“Horrible”

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Horrible”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night,It was awful. I know it was cheap but I did except to be able to sleep, the bed was the most uncomfortable bed that I have "tried" to sleep upon, the owners were unfriendly, more interested in making their chapatis! Too near massage parlours and seedy things, this put. Me out of my comfort zone. Never again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mattvinyl

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 October 2013

What do you expect in a hotel when it's around $55.00 a night 2 miles from the Beach?
Yes, it could have been cleaner, but it was better than I thought it would be. It had a large 42 flat screen TV, with a queen side bed, AC, Heat, refrigerator, microwave oven and again only 2 miles from Hunting Beach Pier. Chris the manager was very nice and professional and did everything for me to make my stay very enjoyable. I would stay there again and again, when every other hotel in the area was twice to 3 times as much... you got to be kidding me.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank 34groj
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The pictures of this place are deceiving. First they wouldn't give me a confirmation number for the reservation. The room was disgusting the towels were dirty the beds suck. The lamp shade was missing, holes in the bathroom door, the door knob to the bathroom was broken, the toilet paper was literally tissue paper, it smelled like curry, the wifi didn't work, the toilet seat was broken, the shower was disgusting!!!!! Crayon marks on the doors, the staples on the carpet were out, we went and bought our own sheets,towels and pillow cases we were so disgusted. BEWARE IT'S DISGUSTING

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Starlightcustomer

Travellers are raving about these Huntington Beach hotels

Indio, California
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Curse me for not using Trip Advisor when booking this hotel because then I would have known ~ that little restful sleep occurs when sleeping on a poorly covered king box spring ~that a motel in 2012 does NOT provide ANY form of soap ~ that a malfunctioning shower head can and will spray the bathroom, the floor, and the adjoining dressing area in 2.0 seconds ~ that three kinds of bugs (ants, gnats and daddy longlegs) live in hovels in Huntington Beach in November. Beyond that, the door did lock and the taped window kept most of the fog at bay. Glad to leave this one behind. People, please do not make my mistake. Use Trip Advisor EVERY time you leave home.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Indio760
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

Overall a good stay.. Friendly staff and clean rooms but quite far away from the beach and "mainstreet" with all the restaurants and shops.. Really liked Huntington beach itself, awesome beach and lots of great restaurants!!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank sofiabeijer
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We joked about how bad it was... We survived... Most Surrounding Hotels are very expensive... so we were glad to at least have something... The WiFi worked and no extra charge for it.... Old round Tube TV with broken DirecTV - he came and fixed it though. The Kicker - there was pistachio shells all over the mat and the walkway in the front of our room, we asked if they would sweep them up - they swepped up some of them - Hilarious, like - you cant sweep up all of them. We never did get rid of all the pistachio shells at our front entrance.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Brian C
Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

The outside looked nice/average. They only had 1 room left and it was a smoking room. I don't smoke but he was nice enough to let me look at the room to check it out. I did a quick look just see how bad the smell was and it wasn't that bad. He told me it was going to be 84 but gave it to me for 75.
I really should of took a better look at the room first. But it was a Friday night and everything else around was sold out or close to 200. for the night. They offered free HBO but there was no channels at all. So no t.v
I didn't feel comfortable sleeping there. It felt dirty. The walls looked dirty. The shower curtain was filthy and so was the window curtain. Counter tops and desk looked dirty. The towels looked stained and had hair on them. The window had duck tape around it. The peep hole had toilet paper in it. The bathroom window had no window! Someone could crawl through it if they wanted to. I really don't like leaving bad reviews but I do hope the owner will look at this and actually try to put some effort into making this place better.

• Stayed July 2012