -- not a problem for me but be sure to ask where your room is before you get settled. I got upgraded to an enormous corner suite that had an outside balcony with seating for four, large living room with wet bar, separate king bedroom, and large bath with whirlpool. Very nice.Large and well-equipped gym came in handy when it was too cold to run (30's). Ran one morning on the Strand directly across from the hotel -- beautiful. My one nit is that there are no stairways up the five stories (other than enclosed exits at the far end of the halls), meaning you have to wait for elevators even if you are only going up three floors. Also, valet-only parking was a bit expensive but pretty fast. Otherwise, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask to be close to the lobby if you hate walking.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rahsaan
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had such an amazing stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff.
At Hyatt we pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and superior service and we thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach for your trip to Surf City USA. We sincerely hope that you are able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

This location is by far the best so cal location I have stayed at. As a frequent commuter to LA for business I go to a lot of so cal area hotels. This is by far the best one. Everything that is said about the property is true. I had a view of the ocean and complimentary breakfast thrown in for a very reasonable price. Great location for a quick trip to Disneyland or up and down the 101. Finally it is also a great family place with tons of stuff for kids. Go in June...great rates.

Room Tip: all good but the view rooms for a few bucks more are worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jcrt31
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed for two nights and would come back again. The welcoming, greeting was standard and nice but not necessarily a wow factor. I stayed in a beautiful ocean view suite with 2 bathrooms and a living room. The Hyatt thinks of everything to make your stay comfortable . The room is very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable.
Pros:
Beautiful resort
Many comfy lounge areas outside to relax
Shops and restaurants on the property
Spa on property
Conference space on property
Free wifi

Opportunities:
Not enough water pressure in bathroom sink
No HD TV. I couldn't believe I was watching snow on my tv.
Restrooms throughout property especially in the ballroom areas always smelled.

Overall a wonderful place to stay. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front view. Stay by the spa if you're going to use it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JDCNECSCV
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I give the grounds and views a solid 5/5. Please see photos. The resort fee is definitely worth it. We stayed in December and the Christmas decorations are not over the top. I may even say, very minimal. Even my 10-year old mentioned it. (The Christmas decor does not cater to the whimsical imagination of children.) They do have a child's pool with slides and offer some children services and the beach is across the street.
The rooms are what you expect of a 4-star hotel. A little larger, compared to the 4-star hotel next door. Granite countertops. Tile surround in the shower/tub combo. The decor is mediterranean, more traditional than contemporary. Beds as expected were comfortable. We booked a full ocean view. It was truly a partial view in my opinion. Please see photo. They did move us in the morning to another "full ocean view" which made more sense. The rooms were slightly bigger (with double sinks in the bathroom) and we had an actual full view of the ocean. The reason I am giving a 4 is because the price seems to be a little too steep, especially if they had not moved us to a different room. Please compare photos of the first "full ocean view" room and the one we moved into.
Service during the day time was excellent. Everyone we encountered during the day was a 5-star caliber - from the bus boy, to the host, to the desk staff, housekeeping, and concierge, everyone. They went out of their way to make sure our needs were anticipated and met. The evening crew was somewhat different. They were a little bit more casual in their appearance and more reserved in offering friendly greetings or volunteering their services. Not rude, but not exceptional either. (It was like night and day - pun intended.)
We tried the food at Pete's Grille and it was marvelous! We had breakfast buffet twice and the cost was worth it ($25/adult and half for kids 5 and older). The service was impeccable.
There are also restaurants and shops that are within easy walking distance.
Overall, I might stay again during summer, when I can use the outdoor facilities and enjoy the grounds a little better. I will not book the full ocean view again, because I might be assigned something that does not look like one and at about $425 after adding taxes and resort fee per night, during the week, in winter is way too much money to gamble not getting the view and the room size I would be hoping for.

Room Tip: When booking a full ocean view room, you may want to request for the room in the main building. The full ocean view room may differ based on your location. Please see photos to compare.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I work at a five star resort out of state and have very high standards when it comes to staying and visiting resorts. Hyatt has a high standard in my mind which is why my friend and I came to the spa for a massage. I personally never had a spa treatment as I don't like people touching me. However, I thought I would go out of my comfort zone and try something new. I am VERY glad that I decided to get a massage. I got a Pacific Waters Massage and soak with Connie. I have to say her level of expertise exceeded my expectations. In fact, I learned a lot of qualities that I am going to look for when hiring new staff. Kudos to her, and I will most definitely be back again! Furthermore, the facilities were all spotless clean, and all employees were beyond friendly. Even housekeeping staff would say hello as I walked by. This particular Hyatt property exceeded my expectations, and I will be back in the near future!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple