“excellent hotel”

The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Huntington Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 June 2014

stayed here for 4 nights whilst on a road trip to parts of america with my husband and daughter, fantastic hotel with staff who can;t do enough for you and who are so friendly and helpful. Valet parking (only option) bit steep at 32 dollars per day but we were given vouchers for breakfast to value of 45 dollars per day so this kind of cancelled out valet parking. We just had the continental breakfast as we were fed up with the cooked breakfasts while being in other areas. It was orange juice, tea or coffee bagels, toast cakes fruit cereals etc. Our room was lovely side view of the ocean and we could actually see dolphins in the water. Room had a free fridge, safe and coffee making machine. Be careful when getting a taxi bak from the main huntington street as we are scottish so right away taxi driver knew we were tourists, he charged 10 dollars which thought was steep as you are only in taxi for minutes, and the next twice we were charged 5 dollars, he had no meter on but the others did so obviously dishonest taxi drivers are in the area he was a tall foreign accent guy with specs. That and the fact it was memorial weekend so made it very busy at this time. You an sit in the bar for a d rink round a fire pit and listen to a guy singing, wines a bit steep at ten dollars a glass don't think it was even that price in vegas or the disney area and bottle of beer 8 dollars. Hotels should reduce prices and people would have more than a couple of drinks . They had happy hour between 5 and 7 pm where wine was 5 dollars and you could get snacks for 5 dollars also.Had a meal on the main street place called okaiee or something like that and it was excellent and would highly recommend huge portions and only 9 dollars and the staff were so nice, friendly and helpful it is on left hand side as you are walking up from beach. Would highly recommend this hotel, we were treated so well and they are all so polite. We even woke up one morning and an Indian wedding was going on below us it was lovely to watch and listen to all the kind of bollywood music, last of all rooms were lovely bright and very clean with really solid locks on the balcony doors so felt very safe.....

Room Tip: building site on ocean sunset side but did not see any work going on .we had ocean sunrise room view...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank letitia114
There are newer reviews for The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had a wonderful, enjoyable and relaxing stay at this hotel.

The room was roomy with a beautiful view. We were in the Catalina Suite. It's a corner suite. It's on the 11th floor, stunning view. The balcony wrapped around from the front with an ocean view in the front to the side of the hotel where you could see much of the city. There is some construction going on next door, but that is a minor sight compared to the expansive view of the pool on the ground floor and the view of Huntington Beach, the city.

In addition to the beautiful room, the people working at the hotel were extraordinary. Every service person was polite and cheerful and always ready to be of service if you asked but never intrusive.

Sophia cleaned our room every day. I asked her how long she was with the hotel. She said 14 years. I was happy to hear that they treat their employees so well that they would stay 14 years. She was always pleasant and kept the room exactly how we liked it.

Anthony was our bellhop. From the moment he took our things to the room, he was there for us whenever we needed him. He initially brought us to the room, explained all the things about the room, told us what times we could see the best sights over the Pacific Ocean with the sun rising and setting. He was a wealth of information about the room, the city and the hotel. Throughout our stay we would see him in the hotel and always had a smile, was engaging and wanted to help us if we needed. My whole family got to know him very well. It was fun. Everyone got to know Anthony. It was like he was part of the family vacation. :)

Scott was a man I'd always see around the first floor. I'm not sure of his position. He'd smile and one time asked if there was anything we needed. One night I asked him if it was okay for us to go sit at the fire pit that is on in the evenings by the pool. (I didn't know if that was for private parties). He said, "Sure, you can go to the fire pit." He continued and said, "This is your home for your stay. You are welcome everywhere." It was so delightful. We felt so welcome.

I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it all was. Not ONE person working at the hotel appeared unhappy to be of service and who I label as "having a 'tude." We were there four nights.

We will be going again next year and the year after that. I generally don't like going to the same place every year. I like to go different places every year, different areas. But since we were treated so royally, we all said we look forward to going again.

Room Tip: The corner suite was large and lovely. We were way up above the palm trees. The palm trees at the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed at the Waterfront for a week. Had a room ocean view. Nice room. It all started with the Valet parking. They are there to get you out of your car and give you instructions on checking in. Very friendly and nice men. Check in went very smoothe and the bell man took everything to our room and set it up. I was very impressed with every staff member at this resort. We sat by the pool one day and the Gentleman in head of Security came over and just visited with us. Come to find out he had ties in Utah where we are from. The Beach at Huntington Beach is one of the cleanest Beach. Every morning they are out there cleaning up the beach. Not one bad experience happened to us. We were very well taken care of. My only complaint was no free wifi. It was 12.95 a day for internet unless you went downstairs and used THEIR computers. For me I don't like to use public computers.

Room Tip: Ocean front Room
Reviewed 5 June 2014

EVERYONE from check in to bellman to waiters/waitress to valet were very, very accommodating to my husband and myself. We were celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary and really felt taken care of. I used my fathers timeshare credit and we tried getting the upgrade to either a oceanfront or 1 bedroom suite when we booked our reservation we were unable to to so but still had a wonderfully beautiful ocean view room and at check in we received comp breakfast for both mornings. And the complimentary wine to celebrate our Anniversary was an awesome touch and made us feel special! THANK YOU again for the great hospitality!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank natalied446
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have stayed at this property over 200 times as a business traveler during 2012 - 2013 and have never had even the slightest negative experience. From housekeeping to valet to front desk to management this property provides an EXCELLENT guest experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel was clean but expensive. No self parking except across street where you have to feed a meter. Valet parking was $32 a day and then a tip is expected. Room was over $250 and no breakfast included. Stayed in 909 and view of coast was very nice except we were overlooking a huge wedding tent and watched crew set up that started a little too early. Was too early to listen to set up workers rolling tables and talking. The room was on the side of the hotel but view of ocean was nice.

Room was clean and spacious. Bed very comfortable. We did have to call house keeping up to change the sheets as there were yellow stains in middle of bed. I don't think it was human.

The property itself was nice. There is a Whole foods, Target, Wallmart and some great restaurants in short driving distance.

Room Tip: Restaurants and pier nearby. Coffee shops about a 10 minute walk to main street.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've been staying here on business 1-2 time per year for the last 4 years. As I have been staying on business though, I can't really accurately comment on the extra amenities that the hotel offers. I will however, give some positives and negatives based on what I use at the hotel.

Positives:
-Proximity to the beach. It's right across the street!
-Pool. It's a nice pool and I've never seen it overly busy.
-Rooms. I usually stay in the standard double bed room. No complaints here. It is what it is. Try to get a room with an ocean view. It's a great thing to wake up to.
-Staff are very friendly.

Negatives:
-Proximity to Main st. I don't mind the walk (it's very nice to walk along the beach) but for young children or seniors it's quite a way to get to Main street or the Huntington Beach Pier.
-Fitness Centre. It's very small (1 bike, 2 ellipticals, 2 treadmills, & free weights).
-Bar has last call at 11pm.\
-Restaurant. I'd expect it to be a bit better for the price you pay for the hotel and the price of the food.

As I said above, I stay here for business and it gets the job done. If you're looking for something a little more lively and closer to Main street I'd recommend the Shorebreak.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
#6 of 22 in Laguna Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
#7 of 18 in Newport Beach

Been to The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!