“Really great hotel with excellent location”

The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Huntington Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Mission Viejo, United States
“Really great hotel with excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

We couldn't have been happier with this hotel. We came for Memorial Day weekend for a little "staycation" since we live 20 - 30 minutes away and we will definitely be back. We brought our daughter and went bike riding on the beach and had a blast. Perfect location and you can walk wherever you want to go, we never even pulled the car out.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Princeton Junction, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week while visiting our son and his family. The location is wonderful and right across from the beach. Great walking and shopping in close proximity as well. The service at this hotel was superb and the food in the restaurant was excellent. It appears there is a lot of pride in a job well done here, throughout the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Fantastic Stay! The location is Phenomenal, service was fabulous, and beds were very comfortable. The property was right across the street from the beach and easy to get to. The pool area has complimentary beach chairs and boogy boards and towels you can take to the beach. They have nightly entertainment on the weekends. The pool area is fun with music. They have a restaurant with a Happy Hour and a little shop that serves Starbucks, bagels and snacks for the kids. Downtown Huntington is just a mile away and they do offer on the hour complimentary shuttle with tons of shopping and restaurants. We did not even use our car the 4 days we were there. Loved it! rooms are a bit small and do have a fridge only in a standard room.
The pool area does have fire pits going all the time for late night and early morning. Loved everything at the hotel will be back for sure!!

1 Thank mccabe4u
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

To be fair I must say it has been over a year since I spent time at Hyatt regency. ( I did compare to memory and previous tripadvisor review.)

The Hilton waterfront is an amazing hotel, it is the kind of hotel you could spend a week at. The entrance is beautiful, I don't think lobby is enough different from hyatt to make a decision, staff was friendly and helpful at both, the
Hilton Valet staff was very quick, and not annoying at all. I was not made to feel guilt because I wanted to carry my own luggage. We we upgraded to a better room when we got there. ( I have no complaints about hyatt either. fyi these hotels are next to each other. )

The gym was sparse at the Hilton the solitary stationary bicycle broke while I was on it. I do not remember if I used the Hyatts.

Room service was great at both hotels. Rooms were clean, nice beds in both, I remember Hyatt as being slightly nicer. (but barely)

This review would be 5 stars if it wasn't for the clearly better pools at the Hyatt. The pool At Hilton is great , staff seems even friendlier than I remember Hyatt. But hyatt pool system seems resort like. Hilton more like a hotel pool. The Hilton has a sand play area my daughters loved. They gave toys to my children. Clearly more kid friendly staff than Hyatt So you can tell the pools are clearly better at Hyatt if I am raving about Hilton but still prefer hyatt better. Hyatt has multiple sites on their campus for marshmallow roasting and sitting by the fire.

Hilton had a hula show which was fun, the story line was lame, but who cares the dancing and fire dance was awesome. Hilton staff made ballon animals for my daughter as well which they loved.

Hilton has a brunch that looks awesome, but we ate the breakfast.... Which was a disappointment, the breakfast is in a beautiful setting, but to similar to hotel type breakfast, the only food truly tasty was some amazing fresh pineapple and great blueberry compote on some very ordinary Belgian pancakes. The pastries were very disappointing. But as far as service the service at breakfast was great, the breakfast buffet is expensive, but they let kids eat free. I had similar complaint about food at Hyatt which was More expensive then Hilton but slightly better. This does not apply to much more expensive brunch at Hilton which did look much tastier.

The ease of getting to beach is simple both places, but Hyatt has a bridge which is safer, but the crosswalk at Hilton seemed very safe.

The smoking area is right next to entrance to beach, that was nasty, that is the only real complaint I have about Hilton. Hilton is an awesome hotel that happens to be right next to slightly nicer hotel.

So I think if you have the choice I would spend $30 more per night to stay at Hyatt, but Hilton is such a great staffed hotel with such a nice location I suspect spending more than 30 extra for hyatt would be wasted, Hilton is gorgeous you can spend the extra money on cabanas, wine etc and you would absolutely love the Hilton. For staff who reads this we intend on spend many vacations at your hotel and the hyatt, we love both.

Th

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank TravelingwithTwins4
Hilton Beachfront resort in Huntington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

Paulette Fischer Hotel Manager is the best! she went way beyond my expectations To deliviver a peaceful relaxing stay for me & my newly engaged fiancee. from A 1-10 scale 10 being the best. I would have to give Paulette fischer an 11 truely exceptional Thank You paulette & the rest of the Hilton beach front resort staff in huntington beach

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stayed for a couple nights in May and had an excellent stay. Upon arrival the bell desk gave our kids a sand pail and shovel and a bottle of water for each of us. Check in was quick and easy. We had an ocean view room with two doubles. It was a very nice, large room with a good size balcony and decent bathroom. There is a fridge and safe in the room. The room we got was a "hypoallergenic" room with wood floors instead of carpet. It was strange that it had all feather pillows, and the room seemed rather dusty. The rate we had included continental breakfast at the "surf hero" market. This was Starbucks coffee, muffin and fruit. The hotel is across the street from the beach and the bell desk will lend you umbrellas, beach chairs, sand toys, boogie boards, etc. Another great convenience! We ate at Shades one evening. We found the musician good, but EXTREMELY loud. We almost wanted to hurry out of the restaurant. We could clearly hear the music from our 11th floor room both nights. I am surprised that parking is about $30/night, as there is not much else around here but another hotel. We enjoyed the pool area each day as well. There is even a small sand area by the pool for kids.
One thing that we did not like was that most of the TV channels did not work. We were not able to get local news.
I would definitely stay here again!

1 Thank traveler06
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

Had a great time here from beginning to end. The staff is friendly and knowledgable. I visited here with my wife and we would both highly recommend a stay here.

One of our most memorable experiences happened at The Sunday Brunch at their restaurant Shades. We were pleasantly surprised when a magician approached our table. The surprise was that this was the same magician that we saw when we visited Maui, John George. In Maui we spent a lot of money to see him perform in a theatre. He was worth every penny. He performs at that theatre several times a year. At the Hilton he isn't doing the show but he does close-up magic table-side. It was nice to get to meet him. Apparently, he has been performing at the brunch at the Hilton since 1995. It isn't a surprise that he has been there that long. He does amazing magic that fools us every time. He is amazing and funny. We really enjoyed speaking with him.

We will go back to the brunch just to see him. To top it off the food was amazing too.

Hilton was great!!! Brunch and John George are a must.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 22 in Huntington Beach
Terranea Resort
Terranea Resort
#1 of 2 in Rancho Palos Verdes
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,091 reviews

Been to The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!