“Great place to stay”

Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Upon check in the staff was very polite, there is no elevator but let's face it, we could all use exercise! The room was very nice, looks like new carpet and paint. Bed was excellent! Great nights sleep. The window didn't lock, but on the third floor it didn't bother me at all, there is some road noise but nothing that really bothered me, the floor is slanted, but once again nothing that bothered me. I would stay here again on my next trip, the price is right and location is excellent! It says a no smoking facility but on the small deck there was a man that was smoking, but there was no smell of any sort in my room, no sign of bugs either.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Evelyn E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I love the colored walls definatly brings life to the Room and smelled very nice! Also the lady in the office was awesome! The only but biggest problem for me is the internet is way too slow! The upload speed was 0.12 Which is incredibley too slow for me to work! The upload must be at least a 1.0 mega bite per sec. So looks like i got to check out now! HUGE HUGE HUGE BUMMER!!! Cause i love the rooms!! Damn.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Motelcheckin
Vacaville, California
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I was keeping my expectations for this hotel relatively low considering I booked the room on booking.com for only $45 a night; pretty much all that my boyfriend and I wanted was a place to sleep and get ready before/after sightseeing in the Huntington Beach area.

Upon check in, I was surprised at the quality of the room for the price. Clean, updated liens, mini fridge and microwave in room, and even a flat screen TV. There was some minor paint chips and cracks on the walls, but nothing unexpected from an older hotel.

My boyfriend and I dropped off our luggage, and decided to head out to watch the sunset and grab dinner at one of the nearby restaurants.

When we got back to the room at about 10 PM, I wanted to jump in the shower before heading to bed. To my surprise, when I went to turn on the water, there was literally only drops of water coming out. I wasn't even able to pull up the tab to start the shower because the lack of pressure. My boyfriend and I immediately called the front desk.

The owner of the hotel then came to our room to investigate the cause of the shower issue. After looking at the shower, the owner concluded he would be back in a few minutes to try fix the problem. At this point, it was nearly 11 o'clock and my boyfriend and I requested that we be switched to a room with a working shower, as it was getting late. The owner's response was that he did not have another room to switch us too, and since we had only paid $45 for the room he would only be able to give us half of our money back if we wanted a refund. He then left our room slamming the door behind him.

My boyfriend and I immediately grabbed our belongings and made our way to the front desk. I demanded a refund for my full $45, only to be argued with by the owner saying that we had "stayed" there (despite it was only for about 6 hours) and therefore we only were owned half of our money back. After several minutes of going back and fourth with the owner, his wife finally came fourth and refunded us for our full booking price. She then slammed the window in our faces and said we were "blacklisted" from the hotel.

I was completely mortified by the customer service this hotel provided in regards to the shower issue. Just because I booked the room through a third party website for a low rate, doesn't mean you can put me in a non-operating room and refuse to refund my money.

11 Thank cali4nialove_10

Travellers are raving about these Huntington Beach hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 12 November 2012

It is a five minute walk to SUNSET BEACH, which is fine, but we had a car so we drove the 8 minles to Huntington Beach. Its all sand and water, but we wanted to see it. The rooms are $60 a night so you cant be terribly picky people! This is why we picked it! And I've stayed in $600 roms before so I know the differences in prices. The beds and sheets are clean, the jet tub needed to be manually plugged with a plastic bag and it was LOUD but it worked fine, free wifi, free parking, easy check in check out, 2 great restarant within walking distance-The harbor cafe and woody's.

Riverside, California
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I booked this hotel for two nights, but only ended up staying one night because the room was uncomfortably sub-standard. The carpet was filthy, damp, loose, and actually torn up between the bed and the wall. The light in the bathroom did not work, the paint job was haphazard, and there were stains on the curtains and lampshade. The furniture in the room was beaten up. There was no safety lock on the hotel room door. I booked a reservation at a different hotel for the second night even though I was not given a refund for the night I didn't stay. You will be sadly disappointed if you stay here! Pay extra for a nicer hotel!

5 Thank Amanda A
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This hotel is decent. It is clean accept for carpet. Service was okay. Maids gave you everything you need. The management is strict about any foul play. You do feel.safe here. Its very close to beach Huntington and Seal Beach. They even provide deodorant for you. Each room does have a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed October 2012
washgirl
Reviewed 23 October 2012

The bed, toilet, bathtub, and sink were clean....that is it! This was the grossest place I have been in a long time. It wouldn't take much effort (or cost) to clean the carpets (after you replace these nasty ones) I was in hotel for less then 8hrs.....6 of them sleeping....and my socks were so disgusting and black. The tops of all furniture has a layer of dust and even the tiny bit of bathroom floor gets neglected....It met my needs for some sleep near a start line. Don't bring your children here!

Room Tip: The bed, toilet, bathtub, and sink were clean....that is it! This was the grossest place I have be...