“Dog Beach”

Huntington Dog Beach
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Huntington Dog Beach is amazing, to be able to sit or walk the beach with your Dog or Dogs is great. This beach is clean, everyone is very respectful or the beach and each other. Their are plenty of Dogs off leash running and playing and yet is safe and friendly. A great beach, even if you havent got a dog.

1  Thank Denise D
in 88 reviews
"beach"
in 322 reviews

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The dog beach is a delightful place. Dogs (and people) of all sorts meat and mingle and play in the sand and surf (at least the dogs do). Dogs are generally well behaved and too busy enjoying themselves to fight. If you are lucky you may see a doggy surfing contest (no lie). And pick up a dig beach T-shirt.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I think it is great that there is a place like this where people can take their dogs. The dog owners keep the beach nice and the dogs seem very happy. I hope that the city continues to let dog beach stay as it is.

1  Thank Randy B
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I decided to try out this beach since I am a new dog owner. I wasn't really sure what to expect and was pleasantly surprised to find this beach really no different than a normal beach. It was very clean and owners and dogs alike were very respectful of one another. I have a tiny teacup Yorkie and he could not have been any happier unless I took him to Disneyland. He had a blast running in the sand and mingling with both small and large dogs. Most dogs are happiest off leash but we kept him on at the beginning just to be safe. We quickly realized he was in no danger of other dogs as they were all very well mannered so free he became. Both my kids and I had a great time here with him. We will definitely be back.

Note on the parking: The cost was $1.50 an hour and the machines took cash or cards so that was a great deal I thought.

1  Thank Caroline L