Our family (my wife, three of my daughters, one son-in-law and two grandchildren) stayed here June 13th 2014. For full disclosure I should say that I did not pay for the rooms. My son-in-law footed the bill for those and the parking. OK, he has a friend on the inside and got discounted rooms and paid nothing for the parking. I just want to be honest so you know I'm not a bitter customer or anything - I'm just giving my honest opinion.
The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The restaurants that I ate at (Pete's grill?, and the Water...something) were both excellent sources of food, although a bit pricey. At the grill we ordered 2 hamburgers (and fries) 1 fish taco, 1 full greens (whatever that is) and 1 bottle of Evian water. The bill was $72.36 before tip. Seems like a lot for two burgers, a taco and a salad.
Breakfast was at the Water....something and we had buffet. Best breakfast buffet I've had, probably ever. We sat outside by the fish pool and were diligently cared for (coffee, OJ, take away plates) by Danielle. The food was fresh, hot (if it was supposed to be) and not the same old same old you'd find at a lower priced hotel.
Our room (3250) has a partial view of the ocean, the bridge and the fish pool. Nice, but not breathtaking. Not one to stare at the view, it was not a priority for me but was pleasant enough. The room itself, honestly - the marble accents are nice, the furniture is a little nicer than LaQuinta, or Best Western, but is it hundreds of dollars nicer? I think not. The beds were OK and the room size was not enormous, but it was sufficient.
Not being a spa, sauna, pool or beach person you can imagine my entertainment with the place diminished rather rapidly. My wife and girls enjoyed those things and raved about them. I wandered around the grounds until I had seen everything 2 or 3 times, and then I was ready to leave.
Most people will love this place. I thought it was OK, the staff is great. The mandatory valet parking is not an endearing feature to me. It may be to you. Final note: we forgot my wife's injection (in the fridge - never checked before I left the room). I called the next morning and they had it refrigerated and waiting for me to pick it up - which I did (after driving 85 miles and missing most of my grandson's 1st birthday - the reason we were in CA in the first place). So, yes, it's a nice place, but isn't that what you'd expect for the money you WILL spend when you stay here? :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a community also known as "Surf City, USA", the resort offers easy access via a pedestrian walkway to eight miles of wide beaches where waves crash and surfers reign. The magnificent Andalusian architecture, reminiscent of Spain's southern coast, and lush landscaping combine to create a sense of casual elegance and your own private seaside retreat. All rooms have private terraces, and most feature stunning views of the Pacific. Five different dining restaurants,a grocery store, a full service spa and salon and two pools and several hot tubs on the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Hotel Huntington Beach
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort And Spa