“Mixed Bag” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Syracuse, New York
“Mixed Bag”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The first time I stayed here it was great. Nothing fancy, but a perfect location and it was clean.
The second and last time I stayed here, it was a nightmare. We walked into our room and a sink had overflowed and brought up sand and hair with it. The floor was soaked and there was nasty hair all over the sink, vanity, and floor. The front desk clerk was less than helpful and insisted on checking it out because she didn't believe us. We were moved to another room and the desk clerk made it very clear that we were disturbing her. The next room was less than clean, but we had to leave for an appointment and didn't have time to deal with the room. On our way out we asked that the room be cleaned. Not surprisingly, it wasn't clean when we returned. In addition, we could not get the wifi to work in the room. Calling the front desk was pointless. The woman at the desk said she would put in a service ticket, but that the computer guy wasn't in until morning.
The only thing this hotel has going for it is the location. Best Western may not be a top of the line hotel, but even Best Western should be embarrassed to have their name on this place based on my last stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Becauseican79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mohrsville, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

The hotel is nothing special, but generally clean and right across form the beach and an easy walk to downtown Huntington Beach. The free breakfast is surprisingly good. They recently upgraded to legit WiFi, which resolved my previous issue with prior visits. I stay here a few weeks every year for business.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dan S
Big Bear City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have an ocean view king. I have a full room view of the ocean and beach.Room is nicely sized, clean, up to date with large flat screen tv. Nice deck. And if you locked yourself out there it is because you are an idiot or don't know how to read. I stayed at the Hyatt last year, it was very nice but cost me $20.00 every time I left the room. This place is walking distance to everywhere. Just perfect! Nice walk on the pier after dinner at Dukes. Staff is friendly and helpful. I don't know why they had rude reviews, of course I am not trying to sneak a ton of people in my room. I have to admit I was worried because of the reviews , but I live this place and plan on coming back. Beds are comfy. We just ate breakfast and it was really good. Usually free breakfasts are stale and not very good. I am full. Cereal, bagel and cream cheese, muffins, waffles, juices, coffee, tea..... And more. My husband who usually complains about almost everything, found nothing. We are already planning our next trip back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Ramona F
Victorville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night in December 2013. We wanted to have a night out near the day and night life, within walking distance, and not pay too much for a place considering we would only need a place to crash. This is no resort, so nothing was spectacular, but it's not supposed to be. Everything was clean and up-to-date, which was perfect for us. Standard rooms come with a fridge, which was nice for beverages. We were able to walk to Ra sushi for dinner which was very close. We also went to various places/bars on Main Street during the day and night. It wasn't too far of a walk for us, and I was in heels mind you, but I suppose it might be for others. The beach is across the street, if you are looking to spend your day there. We weren't interested in the spa so I can't speak on that, and the only staff we encountered during our short stay was during check-in and check-out. They were a bit slow checking us in, especially being the only people there at the time, but I don't think that's anything out of the norm for a place like this. So no outstanding customer service, but nothing bad to speak on either. All and all, if you want a cheap and decent hotel in a prime location, I highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cody M
Visalia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Very nice hotel location right on the beach. Could use a little updating on room items. I did not like that in order to use the spa you had to go to the front desk and leave your ID in exchange for the key to get into the spa area. You then had to return to the front desk to get your ID back when you were finished. Not thought thru very well on the Hotel part, its just a inconvenience to the hotel guests. Your room key should work for this.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Fenwick Island, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my family stayed at this Best Western for 1 night because we were on the road all day and needed a place to stay. It was the best place to stay in the area. Upon checking in the front desk clerk was friendly and he was very helpful of where to find a place for dinner and checked us in without further incident. The room was supposed to have 2 queen beds but, we're clearly double beds, it was clean but, the pillows were hard and half the length of a standard pillow. And the sliding door had a broken lock which made us uneasy considering 2 people were getting arrested outside of our window and the neighborhood was sketchy it's self. But, the TV was brand new and the room was very well maintained. Overall I would recommend staying there:)

Stayed January 2014
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

After one night at another hotel that had major construction going on moved to the Best Western for 3 nights. Had a great stay. Arrived at the hotel several hours before check in. Room was not ready but they let us park our car in the free underground parking. Had a King room with partial ocean view. Lots of room for 2 people. Nice mini frig and microwave. Had breakfast one morning it was basic but fine for us. I would say this is a basic hotel in a great location. Would definitely stay again. Couldn't beat the price for the location. We took advantage of the roof top to get some sun time in. It was in the 80's and we're from Washington. Spa and rooftop are small and would not be convenient in busy times because they only allow 8 people up at a time. If you don't mind a basic, no frills hotel this would be a great place for you. Beds were comfy, shower worked well, and even a small balcony. Best thing is location to beach, pier, and main street and price. Front desk was very friendly whenever we had questions.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 22 in Huntington Beach
#12 of 22 in Huntington Beach
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel
#1 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Huntington Beach Inn? Share your experiences!