“Would go back for sure!”

Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Huntington Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The only reason I didn't put a five for value is because I think the parking is far to expensive, and I don't like the additional resort fee you need to pay for each day.
W
My husband was there for a conference so me and the kids (7,4,2) tagged along.
The check in was fast and there were no issues. The crib was brought right up to the room with no wait. Everybody at the resort was very very friendly and helpful - from concierge, to the pool staff to the staff in the restaurants - they were all top notch. Seeing as how I had my kids with me, we spent lots of time at the pool with the three slides- which by the way, were really fun. The staff here were totally jumping at the chance to help- bringing out extra chairs, towels, food etc. Once I was overcharged for two beer I didn't get in my bucket and the guy ran immediately and got them, plus an extra one just because.
The slides were a plus for the kids- and the adults can go down them too. It gets a bit busy on the weekend though, and the lifeguard who is standing telling people when to go was a bit slow- as in, if she was really watching what was going on, people could have been moved a lot quicker.
R
We ate breakfast at water table- huevos rancheros were sooooo fantastic. Their eggs Benny was very good as well. The kids ate the buffet for free which was great. We ate dinner at Petes sunset grill twice and that was very good- fun atmosphere too.
Pizza from tower 15 was pretty good. Really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: May 2014
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had such an amazing stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff.
At Hyatt we pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and superior service and we thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach for your trip to Surf City USA. We sincerely hope that you are able to visit us again soon.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,752)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

First, you should decide whether Huntington is the right beach for you. Compared to other Orange County beaches, it has a youthful and unpretentious vibe, mostly low- to mid-priced eateries, nonstop events (live music, craft sales, surf competitions), and a paved strand for strolling/skating/biking. The beach itself is straight and wide with typical SoCal beigy sand. If you’re looking for scenic coves and tidepools, elegant restaurants, or a hoytey-toytey atmosphere, Huntington is not for you.

But if you like a casual vacation with classy digs, you'll like the Hyatt. It has spotless, tastefully-furnished rooms, comfty beds, attractive grounds with adult & children’s pools, and a convenient bridge to the beach spanning Coast Hwy. It’s less than a mile (15-minute walk) to the pier, so you’re removed from the noise and traffic of Main Street. When you want to eat or make purchases outside the resort grounds, you could drive the 4-5 long blocks to downtown and try to find parking. But you’re on vacation, so may as well take a stroll down the strand, rent a bike, or hire a pedicab. My only complaint would be that the front desk could use more staffing and for parking you have little choice but to go valet at $35/day (those are Hawaii prices). Aside from that, everything was perfect. A bit off-topic--don’t miss the waffle sandwiches at Bruxie on 5th St!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Callejera1

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My family and I stayed at the Hyatt for 2 nights in April for Spring Break. As soon as we walked we were greeted by a spa like smell (Loved it!) in the lobby and very friendly staff. We were upgraded to an awesome, with a huge balcony, very clean, ocean view room next to the presidential suite. Not bad for an extra $25 per night, eh?! Unfortunately, we didn't use the pools as much because it was a bit chilly that week and we were exploring SoCal/Disney area. Definitely a good place to relax with the family even with younger kids. The hotel property is beautiful, 2 nights is definitely not enough.

Room Tip: Definitely ask to get upgraded to an ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife, daughter and I booked and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while visiting SoCal/Disney. I have stayed at quite a few so-called 4-5 star hotels with brand names such as Waldorf and others and I came away from this recent stay at this hotel as completely satisfied with my experience, stay and even felt that I got a great deal for what I paid. Check in went very smoothly and while I took a moment to answer a quick call my wife was attended to by a wonderful lady at the front desk that even upgraded our room to one with a view with no charge. She was very friendly and even interacted with my 2.5yr old daughter while finishing up the check in process. The room was very clean and comfortable and what you would expect from a Hyatt Hotel. I was very pleased to find out that wifi was complimentary as well as unlimited bottled water service. To me this is good as I have been nickel and dime'd by the big names before.
What I really liked about this resort is that it had THREE separate pool/jacuzzi areas through out the resort. We stayed in a room facing the main pool area w/ diagonal view of the ocean. Apart from this main Pool in the center court yard of the resort. There is a Jacuzzi only area in the next courtyard over. This area appealed to me as it appeared to be low traffic and hardly ever in use. Good place to go relax if your looking to be by yourself. At one end of the hotel there is yet another pool area that was tailored towards kids, this included a pool that was only 1.5ft deep (perfect for my 2yr old) and another that was 4.5ft deep as well as two water slides.
I was able to book a prenatal message for my wife for same day service at the spa and was very happy to find out that I also had access to the sauna, steamroom and jacuzzi even though I myself would not be receiving any spa services.
I enjoy early morning runs and this hotel did provide towels & water bottles by the area runners would use to access the beach. Another pleasant surprise is that beach chairs, umbrellas and towels were also provided at no cost to be used on the beach throughout the day.
All in all my stay here from check-in to check-out was exemplary.

Room Tip: if your looking to save money, most rooms will have a partial view of the ocean even if it's fac...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jdastas
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Upon arrival I knew I would enjoy this trip. I checked in at 12:30 in the morning and was greeting with a bright eye, cheery staff. Everyone here quickly made sure we were taken well care of. Room is accommodating if you plan on spending time in it, but if not, the view at the pools and dining were spectacular. Easy access to the beach from right inside the hotel. For lunch try the fish tacos at the Grille, they are famous for them ;)
I would give this a 5 star except that I thought the water in the shower and sink should get hotter and I kept having to ask housekeeping for items they would forget to replenish. All in all, a very pleasant trip and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great hotel, great service and awesome location. You can't ask for anything else.

There isn't anything about this hotel we didn't like, from the large rooms to the live entertainment in the courtyard to the path OVER the PCH to the beach.

The concierge filled the request of our 8 year old...not many would go that far out of their way to help a little boy, but this one did.

We stay here every time we are in HB...much better than the Hilton.

Room Tip: Request or reserve ocean view room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We've had two summertime stays here with kids & grandkids, and both stays were similar. The location is excellent with immediate access to the beach and a reasonable walk to town and the pier. Pools are very nice for kids, with good service. Food overall is good but not outstanding. The only significant shortcoming was the front desk, which can't even form a line from the groups of guests checking in, let alone stay on top of room assignments and guest requests. Overall it's a really nice SoCal beach vacation venue for families.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
Pasea Hotel & Spa
Pasea Hotel & Spa
#4 of 21 in Huntington Beach
SpringHill Suites Huntington Beach Orange County
SpringHill Suites Huntington Bea...
#9 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
#7 of 18 in Newport Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#4 of 23 in Laguna Beach
The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel
The Waterfront Beach Resort, A H...
#3 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel
Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!