“Perfect de-stress”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Walnut Creek, CA
“Perfect de-stress”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great service, beautiful property, what else do you need. This place seems perfect whether you are a couple or traveling with kids the property has everything. The weather also was perfect for the beach or the pool. Have to admit we felt sorry for the people at meetings I don't think I could have stayed inside all day

Room Tip: I don't think I would like facing the street. We had garden which was nice and quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had such an amazing stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff.
At Hyatt we pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and superior service and we thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach for your trip to Surf City USA. We sincerely hope that you are able to visit us again soon.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is located right across the street from the beach with its own private bridge that crosses over. My boyfriend and I took advantage of the free spa services that were offered every day. They had complementary coffee, tea, flavored water, and snacks that you could munch on as you relaxed in one of their robes. The spa is separated for men and women with separate luxury showers, hot tub, sauna, and steam room. The rooms were nice with really comfortable beds and we had a partial view of the ocean and overlooked one of the pools. There were multiple pools and hot tubs on the property as well. We only tried the pizza restaurant on the property, but it was really good and had good prices. We could of spent the whole trip in the hotel, but the main pier was just a short walk away from the hotel. One of the days we rented bikes from the hotel for the day and cruised down the beach. It seemed like a better ride going north. That night there was a farmers market going on on the main strip by Huntington Pier. There were many great restaurants and clothing stores within walking distance. The only downside was that you have to do valet parking and it was pretty expensive. We left some stuff in the car and the valet had to go get it for us. It was a pain. We will definitely go back though.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bridgiewig

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We really loved our stay at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Hotel. Room was very spacious, grounds were gorgeous, amenities plentiful. Specially liked the spa and easy beach access. Staff was very friendly and helpful. My reservation was for a room with a king size bed, but I wanted 2 queens. Not only they accommodated us (on Mother's Day weekend none the less!) in a room with 2 queen size beds, they allowed us to check in at 10am, which let us take advantage of the amenities even more!
Yes, there are extra fees: $35 for (valet) parking - there is no self parking; $25 resort fee... But once there we realized that all the extras we were getting made it all worth it.
My only con is the bed, it was sagging.... not to my liking at all.
I would recommend to anyone and go back to this hotel immediately if I could!!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 3435, above the spa. No special view. But it was a very good room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

It has a great location and access to the beach. It is overpriced for a hotel that has old rooms and corridors that need refurbishing. The beds, furniture and bathrooms are outdated. I forgot my wedding ring on the night table before leaving in the morning. When I came back it was gone. If you're staying here don't l accidently leave any sort of valuable goods or else they will go missing.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Reem A
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Reem A,

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa. It was disappointing to learn you felt the room was less than exceptional. moreover, that a wedding ring was lost during your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance regarding your loss. Just the same, please accept my apology on behalf of our team for falling short of your expectations, as well as our own. Your input will certainly help us continue to improve the level of service an product provided to our guests.

La Habra, California, United States
Reviewed 11 May 2014

You car must be valet parked here and its also really expensive. Rooms are ok, but for the price, they could be better. Called one night to get extra pillows and towels. 30 minutes later we're handed a sheet and blanket and 2 pillows. The little grocery store that has coffee and pastries is a rip off. $5.99 for a greasy, cold breakfast sandwich and $6 for a bad strawberry smoothie. You're better off driving to Starbucks up the street and getting coffee. The crowd staying here is somewhat arrogant. The exercise room was really nice! I didn't go swimming because it wasn't warm outside. The iron provided in the room was broken and after 45 minutes a new one was delivered. The guy who delivered it said they break all the time. If the break alot, why not invest in better irons? Room service is overpriced and has an ok selection. If you go off property, you can find places alot better and cheaper. I've been to better hotels and don't think is worth the price.

2 Thank Paige F
Dear Paige F,

We appreciate your feedback from your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa in May. It was unfortunate that you felt the value of certain services and amenities were poor and not in keeping with a quality experience. Your feedback regarding the iron in the guestroom was much appreciated and please know that your comments help us to improve the level of service and offering the resort provides. We realize you have a choice to make when traveling and hope that you will give us another opportunity at some point in the future.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I suppose if I tried to nitpick I ~might~ be able to find something slightly wrong..... nope, there was nothing wrong with our stay! Everyone was lovely and friendly and so eager to please and make sure our stay was excellent. It was! I was so impressed with the friendly staff, from the valet, bellhop, check in, room service and pool side service. I am always the first one to complain about anything but I had nothing to complain about.

We had a two queen bed room which was very spacious including a small entryway with a table. It was a perfect space to drop off your purse and take off your shoes.

I spent every day at the kids pool and the waiters at Shubees were very anxious to please. They even tracked down an umbrella when I asked them too and set it up. It was so easy to set up a tab and not have to worry about paying for each item.

Room service was even more attentive. They always repeated my request back to me to ensure I received what I ordered. I had two children with me and the first night I was trying to find something from the kids menu that my kids would eat. With help from the room service server he was able to find something for each of my kids that wasn't even on the menu!

This brings me to the menu prices. I have been to a Hilton at the Seattle airport that charges easily twice as what the Hyatt charges. Every day out at the pool they had $7 drink specials. Room service prices were incredibly reasonable. I think we ordered room service at least once a day whether it be breakfast or dinner. The first night we were so tired so we ordered a sandwich with fries, chicken strips and fries (for my 7 year old daughter) and plain pasta with parmesan cheese on the side (for my 9 year old son), My parents split the same sandwich that I ordered. It was so yummy and there was toooooo much food! Even though my daughter has a voracious appetite she left three chicken stripes, That combined with the side salad that came with his mean actually made a 5th meal! Nearly every breakfast we ordered room service and again, they delivered it with a smile and everyone was all perfection!

If I had to nitpick I would have to say that the bathroom sink didn't drain properly. That is the ONLY thing I could think of it. I had my husband fix it that night away and we were able to use it normally. I could go on and on and on about how wonderful everything was!

Room Tip: I'm not sure if we were upgraded but our room had a view of the ocean from sitting outside for a...

Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I am truly disappointed in this hotel. The only thing that makes it nice is that it is across the street from the beach. You MUST valet park your car @ $34 a night. Our room was okay but nothing too spectacular. The Guest Services book with the hotel information and room service menu looked like someone had thrown up on it and it took well over an hour to get a clean one. To get our room cleaned, we had been out of the room all day and at 2:30 p.m returned to the room to see housekeeping leaving. To our shock when we entered our room it had not been cleaned. We asked the housekeeper why and was told it was not on the list to clean. Really! So a good rant phone call to the front desk got us our room cleaned finally. Then I was going to iron a shirt for dinner and low and behold the iron doesn't work! So another call to the front desk for one that works (that finally arrived when I was walking out the door to dinner). The water pressure in the bathroom sink was so low I could hardly rinse the toothpaste out of my toothbrush. The nice lighted make-up mirror on the wall, well that didn't work either.

The grounds were nice and food and drinks are what to be expected of a resort - a bit expensive.

They did have beach cruisers to rent @ $12 an hour which was reasonable compared to on the beach rental.

The best part was the $3.00 per person shuttle ride to Main Street from the hotel. Called them and the came and picked us up at no additional charge.

No I would not stay here again but it was an enjoyable anniversary and Mother's Day get away.

Room Tip: Chose a west facing room for sunset
Green Features: Didn't know they had any practices in place at the hotel
Dear Nancy F,

Thank you for your feedback! It was disappointing to learn you will not venture back to the resort and that you felt the value was not in keeping with the services provided. On behalf of our 750 associates, we apologize that your experience was nothing short of exceptional. We do hope that at some point you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to restore your faith in Hyatt. Thank you again for your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
#5 of 17 in Newport Beach
Island Hotel Newport Beach
Island Hotel Newport Beach
#2 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!