“Beautiful and kid friendly family hotel”

Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Huntington Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
La Jolla, California
“Beautiful and kid friendly family hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

The grounds of the hotel are beautiful. The rooms are tastefully decorated. The pool area with water slides for kids and smores packages are great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Room service was delicious!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had such an amazing stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff.
At Hyatt we pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and superior service and we thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach for your trip to Surf City USA. We sincerely hope that you are able to visit us again soon.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nieuwerbrug, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stay in hotels regularly, mostly for business. I can truly say that when it comes to holiday stays, I am very picky and want this to be enjoyable and with the highest level of comfort and service. This Hyatt resort is an example of a place where all this comes together: direct access to one if the best beaches in the world, 2 pools and 2 hot whirlpools, sauna, gym, restaurants and bars on the premises and great roomy and comfortable rooms ( free wifi for up to 6 devices). Service is impeccable and we all felt like we were treated as true VIPs.

The hotel is walking distance from downtown HB, but there is also a shuttle for USD 3 roundtrip should you need it. Surf boards, lesson etc can all be booked at the hotel, although we rented at HSS in HB as this is a better deal ( and Java coffee serves the best muffins and coffee in town!).

Downsides? It all comes at a price, even parking is not included and is valet only. But it is a special place and the fact that we are here for the 4th time for a week of holiday is a testimony to the fact that we have fallen in love with this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a level 1 room, best around one of the pools
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Why am I am befuddled? Because this was my 12th trip to this resort since it opened in 2003 and I still encountered some of the same problems. First, on a positive note, let me say that the grounds are beautiful and well-maintained, the staff is very friendly and accommodating, the resort is pet friendly and I am usually upgraded to a nice suite if available. On a negative note, you would think that after 11 prior stays the hotel would have a greeting card and a welcome amenity in my room upon arrival. Nothing! I had to swallow my pride and ask for a little something. The walls are so thin that I was kept awake one night by a loud snorer next door. It sounded like he was in the same room! When a hotel charges $350 a night for a standard room plus another $50 for parking & resort fee, you'd think they would soundproof their walls. My phone would ring one time off & on throughout my trip and engineering could not fix it. That was a pain. My fridge was set to high in back so my food all froze the first night. The maids woke me up one morning at 8:00 a.m. Too early. And the wires to the doorbell for my room was crossed with the room next door so every time theirs rang, mine rang. Also, this resort, like most Hyatt resorts, caters to big convention crowds, so be sure and ask in-advance if hundreds of people seeking to let loose will be descending on the property at that time. Lastly, if you do like to face the ocean, know that the road in front of the hotel (PCH) is very loud and there will be a lot of smoke from all the bonfires on the beach. Just a caveat.

Will I return? Probably. But it sure would be nice if the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach could up their game a little bit and become a true 5 star property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kilarney1
Dear Kilarney1,

Thank you for the terrrific feedback and we are sorry that your stay was anything but exceptional!We appreciate the challenge to "up our game", so please contact me directly on your next visit to the resort. It is our goal that every guest have a wonderful experience and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This place was amazing from the moment we drove up on the property! We got a GREAT deal form hotwire and enjoyed every moment of our stay! The staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean and spacious, Freds down the street (Mexican restaurant) was amazing, and the beach is literally across the street! Had a little water park area and 2 decent size pools. Thanks for the great stay!

Room Tip: Beach view if possible!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Oshawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was our first trip to Huntington Beach! We were there this past April 2014. My 6 year old son, husband, mom, dad, sister and fiancee all travelled together. The moment we drove up to the resort, we knew we were in for a treat. The check-in was very smooth and the staff were extremely warm and welcoming. Our room had everything we needed…great balcony, view of the ocean/garden and a very nice bathroom. The LOCATION was AMAZING! Honestly, we were just a few minutes from Main Street and right across the street from the Pacific Ocean!

The resort was quite large…I feel badly that we were only there a short 3 days and were not able to take advantage of all the amenities. This would have been a PERFECT vacation if it was not for a very unfortunate incident. My mother and I booked a SPA TREATMENT at the resort. This SPA had to be one of the nicest spa I have travelled too (and I have been to quite a few). The massage therapists were AMAZING and the facility was first class! The only bad part of this trip was that my mother's wallet that was in her purse was stolen from her locker.

She had over $700 US and $200 CDN. Obviously, this was NO fault of the resort. Once we notified the manager she was extremely helpful in getting us connected with security. Unfortunately, as it happened in the change room there are NO CAMERAS in there. A week later, we got a phone call from the Director of Security saying that they had found my mother's wallet except, the contents in it were ALL MISSING. They mailed the empty wallet to us in Canada…but unfortunately it was not the same one. The thief must have switched wallets.

So needless to say, that really ruined our family vacation. My sister held on to my mother's passport, otherwise it too would have been missing! My mom is now in the process of getting all her ID back and bank cards. The resort believes it was most likely a guest staying that the resort who did this. My mom learned a very valuable lesson…NEVER EVER bring any valuables to the SPA. This was my mother's first time travelling and unfortunately she thought it would be safe because of the classy resort we were staying at. Obviously, that was a terrible assumption on her part. As for the resort, I am really happy with the way we were treated there and the team did everything they could to help us retrieve our belonging.

However, that aside…everything else with the hotel was amazing. So if you are ever in Huntington Beach…you should really consider booking this resort. It really is an AMAZING PLACE and the STAFF is the reason why I would consider returning!

Room Tip: Leave all valuable LOCKED in your room safe when visiting the SPA. Don't bring any ID or CASH wi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Oxford, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been to probably over 200 Hotels all around the world in my life. This is one of the top 3 hotels I have ever stayed at in my world travels. The people were very friendly. The room was extremely nice and clean. The area around it was nice and plenty of stuff for the teenagers we had with us.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

What a great place to stay and relax. Had a fantastic time for the week I was there.

First class all the way, great food,pools, everything was top notch.

I would go back in a minute if I could. The staff was attentive to all our needs, very nice and polite. The grounds were well kept and manicured, food was excellent. Went to the grocery store almost every day, especially for breakfast.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a first class hotel and resort.

• Stayed May 2014

#4 of 22 in Laguna Beach
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel
#1 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!