“Best of the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Huntington Beach
“Best of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Last minute stay..I loved it!! Clean!!!! Best part was the door that separates from hall way to the rooms...why??? I have kids..best of all room has a tub!!! Why??? AGAIN!! KID'S!!! EASY BATHING. ..I WILL BE THERE AGAIN SOON!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank betty g
CSHB12, General Manager at Comfort Suites Huntington Beach, responded to this review, 23 June 2014

714-841-1812

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Centerville, Utah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stopped by for a night and had a good stay. We stayed in a room with a king bed and a pull out. It was a little on the small side but worked well for us. It was clean, comfortable, and quite. The customer service was good, both at night for check in and in the morning. Breakfast had some good choices and they kept up with the crowd. Pool and the hot tub were great. I would recommend this hotel to others. The construction was noticeable but did not detract for out stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CSHB12, Manager at Comfort Suites Huntington Beach, responded to this review, 4 June 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

The Exterior of the comfort suites was not inviting...... And I wondered what I'd booked! I checked in and they we're very helpful, lovely staff. So I got my key cards and headed to my room. There was construction within the building, clearly updating the suites which was great but the jitties and ally's to the rooms were poorly lit and quite frankly a little bit scary. Once I was at my room it was nice.....clean, tidy and adequate with nice complimentary toiletries and nicely prepared bedding.
The wifi signal was very poor here. I found I had to keep logging in every time and it was just frustrating. The whole complex is currently under construction and I'm sure will look a lot better when complete but I didn't feel entirely comfortable there. However I have to say the reception staff were so helpful and really kind.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nicole P
CSHB12, Manager at Comfort Suites Huntington Beach, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.
The Exterior of the comfort suites was painted and redesigned .We are sorry if construction has caused any inconvenience to your family. We are glad you liked our Suites.
We had a heavy wind that would have disrupted telephone lines for few days and we will talk to WiFi company about it.
Regards,
Comfort Suites.
Huntington Beach.CA
Rock Hall, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I knew that this hotel was under construction, so expected some inconvenience and noise, but booked it for 5 nights because of price and location. The renovated room was clean and comfortable, although there were no reading lights by the bed and passage space between the foot of the bed and the wall was narrow. It did have a small refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast was fine - a different hot selection each day plus cereals, waffles, pastries, yogurt, fresh fruit.

Unfortunately in our room the heater made grinding noises which woke us at night and the top "lock" with the long double bar and ball (don't know what that's called) was hanging off the door. We asked two days in a row for those to be repaired. While the person at the desk seemed responsive, nothing was ever done, and we gave up. We had other family in a second room. They were unhappy because the room was not made up until 3 or 4 pm each day.

We had an early flight and wanted to check out at 5:30 am. The lobby was locked. A sign on the door said services were available 24/7 and to please knock, but that brought no results. We called the hotel number and were told to just leave- that everything was OK, and we should just throw out the card keys.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that has been renovated. I think the old ones must be a mess.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travelerRH
CSHB12, Manager at Comfort Suites Huntington Beach, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear,
While we are disappointed to hear of such a negative experience, we appreciate your candor and honesty in letting us know exactly what you experienced. It is only through our guests that we learn how we can improve.

I want you to know that we pride ourselves on providing an enjoyable stay experience and therefore find the experience you had to be unacceptable. I will personally investigate the situation to make sure that issues you experienced are addressed so that they do not continue for future guests.

We do hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate just how enjoyable your stay can be at our facility and I promise we will do everything we can to bring back the confidence that you have in the Comfort Suites brand. Thank you again for taking the time to share your stay experience with us.

Sachin Amin.
General Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Huntington Beach hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

stay away from this dive of a hotel. I was rented a room that was still under construction. painters tape still covering door jams the jetted tub, jets were painted in place. I was told I would be receiving a suite but nothing sweet about the room I received. a in room safe that was thrown in the closet. and no need for a remote the room was so small you could change channels from bed. my feet latterly touched the t.v. stand at the end of the bed and you have to squeeze by to get to the bathroom, the base boards and door trim are scraps pieced together and still have gaps cause they are not long enough. there were other customers in lobby complaining about there room being entered while they were in it with out permission. and staff particularly the night manager is very dis honest. I paid cash and was told my credit card would only be used for a incidental hold of 100 dollars but when I checked my statement there is a charge for 223.08. that is more than my hole stay. when I tried to contact the night manager ( initials R.C.) he showed no interest in even looking it up in there system and hung up on me. I will never stay at another comfort inn. I suggest no one dose either, COMPLETE TRASH! UNPERFESHIONAL! CROOKS!!!

Room Tip: stay away!! this place will ruin your trip.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Travis C
CSHB12, Manager at Comfort Suites Huntington Beach, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.

San Rafael Ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Construction zone with mattresses and furniture stored on second story corridor facing parking lot and also in below building parking area. WiFI unreliable and very slow. Worn out furniture with desk chairs inappropriate for height of desk. Gouged out table. No mirror in room itself only in bathroom.
First room assigned computer key would not work and maid could not get ventilator to work either.
Try the Super 8 or Howard Johnsons on Beach Blvd instead
Disgusting dump that should not have Comfort Suites logo on it; corporate notified and inspection requested
I am a real business traveller and not someone panning the competition.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Robert F
CSHB12, Manager at Comfort Suites Huntington Beach, responded to this review, 18 March 2014

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

When we booked 3 x rooms we were not informed that the hotel was under renovation. When we arrived my colleagues refused to spend even one night at this property. The hotel was very dirty, the carpets were soiled as was the upholstery on the chairs in the dining area. Part of the floors were ripped up.

Despite being informed they had a 24 hour cancellation the manager Mike refused to refund our bookings for the following 3 nights. Mike advised that he would refund us if he could relet the rooms.

We called later that night under a different name and were told they were sold out. When we asked for Mike for our refund he refused.

This hotel is very dirty and the management dishonest.

Save your money!